Aaron Clinton

Forum rep system

LOL, hooray for hippy parents!!

The rep system is what it is and such things can always be abused in some shape or form occasionally. I don't think there's any need to change it as it's not going to change the situations when conflict of some kind arises between members. 

While the forum isn't as busy as it used to be (I blame Facebook and other social media) everyone who's active here has a great passion for the hobby. That passion and (let's face it) a little bit of ego can make for a fiery combination.  However if the name calling and such is left out of it with only facts leading it can turn into some fantastic discussion and debate. 

In all honesty Billy the ban hammer here mostly collects dust. The only thing it's ever used on is the spam bots. I've been a member for several years and can only remember one instance it was used on an actual member and it was definitely needed. There really wasn't any other choice. 

As for the comments about Mark and Steve, he doesn't have to agree with him to be friends with him. I would even venture to guess that they were friends or at least acquaintances before Steve got so popular and full of himself. 

Thats just my .02 for what it's worth. 

4 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

I was nothing but respectful to you when I first came here, and the very first time I didn't agree with you, you began the name calling. I said I liked rear fill, and running passive, and didn't care about proper staging, and you lost your mind and said, ow don't get butt hurt, and do as we say. So no you want show anyone any respect, unless they kiss your ass, and blindly agree with everything you say. And old Tony is doing pretty good for somebody who doesn't know anything. I don't get you guys, you say Steve Meade, and Tony, are cheats and liars, but yet I see vids of Mark on YouTube who owns SSA, visiting Steve and giving him a demo, at his personal garage. You guys even post their dyno results on the forum, so obviously I'm missing something, or you just hate everyone, and everything, except cheap house speakers that are hard to ever get right in a car, you seem to like that.

Lost my mind, lol.  Saying to not get butt hurt is not calling you names.

This is.  You are obviously a moron.  

Get the difference?

You keep saying I called you names, thought I should for once.  Although if you get the difference perhaps you aren't a moron.

You are also missing history.  Steve, Quentin etc used to be civil and portrayed themselves as being decent human beings.  Then they both got into business and proved that while they have a passion for the hobby, their passion to rip people off and chase the almighty dollar was much stronger.  Tony may be misled by Steve, but is sure drinking the kool aid.  His hobbiest nonsense products don't actually work or do shit, they are uber easy to design, and have one sole purpose which is separating noobs from their money.

I removed them for you.  Just have to click on the + sign in the upper left hand corner and hit delete

57 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

You keep saying I called you names, thought I should for once.  Although if you get the difference perhaps you aren't a moron.

You are also missing history.  Steve, Quentin etc used to be civil and portrayed themselves as being decent human beings.  Then they both got into business and proved that while they have a passion for the hobby, their passion to rip people off and chase the almighty dollar was much stronger.  Tony may be misled by Steve, but is sure drinking the kool aid.  His hobbiest nonsense products don't actually work or do shit, they are uber easy to design, and have one sole purpose which is separating noobs from their money.

So why am I seeing Mark hanging with them and also why do you guys post the dyno results on the forrum if it's bullshit. And 90% of the dyno's I have seen done where right on with what the manufacturer  claimed, at least the good company's, not the cheap shit we know their lying. So does that mean every good company out there is lying? 

37 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

So why am I seeing Mark hanging with them and also why do you guys post the dyno results on the forrum if it's bullshit. And 90% of the dyno's I have seen done where right on with what the manufacturer  claimed, at least the good company's, not the cheap shit we know their lying. So does that mean every good company out there is lying? 

Why are you trolling ??? What difference does it make ??? If you hate what people do here, why are you still here ???

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

I removed them for you.  Just have to click on the + sign in the upper left hand corner and hit delete

I was trying, but kept getting an error. I must suck -1 for me.

Yep, I thought I was doing what Sean said, but wouldn't work. 

I will just blame it on my stupid phone as usual. LOL thanks guys

3 minutes ago, Randal Johnson said:

Why are you trolling ??? What difference does it make ??? If you hate what people do here, why are you still here ???

