cobrapumagolf

sub options for Altima coupe

My recommendation would be to go to a reputable shop and see what they can come up with. 

I for sure wasnt talking cubic space as i said before and you keep harping on it. The maxima is the longer car so to me it is the bigger car plain and simple, i dont see what is so hard to grasp. 

You guys have a problem admiting your wrong. The Altima and maxima run on the same wheel base so how could one be longer. And my wife's 2 best friends drive these cars and I have detailed them both many times, even drove the maxima to Florida over 2k miles so trust me I wish we had took the  Altima cause it's has more interior room, more leg room, more head room, and hear is the important part for a system, a larger trunk. If I didn't have both setting in the driveway twice a week every week and hadn't researched and discussed this very same topic with the cars owners I would probably think like you that the higher end car is bigger but sadly the fact is it's not. If I'm wrong I will admit it but this time I'm not. And I'm not talking about this guys 2 door those are rare and are based off the 370z and they don't even make them anymore because they didn't sell. I may not be a stereo guru but I work with cars every day and have for 25 years. 

31 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Pot, kettle, kettle, pot.  OMG ROFL.                                            

According to google:

2016 Nissan Maxima Dimensions = 193"L x 73"W x 57"H
2016 Nissan Altima Dimensions = 192"L x 72"W x 58"H

Once again I wasnt talking about interior space, even by an inch Maxima is bigger. Its the internet, of course its right. Haha

I have no problem saying I'm wrong, if I am. M5 you where right about the caddy, I don't know what I was looking at, and I even said, yea I was looking at something else, and the caddy page, did in fact say $85k+. Now if my opinion on something is different, like how you like NVX, and I think it's trash, I want concede your right, but I will say you are intitalled to your own opinion, but that doesn't make it a fact. But it's all good, where men we don't like to think where ever wrong, but I'm sure we are weather we admit it or not sometimes. 

well back to my topic..... ive been out of the audio game for a while. i used to have 3 10" re audio se sealed on a us amps merlin in a truck. id say im on a budget of somewhat but want a pretty good system without using too much power and hsving to get a ho alternator amd al' that.  any opinions

You are on the right path, with choosing the Dcon's. They are VERY budget friendly and efficient. they will blow anything in their price range out of the water, with both clarity and output. I have a ported 15" Dcon and it sounds great playing everything from Odis Redding to Too Short. 

If you have a good battery, you should be fine without an HO alternator for a daily driver. Cars now a days have pretty high output to begin with, to feed all the electronics. Not to mention I personally wouldnt even worry about one until I am pushing over 2k in power. Even Then, I would install the stereo first and see if an HO is even needed afterwards. That said I just installed 2 15" Icon's in my daily driver, on 2k plus the another 600 watt amp. I have to REALLY push it, to even get the headlights to flicker. I will NOT be adding an HO, but will probably install a second battery in the back. More for reinforcement than anything, as with my listening style, that is more than enough.

What are your plans for the rest of the stereo, other than the sub? 

I've bought a pioneer avh5800bs to put in. Its got the factory Bose speakers so they will honestly probably stay for a while and upgrade to components in the front at some point later on. Amp for the sub's not real sure. May get oneat a localish shop if he still has the same brands because he used to carry quality products right at prices you can get online

Sounds like you got a plan! I agree there is no need to upgrade the speakers if they aren't broken and make you happy. Can always upgrade as you feel needed or budget permits.

I just installed a pioneer 4700bs in my ride and am pretty happy with it so far. IIRC there wasn't much dif between the two. HD radio and few other features.

Modeled a pair of Dcon 10"s for ya. They look good in the recommended volume of 1.25 cuft, so 2.5 cu ft gross vol. before port displacement. This is tuned to 32hz with a 10.5" x 4" port. (10.5" height is where you would be married, with a 12" tall box, port firing forward or backward), with a port length of 39.25". Let me know if you still need help designing the enclosure, and we will get you fixed up.

cobra.PNG

I went to a shop today and have thought about changing sub's. What about going with DC audio. Was thinking maybe 2 level 2's ported or a single level 3 Portd. Don't know much about the brand . would this be bout the same?

So they sell dc?  Lol . 

What all did they have to say

Yeah they sell DC there lol. I was just giving him my budget and what kind of idea I was going for and that's what he suggested. I just don't know much about DC I was just wanting opinions if I should go that right or the dcon or gcon route. 

I would get ssa subs but dc audio isnt to bad forreal

58 minutes ago, cobrapumagolf said:

I went to a shop today and have thought about changing sub's. What about going with DC audio. Was thinking maybe 2 level 2's ported or a single level 3 Portd. Don't know much about the brand . would this be bout the same?

You can't go wrong with either, there both nice subs. If it where me I would probably go with the single level 3 and maybe have room to expand later on. 

That's what I've been leaning on. Going with a little better single sub setup for now so in case I wanted to upgrade down the line it would be easier