Well, I got a new car yesterday and I am in the process of making the exhaust more quiet, but I am trying to figure out what I should get system-wise, as I have pretty much been out of the loop for a year or so.

The system is going in a 2002 Trans Am WS.6 (cammed, full exhaust, 12 bolt rear, a few suspension mods, etc.)

HU: I am looking at the Pioneer DEH-P880PRS with the iPod adapter for my iPod. I have always been a fan of Pioneer HUs and this one just looks sweet.

Components: I am torn between getting a set of Focal 165 K2Ps and getting a set of Rainbow Profi-Vandium Kick bass 2 way components. Any other suggestions in the $500-600 range would be considered.

Subs: I really liked my Rl-i 8's, but on some songs the low end was somewhat lacking (they are 8s after all). I was thinking about a sealed or ported 10 or 12 or something that can still get some low end, but not take up more than 1.5-2 cubic feet. Once again, I am up for suggestions.

Amps: My US Amps sounded really great, much better than the orion amps that I had, so I am looking for something that is comparable that I can get a pair of amps (not too high of power) for around $5-600.

Overall, I am looking for a really nice sounding system that fits in the well of the T/A for $1900 or less.

I think you've pretty much got it all settled.

Personally, I love Rainbows so they get my vote over the Focals.

As for the substage, there's just too many drivers out there to suggest one.

Amps, just like subs, such a wide variety.

IMO, your first investment should be a quality alarm with a starter kill function.

What kind of price range are you looking at for the sub? Why not pick up an Rl-i 10 or even 12?

Heck, why not make use of the package deals going on right now...

As well, I would also like to echo Tirefryr's recommendation that the first thing you should invest in is a good alarm system so you don't have a repeat scenario :(

Heck, why not make use of the package deals going on right now...

As well, I would also like to echo Tirefryr's recommendation that the first thing you should invest in is a good alarm system so you don't have a repeat scenario :(

or try to find a garage.

x2 on the package deals.

x3 onthe package deals for substage and amps..

i vote rainbows over focals as well. i wasn't all that impressed with my focals after hearing my sq's.

and x3 on the alarm!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I already purchased an alarm, it should be going on my car in the next week. A viper 791xv.

I'll check out the package deals for the subs and amps.

No TL, not enough space.

Price range on the sub(s) is around $300

if you want I can change your user name,

but why not stick with US Amps, so far that I have seen the Merlins have been a big hit.

Shouldve bought a compustar, they have super crazy range.

Only downside is a rather large antenna that needs to be placed on the windshield

Eff the antenna on the windshield.

Package deal ftw!

Well, I am reconsidering a few things. I am out of the loop so I need some help with some of the newer, great sounding gear.

-I bought the 880prs and it should be coming in soon.

-I am rethinking the whole all out sq thing and I think I would rather have SQ with balls. I want my speakers to have loads of midbass, crystal clear midrange, and crisp but not too sharp tweeters. I also want them to be able to play very loud. I figure since the car has a cam, I better make the stereo be able to block everything out.

-I will probably modify the stock door pods by reangling the mid, sealing them up, and possibly reaiming the tweeter. So the driver will need to be between 6.5" and 8" (if it is an 8" it will have to play high enough to go with its tweeter), like a sealed enclosure, and have a relatively low mounting depth and weight. Price Range: $450ish

-I like the merlin amps, but I may not end up with them as they do not make a 2 channel that does 150x2 at 4 ohms which is what I am looking for (and 300x2 at 4 ohms is too much). I want a very clean sounding amp for my components (preferably 150x2 at 4 ohms) and about 600-1000 watts on my sub(s). I would like to keep both of the amps to around $500-600.

-As far as subs go, I have really been out of the loop. I want a sub/pair of subs that will be able to do a 138-140 in my hatch, fit in a box that is 1.5-2 cubes gross, and play without distortion down to 30 hz. Weight is an issue for this one too. Price range: $350ish

^^^ actually the md22 (there are still some left and on clearance lol) will put out a good 200x2@4 and you can never have enough headroom :D