SpeakerBoy

I'm unbearably excited for an Xcon

I'm dying to order an Xcon 18 but my Mountaineer keeps begging for attention, differential, power steering, trans fluid needs to be flushed, egr is sheared, the list goes on >:[ 

I understand the subjective nature of the question, but I've never owned SQ oriented woofers before, except for my IDQ15's that is. Is that the same clean clear effortless bass I can look forward to with an Xcon, but with more oomph behind it? I love the ID's but they don't get loud at all. Exceptional for HT use though =] 

I've wanted an SSA woofer since the original blue cap icon, and by god the wait is killing me this year! 

Daydreaming helps the time pass. I'm not sure if I think about anything more than my next audio adventure. 

I wonder if I could get an original Icon cap on my xcon o.o

The xcon is  amazing. Iv done a couple installs with xcons.  Definitely wouldnt be disappointed.  but I would forsure worry about your vehicle first. No point In Having an xcon if your vehicle brakes down

You know how I am with audio equipment I Really want. I buy it !!!

I say go for it, it will get installed and used in due time. Work towards your goals my brother !!!

For what they cost, the price difference isn't a concern; what do you think would suit me better based off my threads, a pair of 18's sealed or a single ported low? I am -extremely- fond of 15-35hz. Something about watching the truck flap. 

I'm thinking surface area is what I need to chase lower, not necessarily more power.

Edited by SpeakerBoy

Nothing special about the IDQ.  You'll love the Xcon.

If you buy two, why not port the pair?

I joined in 2012 but didn't get an XCON until this year... and couldn't be happier.  It really was worth the wait for me.  If you're struggling financially get one 18" and worry about getting another later.  When you get a second (and you know you will :) ) you can sell your enclosure to help recoup some of the money spent on the new box.  Just be careful when selecting the impedance of the first sub you buy, you don't want to be running 4 ohm or .5 ohm daily...

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Nothing special about the IDQ.  You'll love the Xcon.

If you buy two, why not port the pair?

I guess I don't have much faith in my own woodworking skills yet. To fit a pair I'd have to form it over the wheelwells in order to keep enough space for batteries (I usually build the large optimal enclosure for things and tune on the low end so I can skimp on initial power). I go overkill for electrical, I mean, since I have three batteries and a 200a alt for only 2k total system power I'll probably do eight once I'm up to 5k. I really like being able to drive somewhere isolated and park and play for a while. I'm also considering external aeros.

Port area rule is the same for aeros yes? If I give them full port area with the flares I'm not facing an issue am I? Only curious because I see a lot of people skimp on port by using aeros to reduce noise.

Edited by SpeakerBoy

2 hours ago, S.DeYoung said:

mmmm xcons, you will love them in any alignment

Picture024-2.jpg

Is this your setup, if so how does the zed amp push those xcon's?  

1 hour ago, Billy Jack said:

Is this your setup, if so how does the zed amp push those xcon's?  

Yes, it was my setup. It was just a simple sealed enclosure meant to blend nicely with the front stage. 600W between the pair could get loud though. 

All of the warm fuzzies from the Xcon love!

I had four 15' Xcons in my last install..... you could feel the bass for almost  3 blocks away and they DESTROYED

my Ford Windstar...  those things hit HARD

image.jpeg

:dance::fing05:

Aaron, is there any way I could get an original blue icon cap for my xcon when I order it? Or even separately?

Just now, SpeakerBoy said:

Aaron, is there any way I could get an original blue icon cap for my xcon when I order it? Or even separately?

Sadly, those are all gone, along with the stamper that was used to make the logo on the caps.

Shoot :( 

Who am I kidding, i'm not any less excited though. 
I can almost taste it. Err....ummm.... :lol:

Edited by SpeakerBoy

XCON's are a kick ass sub! I ran 2 18's sealed and loved it.

32 minutes ago, nem said:

XCON's are a kick ass sub! I ran 2 18's sealed and loved it.

Definetly one of the best at having sound quality, and being able to get down when you want, for the money.