frogcase2002

05 sable 2 zcon 18s on 10k in b-pillar walll

Yea I bet. Looking great. Just giving me more ideas. Defiantly tuned in

If I can fit 3 I got to do it lol .  I know I can fit them as in the cubic feet they need but just going to have to see if the 3 subs and port will fit on the face of the wall. Really going to try

Alright I think I settled on just the 2 18s . Did some measuring today and wont be able to get the port area I would need for 3

Anyone know how I can raise the rear of my car. It has rear struts . Going to have like 1000 lbs + in the sable

Looks like fun! Have you considered using birch ply and white pine framing to cut down on weight?

Suspension wise, there are several types of ways that you can lift or stiffen the rear suspension. What you will really need to be careful of is justifying the mechanical limits of the chassis and/or axle & suspension parts like brackets or hardware when making the choice.

Was going to use birch but I have like 4 sheets of mdf sittin around . .Think ill use birch on the face of the wall since it will be 4 or so layers . Going to try to keep everything extra in the car no more than 1000lbs

8 hours ago, frogcase2002 said:

Was going to use birch but I have like 4 sheets of mdf sittin around . .Think ill use birch on the face of the wall since it will be 4 or so layers . Going to try to keep everything extra in the car no more than 1000lbs

Lol. If my new enclosure was mdf it would weigh twice what it does now. But that's how we built my old box. Half mdf half birch. If ya got it use it!

Cool football grill

Lol . I just got that . Havnt used it yet though

Just picked up 4 sheets of birch . Should get to some building tomorrow :)

Who thinks I should upgrade my big 3 to 4/0 since im running 4/0 now ? . . Seems like it really wont make a difference since its only a couple feet of 1/0 . . .  Im running 2 4/0 positive runs from front to back and only have 1 run of 1/0 for my big 3

Edited by frogcase2002

10 hours ago, frogcase2002 said:

Who thinks I should upgrade my big 3 to 4/0 since im running 4/0 now ? . . Seems like it really wont make a difference since its only a couple feet of 1/0 . . .  Im running 2 4/0 positive runs from front to back and only have 1 run of 1/0 for my big 3

I would just to not create a choke point. I've got 2 runs of 2/0 and a double 2/0 big 3. And 1 2/0 ground front to back tho I may change that to another run of power.

Hard to get good pics of a wall inside the car lol

1507414342800.jpg

Well found some air bags that go on where your spring on the strut goes. .Mite try them to keep the rear end up

22 hours ago, frogcase2002 said:

Unless your alternator is rated at 300 amps AND the big3 wires are more then 4 feet, there is no need to upgrade. A 4ga wire can hold 250 amps at 4 feet, just to give you some perspective. 

The build is loOking good btw!

59 minutes ago, frogcase2002 said:

Well found some air bags that go on where your spring on the strut goes. .Mite try them to keep the rear end up

They make an adjustable upper control arm for most vehicles, that you can use to raise it back up if you need a more cost effective approach.

24 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

Unless your alternator is rated at 300 amps AND the big3 wires are more then 4 feet, there is no need to upgrade. A 4ga wire can hold 250 amps at 4 feet, just to give you some perspective. 

The build is loOking good btw!

Yea thats what I figured . . 

Thanks man . Hope to have It playing this month

25 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

They make an adjustable upper control arm for most vehicles, that you can use to raise it back up if you need a more cost effective approach.

About to check that out

Looking at about 14.8 cubes and 235 sq in of port . Will be tuned about 33

Dont think there going to fit in my hydraulic crimper