I'm not trolling. M5 says the dyno's don't work but yet SSA post there results on the forum, just seems a little strange to me. And I have no problem with anyone here except M5 and his 2-3 ass kissers. The rest of us get along fine until one of you guys come along and start bossing everybody around like you own the Internet. Like I said before if you can't stand people not agreeing with you guys just shut it all down and block everyone problem solved, but don't expect me to set back and just take your lip.

Ok, to start with, my name is White Lightning on SMD. I post there ALOT too. So you can easily tell that I'm friends on both forums.

With that said, my biggest thing with dyno test is that they are not real world application. All vehicle setups are different. So no, I don't care for dyno test either. However, I do not complain about them. They are a fun bench test none the less. You can guarantee that results will be different In a vehicle application.

Def. not worth trolling over. Just Saying 

Super simple.  Metrology 101.  A measurement is only valid to within some uncertainty.  Publishing said uncertainty is a prerequisite to the validity of any measurement and they don't do it.  If they did, everyone would laugh which is why they don't.

50 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

M5 says the dyno's don't work but yet SSA post there results on the forum, just seems a little strange to me. 

Where?  Every post I have seen on one I have called out.  Obviously I missed one.

1 hour ago, Billy Jack said:

I'm not trolling. M5 says the dyno's don't work but yet SSA post there results on the forum, just seems a little strange to me. And I have no problem with anyone here except M5 and his 2-3 ass kissers. The rest of us get along fine until one of you guys come along and start bossing everybody around like you own the Internet. Like I said before if you can't stand people not agreeing with you guys just shut it all down and block everyone problem solved, but don't expect me to set back and just take your lip.

Where do they post dyno results on here?

56 minutes ago, frogcase2002 said:

Seen one on synergy, Incriminator, and sundown amps. 

Edited by Billy Jack

brainiac

22 minutes ago, SpeakerBoy said:

Stop contaminating this site. I'm the resident loon and you make me look like a braniac. 

+1

I usually do not involve myself in these threads but.....  Billy Jack.. go back and read some of your threads and posts.... 

seriously dude.....   hertz vs frequency ????  .. LOL

my autistic son could draw a diagram and explain it to you in detail

if your going to Forest Gump yourself here you will have to expect the flack that comes with it.... and take it dry

3 hours ago, SpeakerBoy said:

Billyjack, when you post false information on this forum which I consider my home on the Internet, you risk misinforming newbies and pucking up their whole learning process. Since you can't comprehend the concept of being wrong, you don't stand to learn anything. People come here to learn and progress. You come here  to try and prove yourself right. Go do your buddies installs and convince them that shitshow is top notch. Stop pucking up our forum with your backasswards halfcocked shit. Learn or fuck off. Stop contaminating this site. I'm the resident loon and you make me look like a braniac. 

And what false information would that be? And I knew it wouldn't be long before the M5 ass kissers jumped in here to tell me what to do on their internet. 

4 hours ago, frogcase2002 said:

They same place you made a comment on don't play dumb. Your comment on incriminator's amp test Tuesday says "I need 2 of your 80.1's to strap" but you have no idea they posted it huh. 

6 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Super simple.  Metrology 101.  A measurement is only valid to within some uncertainty.  Publishing said uncertainty is a prerequisite to the validity of any measurement and they don't do it.  If they did, everyone would laugh which is why they don't.

Really, your gonna directly quote Heisenbergs uncertainty principal, and play it off like an original thought. Stereo guy you might be, physicist your not. That shit might work on some of your blind followers, but not on a fellow educated man. Now you want to actually have an original thought and not just quote others to try and sound smarter then you are.

7 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Where?  Every post I have seen on one I have called out.  Obviously I missed one.

Ow and I actually agree with you on the dyno, best I can tell all it does is show a made up what if max wattage number they get for .20 milliseconds. Just can't figure out why they would be allowed to be posted up on SSA as if they're facts. That's my question.