ftj_85

mmats mpa2300?

So i found a nice nice shape for age mmats mpa-2300 and dont know much about it besides it works, does anyone know anything about these and if they can do 2ohms stable bridged? Im not sure if ill keep it or not what would it be good on since i think its maybe 1100rms.. Lol if I could use mtx and mmats on two 15"s be nice without negative effects

Nice amp I like anything mmats. And it's 300x2@4ohm, 575x2@2ohm, 1100x1@4ohm bridged. And that would be plenty of power for a couple gcons, or a single icon. You don't have to have, max rms to make a sub sound good, and reach its Xmax. And for a daily, I wouldn't run it below recommended impedance. Mmats is a known under rater, so I'm sure it could push 2 icons just fine. If it where me, I would push 2 icons in a big ported box at 2ohm, should sound great.

Edited by Billy Jack

Damn you went full on explanation there didn't ya @Billy Jack.  Lol it's really nice to see someone with a higer negative rank than me. 

2 hours ago, ohio45113 said:

Damn you went full on explanation there didn't ya @Billy Jack.  Lol it's really nice to see someone with a higer negative rank than me. 

Yea some around here don't respect another man's opinion, and feel their opinion's are facts, which they are not to anyone but them. But it's all good. And those mmats are hard to beat, even if it's not their top model. That's still a $600-$700 amp new, and I guarantee it will have some great sq, and probably get pretty loud if you want it to. 

oh cool so not bad amp , ive heard mmats years ago but never heard in person before. Thanks very much guys,

15 minutes ago, ftj_85 said:

oh cool so not bad amp , ive heard mmats years ago but never heard in person before. Thanks very much guys,

Your welcome, and yes MMats is one of the best made, even there second best series of amps are nice. If my 13w7 wasn't 3ohm, that's what I would Be using.

Edited by Billy Jack

so odd question could i get two more 10s hds200 and make me a box with dual chamber between the two sets of 10s so four hds200 10''s and have my mtx 1501d on one set and then the mmats 2300 on anouther? Or would this cause issues? i wish i had money for the setup i want but if this would work that be awesome too

would i have to clamp each amp to get almost the same output on both to get all subs too play right?

6 minutes ago, ftj_85 said:

would i have to clamp each amp to get almost the same output on both to get all subs too play right?

Yes you could do that. I would gain match them the best you can by ear, and it should give you a little more output. I have done the same thing with temporary amps, and it sounded fine to me just as long as the boxes are tuned the same. 

I would just use one of the amps untill you can save for something better to power all the subs

okay instead of pieced together mess.. thanks zcon subs like you have which model you got? 

24 minutes ago, ftj_85 said:

okay instead of pieced together mess.. thanks zcon subs like you have which model you got? 

Yea it's not the ideal thing to do but if your on a tight budget and not worried about sound quality it will work. I took a friends sub and amp out of his car and stuck them in mine at a competition and went up 2db. We both had the same size kickers but I was running A US2000X and he was running a big kicker amp. Obviously it didn't sound right but loud it was. Lol:doit:

1 hour ago, Billy Jack said:

Yes you could do that. I would gain match them the best you can by ear, and it should give you a little more output. I have done the same thing with temporary amps, and it sounded fine to me just as long as the boxes are tuned the same. 

No, you should surely NOT do that.

Don't mismatch amps on subs.  If you have 2 make them identical.  It will be a hot mess otherwise.

28 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

Yea it's not the ideal thing to do but if your on a tight budget and not worried about sound quality it will work.

You should stop using the term sound quality as you have no idea what it means.

All the benefits of doubling the number of drivers can easily go out the window using two completely different amps.

16 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

You should stop using the term sound quality as you have no idea what it means.

All the benefits of doubling the number of drivers can easily go out the window using two completely different amps.

I said it wasn't ideal, but could yield more spl. And yes I know what sq is, I have heard world champion cars with $100k setups. But I assume anyone buying $100 subs, and using what they already have is going for more output doesn't care as much about sq. well that and he asked how to get more output. Sometimes I think you care to much about perfect music reproduction, and not enough about how to get loud cheap. You would be amazed what hillbilly's can do with some duct tape, and bailing wire. :morepower1:

Edited by Billy Jack

Except you have no brain and just regurgitate crap someone misinformed you 20 years ago.  Another amp could be disastrous to the response of the subs actually decreasing output.

I'll give you some homework that will hopefully kickstart the thinking side of the brain.  What if one of the amps had a 12.5ms delay?  To make it easier go ahead and play a 40Hz note through both amps, sum their output and what to do you get?

The answer is 0.  They will be completely out of phase.  So yeah, that would devastate sq, lol.  Stop using terms you think you understand but don't.  Is that better?

Next question for you is what do you need to do to your power levels to have an audible difference?

The last of course is more relevant to the task at hand, but electrically who knows what bumble fuck your "duct tape" will add.

And for the record, I know how to get loud cheap.  Ask anyone here, I am as frugal as they get.  I don't care about loud now, but I'm over 40.  Surely doesn't mean I don't want to help others.

11 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

I said it wasn't ideal, but could yield more spl. And yes I know what sq is, I have heard world champion cars with $100k setups. But I assume anyone buying $100 subs, and using what they already have is going for more output doesn't care as much about sq. well that and he asked how to get more output. Sometimes I think you care to much about perfect music reproduction, and not enough about how to get loud cheap. You would be amazed what hillbilly's can do with some duct tape, and bailing wire. :morepower1:

We know you heard high dollar setups, we know you built many systems, we know you tune and install systems. We know you have a spl setup that isnt installed but you kept throwing it our faces like it was up and running. We seen your installs and they arent that great. Experience and learning dont always go hand in hand.

