Sign in to follow this  
cjj2d

not getting much at low volume...

I have my PG Tantrum 1200.1 on my 15 D2 and I am not getting much movement out of my sub at levels of 20 and lower on my Alpine HU. once I push it past the 20 mark it starts moving, it moves an insane amount at 25. Anyone have any ideas why? maybe my elec system not giving the amp enough power? I do need a yellow top bad, and possibly a new alt. I have the PG 1200.1 which is 1507 watts by the BS and a PPI PC2150 which is 300 watts.

Edited by cjj2d

I don't understand the question... at low volumes the sub isn't getting alot of power, it doesn't move that much. When you turn it up, and it gets more power... it moves alot. That is the normal behavior you should be seeing.

Could you possibly elaborate on the issue?

His system volume isn't gradual, it's abrupt, is what I get from that. At 20 the cone doesn't move then at only 25, it just starts going mad. All the while the sound pressure is low, doesn't sound loud.

Wiring might be out of phase.

Edited by Below 30

I have my PG Tantrum 1200.1 on my 15 D2 and I am not getting much movement out of my sub at levels of 20 and lower on my Alpine HU. once I push it past the 20 mark it starts moving, it moves an insane amount at 25. Anyone have any ideas why? maybe my elec system not giving the amp enough power? I do need a yellow top bad, and possibly a new alt. I have the PG 1200.1 which is 1507 watts by the BS and a PPI PC2150 which is 300 watts.

Just out of curiosity, what model alpine head unit do you have? -Marcus

I have a Alpine 9813. and am running my 15 D2 off of a PG Tantrum 1200.1. The amp has two pos. terminals and two neg terminals. Kinda weird since it is a mono amp. But I have one of the pos hooked to one of the pos on voice coil 1 then one of the neg terminals hooked to the neg of coil 2 then a wire from neg of coil 1 to pos of coil 2. This is correct isn't it. When I had my PPI PC2150 running the D2 it did not have this problem. Now that I put this big amp on it it does.

at levels up to 20 it is almost like there is no sub at all.