Sign in to follow this  
MarAha

My cousin just bought a 12" Resonant Enginering HC

he bought it used off ebay and on the cone it has the logo that says "RE", not the other logo. it pretty much looks just like this: sx12.6.jpg

so i'm THINKING it might be an SX but i'm not sure...is there any way to find out without having to send it in to RE and ask them?

didnt the older Re' subs have the thier logo and not letters?

I had an sexxx and it just had the logo. I think the HC's were the same not sure.

But yea my SX looks like that

It might be a recone though.

he bought it used off ebay and on the cone it has the logo that says "RE", not the other logo. it pretty much looks just like this: sx12.6.jpg

so i'm THINKING it might be an SX but i'm not sure...is there any way to find out without having to send it in to RE and ask them?

The Motor is the best way to tell, like the other guy said it could have been reconed.

HC's had boob cones with the RE logo in them

yea the "HC" my cousin has doesnt have the RE logo and its not a "boob" cone. it looks just like the picture i put in my first post but that picture is an SX

Even if you got an SX, you reveived a superior woofer.

Also, it could have been blown an reconed with an inverted dustcap or even with SX soft parts. :)

Even if you got an SX, you reveived a superior woofer.

thats what i was thinking as reading it. Check the motor and make sure its not a total remake like an SE motor or something.