FiAudioSubwoofersjj

Luxury Cars Installs

How to install external 4-channel amp and mono block amps into Mercedes Benz cla300 2016 with Harman kardon factory upgrade.. Keeping factory head unit console and steering wheel controls?

All you need is a clean sweep factory integration and you can run a entire system off your factory head unit but still have proper after market sound. And many different company's make them audio control, fosgate, and many more. 

Edited by Billy Jack

On September 22, 2016 at 10:52 PM, Billy Jack said:

All you need is a clean sweep factory integration and you can run a entire system off your factory head unit but still have proper after market sound. And many different company's make them audio control, fosgate, and many more. 

Is there any other companies that make the clean sweep intergration interface or just jl?

47 minutes ago, FiAudioSubwoofersjj said:

Is there any other companies that make the clean sweep intergration interface or just jl?

I said in the comment Rockford Fosgate, and Audio control made them to. And I'm sure some others do to. I would imagine alpine might make one they do a lot of head units and replacing factory GPS's and stuff. Definetly don't have to go JL to keep you factory head unit it's just the first one that came to mind. 

51 minutes ago, FiAudioSubwoofersjj said:

Is the clean sweep just a line output converter?

No they allow you to Adjust the sound to your liking. I know the Fosgate 360.3 allows you to hook it up to your lab top to fully customize your sound. They have 8 rca's inputs or 8 speaker wire inputs for factory head units. Pac sells factory wiring kits to add amplifiers if you wanted to bypass the processing and just add amplifiers definetly cheaper that way.

The audio control has speaker level inputs you run wires from you head unit to the unit then it delivers a signal to your amps. 

15 hours ago, FiAudioSubwoofersjj said:

https://www.pacificstereo.com/garage/2007-mercedes-benz-s550-custom-alarm-amplifier-and-subwoofer-system.html I found this but not a lot of info on installation ... So were do u get the output from the factory receiver to connect to the interface? 

Find your vehicle's owner manual (or go online) and find out where your vehicle's connection point is where it plugs into the factory amplifier. Most times when you buy something like this, let them know what vehicle you are working with and they can get you a wiring diagram.

Well, this is what I would do in this case. Good luck, hope this helps.

1 hour ago, Randal Johnson said:

Find your vehicle's owner manual (or go online) and find out where your vehicle's connection point is where it plugs into the factory amplifier. Most times when you buy something like this, let them know what vehicle you are working with and they can get you a wiring diagram.

Well, this is what I would do in this case. Good luck, hope this helps.

Thanks ... I heard that the Mercedes runs through Fiber optics.. Will this be still able to work with?

Not sure bro, don't work on enough to know at this point. May can call and talk to someone at like Audio Control or someone similar and hopefully find a "plug and play" setup to fit your needs.

Is the method of using a high quality Line output converter/processor to add in aftermarket systems used by professionals in high end luxury cars?

You first need to figure out what exactly you have.  There are plenty of cars that transfer things over a bus, but there are also ones that truly have an analog output and that you can just tap into it with any processor.

I am not a fan of any of the reverse the factory processing units on the market.  The exception of course could be if you know exactly what you have for a signal in which case it can be fine.  The way cars are scrambling everything now though, no matter the processing the weak link will still be the original source.

What is the difference between the 2 channel AC and the 4 channel AC? Isn't there only a left and the right , meaning the left front and left rear get the same left channel signal, and the right front and right rear get the same right channel signal ?  Or is there a difference in signals given from the front and the rear?