Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Clinton

Camino 1.0.2 is out!

I was never really impressed with it. It's a nice browser, but like most Mac applications it's just been dummied down too much for my tastes.

Opera > All. =)

I would like to test it heads up against safari

but I do prefer opera since FF leaks memory like crazy and crashes every other time I use it, and I don't trust IE, except I have to use it at work.

Safari was a lot like Firefox from what I could tell. Just, Mac like. I think Camino is to Safari what the Mozilla Suite is to Firefox. Either way, Mac users need a good browser.

Honestly, I wish I could find ports of Konqueror. THAT'S a browser.

I use safari, i dont know about the new opera but the old one was definetly slower than safari.

I've tried them all, Shiira, Camino, Firefox, OmniWeb, you name it....

Honestly, for meeting my browsing needs, Safari does everything I need and just a bit more.

In my extensive comparisons between all - Safari remains the easiest to use, fastest, and has the best UI. No, it isn't the most flexible, or feature-rich but none of the other browsers offer as near as much integration with the OS. As they say, someimes less is more.

Safari was a lot like Firefox from what I could tell. Just, Mac like. I think Camino is to Safari what the Mozilla Suite is to Firefox. Either way, Mac users need a good browser.

Honestly, I wish I could find ports of Konqueror. THAT'S a browser.

They are really not that similar at all. I think you are just used to a good user interface - which both of those browsers have.

Well, it seems just about every browser (sans IE) has a solid, clean, and ingenius interface in some way or another. In fact, it could be the fact that Safari is on a Mac. I don't have much faith in Macs after seeing brand new ones fail over and over in my graphic design class in college.

Well, it seems just about every browser (sans IE) has a solid, clean, and ingenius interface in some way or another. In fact, it could be the fact that Safari is on a Mac. I don't have much faith in Macs after seeing brand new ones fail over and over in my graphic design class in college.

ours here on base have been fine, the only issues were with power levels,

parts of our building does not have enough current to support as many computers as we have running