ohio45113

New system advice.

Ok guys,  I've been on here before and wasn't very helpful.  Earned myself a - 70 something rep.  Let's change all that and start fresh.  I'm gonna do a big ass build in a 02 f250 ext cab.  I'm not completely new to car audio but I'm far from pro.  Ok, so my goals is to get very very low. I'm looking to do hair tricks and what not. I don't want it to be a one note wonder.  I want to be able to play normal music.  Meaning not bass boosted or anything but i need to be able to clearly hear the words.  Willing to do custom doors and boxes and all that.  Gear i can reuse is as follows.  Soundqubed comp set,Sundown 50.4, Crescendo bc5500 and a pioneer 80prs. Really what advice im looking for is mids and highs. I'm not a huge fan of these qubes mids.  Also, advise on type of box/wall/blowthrough.  I really would like to stick with 12 inch woofers just because i absolutely love a loud ass 12 system.  I would also like to hear people's opinions on subwoofers that excel in this situation.  Thanks in advanced for any help. 

Ill help you out man. Got a shop now.  Its only a few miles down from your work

2 18 inch evils on that 5500 should do some decent hair tricks. And I haven't tried the evil mids, but everybody on here seems to like them pretty good, Arron did say they where not a dedicated home, or car mid, they where just his take on a good speaker. And you should let what air space you can get, determine what size subs you use. You want as much cone area as possible, and use the biggest woofers possible. Are you looking to do a wall, or do you want to keep the back seat in the truck? 

Edited by Billy Jack

This is why nobody respects your opinions. He knows what he wants and wouod like to stick to 12"s. But the first thing you advise him to do is run 18"s.

:suicide-santa:

OP what is your budget on subs? Wall or blowthrough might help you achieve your goals.

4 hours ago, jcarter1885 said:

This is why nobody respects your opinions. He knows what he wants and wouod like to stick to 12"s. But the first thing you advise him to do is run 18"s.

:suicide-santa:

OP what is your budget on subs? Wall or blowthrough might help you achieve your goals.

I suggested the biggest subs possible, because I believe he thinks the size of the sub deter mains how low it's gonna hit, or how it's gonna sound, which it doesn't, it's all in how it's tuned. A 18 can hit higher then a 12 in the right box, and a 12 can hit lower then a 18 in the right box. That and it's gonna be real hard to do hair tricks with 2 12's. I have seen it done but not on 5k watts. And it was just an opinion, take it or leave it, if he likes. And this is why no one respects you j, cause you feel only your opinion matters, and your used to noobs taking what you say as fact. This is a open forum for enthusiast, if you don't like someone's opinion why not just read on and ignore it.

Edited by Billy Jack

Yeah, but Billyjack, you're the forum's resident dumbass.

You did this in my thread too, either post relevant to OP or eat a bag of dicks.

OP, what's the budget?

Edited by SpeakerBoy

16 minutes ago, SpeakerBoy said:

Yeah, but Billyjack, you're the forum's resident dumbass.

You did this in my thread too, either post relevant to OP or eat a bag of dicks.

OP, what's the budget?

Dude said hair tricks so it was relevant. You guys are just pissed cause I have my own opinion and want suck your arseho the way these young noobs do.

And to do a decent hair trick, and be musical at the same time, your gonna need to do at least a 150db+. That's really hard to do on a couple of twelves, now if you don't care to build a wall, and run like 4 zcon, or evil 12's, then you could do it, but if you want to keep your back seat, and just run 2 12's, it's gonna be hard to stay musical, and reach high enough db's to do decent hair tricks. 

Edited by Billy Jack

Don't feed the troll, he is HUNGRY.

OP, space first....then the rest.

20 minutes ago, Randal Johnson said:

Ohio's first post never specified the number of 12s that would be used. You assume a pair. Why ??

4 12s in a wall tuned around 40 would hair trick easily on adequate power.

I said 4 would do a hair trick if he didn't care to do a wall, and I was thinking about a normal install in a truck like his which without a huge wall will fit 2-3 12's, and some people still think the size of the sub determines  how low, or high, it will play, that's what it sounded like to me, so I suggested as much cone area as he can get. And I'm not a troll. Just because I don't kiss your !ss, or agree with everything you say, doesn't make me a troll.

Edited by Billy Jack

I don't want you any where near my ass bro. Besides, I've done nothing to you.

Ohio needs to chime back in and tell us how much space he is willing to give up.

6 minutes ago, Randal Johnson said:

I don't want you any where near my ass bro. Besides, I've done nothing to you.

Wasn't talking about you, your question was valid.

I was just agreeing with frog, he said Evils, so I agreed and added I have seen 2 18's do really good hair tricks, I wasn't nessesarily saying he has to have 18's to do what he wants. But I will say, I always tried to use as few drivers as possible, and get as much cone area as possible. I used to think like Ohio that different subs would yield different sound, then I learned it's 90% tuning.  

Actually, it's the motor force that makes thing happen. Not necessarily cone area. That's been proven many times.

All depends on application.

Edited by Randal Johnson
Stupid phone

6 minutes ago, Randal Johnson said:

Actually, it's the motor force that makes thing happen. Not necessarily cone area. That's been proven many times.

Yes motor force is the biggest factor, but cone area does matter to, or everyone would just be running 8's. Helps to have as much of both as possible.

1 hour ago, Billy Jack said:

I was agreeing with frog, he said Evils, so I agreed and added I have seen 2 18's do really good hair tricks, I wasn't nessesarily saying he has to have 18's to do what he wants. But I will say, I always tried to use as few drivers as possible, and get as much cone area as possible. I used to think like Ohio that different subs would yield different sound, then I learned it's 90% tuning.  

He Dont think the size determines the frequency .  He just likes 12s . .   Like having something crazy loud and saying thats only 12s

4 minutes ago, frogcase2002 said:

He Dont think the size determines the frequency .  He just likes 12s . .   Like having something crazy loud and saying thats only 12s

This....

@jcarter1885 Budget is 4k

@///M5 and @Randal Johnson willing to use the whole cab/truck bed.  Will do some measurements and post. 

Thanks for help

$4k and a good 6th order blow through would be plenty to do hair tricks. Nice bed full of Evils would do the trick.

Maybe like 6 gcons in a blowthrough

7 minutes ago, frogcase2002 said:

Maybe like 6 gcons in a blowthrough

He said he already had a 5500 watt amp, a amp for highs, mids, CD player that's fully active capable, so $2000 for 4 evil 12's, then maybe another $1k for another amp, and that would leave a thousand for highs, mids, box, and a couple of more batts, assuming he already had a ho alt, and a couple of batts from his other install. And this is only if he is doing all the work hisself of course.  Just a thought. 

8 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

He said he already had a 5500 watt amp, a amp for highs, mids, CD player that's fully active capable, so $2000 for 4 evil 12's, then maybe another $1k for another amp, and that would leave a thousand for highs, mids, box, and a couple of more batts, assuming he already had a ho alt, and a couple of batts from his other install. And this is only if he is doing all the work hisself of course.  Just a thought. 

$4k was budget for subs only.  Other gear i listed was stuff i already have that i could use. Doesn't necessarily mean that I have to.