DUNEJUNKEE

New here

Welcome, do you have any pictures of the install? How do you like them?

Welcome to the forum!!

I'm sure you're loving your Evil mids, they're pretty darn awesome for sure!

:WELCOME:

Thanks guys. I have been learning alot reading on this forum and a couple of others. This is my first install I have done in the last twenty years or so.  The evils have a very nice as smooth midrange. I was hoping for a little more bass but in the kick panels just isn't happening.  In the future I'm going to do some door panel with 2 pair of the evils and focal polyglass 6.5. My pictures are to big i will post some later.

Here's a few pictures of what we have now. The tweeter pods are my first attempt at fiberglass for car audio.

2016-09-24 20.06.32.jpg

2016-09-24 20.05.57.jpg

2016-09-24 20.05.15.jpg

2016-09-24 20.04.47.jpg

11 hours ago, DUNEJUNKEE said:

Thanks guys. I have been learning alot reading on this forum and a couple of others. This is my first install I have done in the last twenty years or so.  The evils have a very nice as smooth midrange. I was hoping for a little more bass but in the kick panels just isn't happening.  In the future I'm going to do some door panel with 2 pair of the evils and focal polyglass 6.5. My pictures are to big i will post some later.

:WELCOME:

No need to have two different drivers the same size playing with one another. Just add another evil if you feel neccesaary but dont mix drivers.

Welcome to the forum 

Sick ride !!! Diggin the color !!! What year model ???

Is that a 4/6 drop or air ride ?? Or both ???

In my 97 (when I had the 6.5" drivers in the kicks) we vented to the outside of the vehicle. Much improvement, but could have been better. So we moved them to the factory location In the doors with baffles and ALOT of sound treatment. MAJOR improvement.

No on my 94 Chevy I have now, the 8" midbass drivers will def. be in the doors like the 6.5" drivers were in the 97. In case you are wondering, I prefer the 94 model dash over the 97 is one of the main reasons I sought out a 94 model truck for my next project. 

Edited by Randal Johnson

It's a 1996. 4/6 djm drop no air at this time.  I know the system will go through several changes. Planing on doing fiberglass door panels and at some point and doing subs in the bed. Maybe doing a boot between the bed and cab. Its my son's pickup but he is down with car audio. Its always been like a drug to me so this has been a lot of fun to do.

2016-09-25 13.34.05.jpg