elanderjab

Custom Box design: 10" Sound Qubed HDS210 in 1.8 cf @ 34Hz. Comments, critique & advice welcome.

See attached pdf for design & WinISO charts. This is the first time I've attempted this so I'm sure there's plenty wrong - looking to learn!

Powered by a  memphis 16-st1000d pushing 600w rms at 2 ohm.

Box 2 design.pdf

Perhaps a noob question on my part, but I am not so sure anyone is so keenly confident on clicking on links on the internet.  Might be better to attach what you have as a picture in the thread.

looks, good. whats the location of box , power and vehicle gonna be?

You did a fine job sketching that up. Personally I would use more port area, it looks like it would be a bit noisy with that narrow a port. 

Otherwise my primary question is how you came to decide on the enclosure volume. I couldn't see the WinISD "charts" but I would like to hear your thoughts anyway. 

On 10/5/2016 at 4:33 PM, altoncustomtech said:

You did a fine job sketching that up. Personally I would use more port area, it looks like it would be a bit noisy with that narrow a port. 

Otherwise my primary question is how you came to decide on the enclosure volume. I couldn't see the WinISD "charts" but I would like to hear your thoughts anyway. 

Thank you, I read that its better to oversize the volume rather than undersize so I kind of just picked 1.8cuf. From that volume I used WinISD to figure port area for 34Hz. TBH I checked again with the space I have in my pickup and I don't want to use all that space. I'm gonna start a second design tonight that will probably be a partial wedge w/ slotted port. 

On 10/5/2016 at 0:45 AM, ///M5 said:

Perhaps a noob question on my part, but I am not so sure anyone is so keenly confident on clicking on links on the internet.  Might be better to attach what you have as a picture in the thread.

Imgur link here.

On 10/5/2016 at 4:22 PM, bluedreamz said:

looks, good. whats the location of box , power and vehicle gonna be?

Behind passenger seat in 1999 nissan frontier king cab. 600w rms @ 2ohm

19 hours ago, elanderjab said:

Behind passenger seat in 1999 nissan frontier king cab. 600w rms @ 2ohm

yeah, that'll sound great man. enjoy. - i would place the port and box on the oppisite side of you. 

2 hours ago, bluedreamz said:

yeah, that'll sound great man. enjoy. - i would place the port and box on the oppisite side of you. 

Yea in a extended cab truck I like the speaker  facing the floor on the passenger side and the port firing straight up right beside the side window if there is one.

Hey guys, I appreciate all the feedback. I mocked up the box w/ cardboard to see how it'd fit in the cab & thought it was a little too large for the space I have. Decided to go with a wedge box instead. Here's my second design. I would appreciate some more input! I attached a few photos below too.

4.PNG

5.PNG

6.PNG

7.PNG

8.PNG

9.PNG

Your design shows a tapered port, you should rework it so it isn't.  Have to either move it to a different face or start at the narrowest part of the triangle.

The curves also mean nothing when you crop off the axis labels...