frogcase2002

05 sable 2 zcon 18s on 10k in b-pillar walll

Going to try and get some videos today. Hard to find a place where I can play this loud in one spot lol . . Hope videos even look good. Im really surprised how solid the car is. It dont flex like you see vehicles on youtube doin (which I like) . Maybe I can try a hair trick or floatin stuff in the window

Well stock alt finally went out lol I was waitin for it . Its only be charging in the high 12s for a while now. Luckily I was close to the shop when it did and made it back  going to try to make this ohio gen that I have work today

This is stock next to the ohio gen

1509904018328.jpg

Thinking ill just have to use mass washers or some kind of spacer to fill in where the stck alt would have went over to . . If you can tell what I mean from the pic

1509904132957.jpg

And on the othe side will just have to space here to make them the same size

1509904727332.jpg

Then I got to worry about the plug

That's how I was planning to use my buddy's as my second on the jeep from his durango. Only reason I havnt messed with it yet is not sure if the stock wiring can handle both at once. Or if I need to regulate one just for the system with one of the transpo boxes. I don't use ac, so all I need to do is fab up a bracket to mount the second where the a.c. pump is and run a smaller belt.

Got the alt to fit perfect but couldnt figure out the wiring . . Going to have to call ohio gen tomorrow and see what wires are on this plug

Actually got it to work

1510008970248.jpg

1510009003689.jpg

Havnt left the shop yet . Set it to 14.9 so ill check how it holds in a few once I leave

Havnt seen this high in a long time lol.  Its nice

1510017012015.jpg

Didnt see under like 13.8 on the way home going full tilt . . But the amp is really far down from just having the stock alt on before . . Ill do some testing tomorrow . Turn up some shit lol

Turned the gain up . Forsure can tell a difference. And still took like almost a whole song to even see 13.9 . Holding voltage like crazy . .But dont know how much power im really putting to the zcons though

Sucks right when I got the sub part of  the build done all the audio show are done for the year around me lol . Guess it gives me time to get everything perfect

Looks real good! What gauge/how many runs wire are you using from the alt to the trunk? I'm picking up a 240 amp alt shortly for the taramps 8k and I have no idea if i need more than 1 run of 1/0 ofc...etc

4 hours ago, mikebingham34 said:

Looks real good! What gauge/how many runs wire are you using from the alt to the trunk? I'm picking up a 240 amp alt shortly for the taramps 8k and I have no idea if i need more than 1 run of 1/0 ofc...etc

I got 2 runs of 4/0 power. Probley over kill but I always like to leave room to upgrade. But runnin that much power I would at least have 1 run of 4/0 or 2 runs of 1/0

Man need tweeters bad . These 3 dollar one are not cuttin it lol. Just cant put much power to them and the mids are drowning them out

Has anyone had a problem with the bass turning the volume knob on your head unit? Need to figure something out. Made my tweeters pop a couple times yesterday cause my volume went from 30 to 34 

151.5 or over from 25hz to 55hz

And never seen below 13.2 while I was metering