I have never seen someone have to give their accreditation everytime they are wrong. Wrong is wrong, open your mind and just accept that car audio is not your expertise as you once stated. Learn, listen with the intent to understand and not with the intent to respond. Nobody is attacking you either so get off your high horse. I wouldnt be doing installs if I were you until I learned more but its not my cars you are working on.

2 hours ago, jcarter1885 said:

We know you heard high dollar setups, we know you built many systems, we know you tune and install systems. We know you have a spl setup that isnt installed but you kept throwing it our faces like it was up and running. We seen your installs and they arent that great. Experience and learning dont always go hand in hand.

I have never seen someone have to give their accreditation everytime they are wrong. Wrong is wrong, open your mind and just accept that car audio is not your expertise as you once stated. Learn, listen with the intent to understand and not with the intent to respond. Nobody is attacking you either so get off your high horse. I wouldnt be doing installs if I were you until I learned more but its not my cars you are working on.

Funny, you have only seen one Install, just threw in a car in 10 minutes, so how is that many? And like I said before, I just sold my old ford and bought a new one. Some of us work for a living and don't have 7 years, and 7k to do every install, especially the one's we barely ever listen to, as in my wife's avenger. And as far as the Amps having that much delay, I don't see it, and I'm sure as long as the subs where in the exact same boxes, tuned the exact same way, it would yield a slightly better db, at least audibly anyways. He could always slide one box a little closer if it was slower to respond if that's possible.And like I said, I done the same thing years ago, and gained 2db, yes it sounded like poo, but who cares when all your trying to do is get louder for free. I have seen m5 tell people with $300 dollar systems, they needed $1000's in equipment to test with, not everybody is that worried about perfection, some just want to be as loud as possible as cheap as possible, now of course that's not everyone here, some do have the funds to do it right, but I'm assuming anyone trying to use used amps, and $100 soundqubed subs, isn't worried as much about perfect response, as much as they just want more output. Have you guys never ran 2 similar amps of different brands just for break in before cause I have and was suprised at the results. For a temporary setup until the man could afford a better bigger amp or matching amps it would be fine. Ow, and it's a online forum, if you don't like someone's opinion, that's fine,:crap: but why the hostility and name calling, that serves no one. 

Edited by Billy Jack

Jcarter you got some stones talking about installs with that Saturn and accura install on your profile. :roflmao:

2 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

Jcarter you got some stones talking about installs with that Saturn and accura install on your profile. :roflmao:

My 6 year old thread looks better then your current one and I didnt use bass boost, hahahahaha. But im glad u struck a nerve and you got in your feelings about it. You got too much sand in your vag. 

1 hour ago, jcarter1885 said:

My 6 year old thread looks better then your current one and I didnt use bass boost, hahahahaha. But im glad u struck a nerve and you got in your feelings about it. You got too much sand in your vag. 

No sand here bro! Just thinks it's funny you haven't even seen a install I have done (the avenger wasn't a install) and still act like you know anything about what my actual time consuming installs do look like. And I will say one thing I don't destroy a car to install a house stereo in it the way you guys do. Some nice kick panels, or some custom boxes, with amp racks hiding all the wires, and some decent highs, mids, made for a car are just fine by me. These days even off axis in the stock locations can sound damn good. I know you guys like to be hipsters and use raw drivers and run active but it's to damn much trouble you spend more time trying to get it right then you do actually enjoying the music. If that's what you like that's fine but don't hate on me because I take the easy way. 

Guys i didnt mean to get any trouble going, makes since to use same amps for subs.. Ill just do whats right and redo my stereo and match it up. Folks i cant describe how much i appreciate each and everyone of you on helping me here

13 minutes ago, ftj_85 said:

Guys i didnt mean to get any trouble going, makes since to use same amps for subs.. Ill just do whats right and redo my stereo and match it up. Folks i cant describe how much i appreciate each and everyone of you on helping me here

You didn't start a thing man, it's just some of us have different opinions then others, that's all. There old school, they believe in running active, and using raw drivers, and I believe that's almost a thing of the past, as its so hard and pains staking to get it right and maintain. And their right, what I said about mixing up the amps isn't ideal, but I was thinking since you where buying used amp you probably didn't want to invest hundreds, or thousands, in new equipment. If you have the cash, that would definetly be the way to go. And if you want a whole lot more output, try the Soundqubed HDC3,'s those on 1500-2000 watts can get extremely loud in a ported box. My nephew has one 12, and I was impressed with its output, not the best sound, but plenty of wind coming off it.

Edited by Billy Jack

Actually BJ you are functionally illiterate which is killing us here.  You keep stating what you think you read, but you didn't.  I never recommend $1000 worth of gear for testing, I recommended they don't buy cheap pieces of shit that do nothing.  Of course you spin things how you think they are which is why you are so confused about everything.  You have seriously been the single most wrongly informed person I have ever seen post on an audio site.  You need to stop trying to help others as it is a monstrous fail and instead help yourself.  Take off your blinders and stop being a complete dipshit.

If not and you keep hijacking threads with nonsense the mod team will just ban you.  Lord knows they have all basically said that is what they want.