Sign in to follow this  
Adrian_D

Welcome

Hey Scott, it's Dennis.

I have been in E-mail chats with Scott since last weekend. Very fast with replies and very good customer support.

Because of the customer support, I will definately be ordering some 15" BTL subs. 4 to be exact, for street max 3-4.

Anyways, glad to see Fi here, now I know where to go besides e-mail.

Welcome to SSA gents :D

Howdy and welcome!

shouldbe... www.ficaraudio.com

I was tinkering on the site earlier checking specs, but it was on the backstage and shouldnt have messed with the site being up at all... more updates shortly.

and the link to here? ;)

and the link to here? ;)

Is Fi audio related to RE audio in any way?? I say this becasue they are located in Las Vegas and the owners name is Scott. Scott as in the former RE engineer??

Welcome! Those subs look very good!

Denim... yes and the link to here :) Web designer is in the UK, so it takes some doing to get time together to work on things. Ill probably add it to the front page and contacts section for now. Once the news section goes up, it will be a link there as well.

Asaner85... No relation to RE Audio. But, yes, I was one of the owners and the engineer there.

Asaner85...  No relation to RE Audio.  But, yes, I was one of the owners and the engineer there.

i'm sure it's well known everywhere else, but why are you no longer there?

if this is too touchy, or too personal, feel free not to answer...i'm just curious.

or you could pm me the answer..:lol2:;)

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

same.. im a noob and im sure it was a long time ago and dont feel like searching 4 other forums for answer.

looking foward to getting those specialy soft ib moded q's for my ib project in near future. i was goign with an si mag, but why get 1 mag when u can get 2 fi q's both will run on a 20.1 :-)

Mike

Well, my wife and I are wanting to expand our family. We had plenty of complications the first time and my wife was in the hospital for a little over a month with our first child (he had to stay for a while after that). We were told to expect more of the same... if not worse and that she wouldnt be able to work after the 3rd month. Other companies had given me offers over the years to do consulting and design work, and at that time a home audio companies offer sounded very appealing. It would allow me to work from home 99% of the time (which solved lots of issues if we wanted to have another child). So given all the factors at the time, I we decided it was time to move on.

So, home audio company only worked half as planned... and I had plenty of people asking what I was doing next car audio wise... so I went back to the car audio thing. I had PLENTY of designs worked out over the past few years, so I picked the ones I thought would work well for the money and started Fi. Since that idea of Fi was solidified, I did pick up more consulting work for the home industry and things have gotten more interesting ...

RE was a good run. The guys there are great and the products and premise are solid... just time for something different.

So given the idea of Fi and the flexibility of schedule I will need in the future, I really have two good build facilities... one with the CNC and most manual machines in the warehouse... and the other with a manaua mill and full test and assembly ability in my garage. Cant park squat in there ;) but at least if things go like they did last time, I can be at home and still get plenty of work accomplished michining wise (as that takes up the majority of time with most of the lines being built).

We have also recently started our foster to adopt classes and once finished we will be looking for a child our sons age to adopt as well. My wife works in the field and knows just about everyone in Las Vegas when it comes to foster and adoption agencies... it was only a matter of time before we brought another child into our family :)

Im sure a little more than you might have been asking about... but there really isnt a super simple answer to that either.

Forum discounts... um, probably not. I tried to price things as low as possible and we arent doing sponsorships either (it all adds up and makes you bump up the prices to the regular customers). But, we will be unloading some of the proto subs in the not too distant future. Most are simply bench broken in and then tested for TS params. Pretty much all of them use the same parts, just in different configurations (dual soft, dual stiff, combinations...) or they might have different pole or top plate tolerences as trials.

Ill probably have a dozen of single subs (nothing matches for pairs) to go in 3-4 weeks. Decent discount to those... but thats probably it.

Oh, other than my awful contests Ill run... like I did on the CA forum before we got a home here :) But, Im not doing any "how many nickels does it take to equla the weight of..." contests. That was a PITA to check everyones answer...lol

Ive had a couple people ask about 8s. Aside from the RE8 and the phenomina that surrounded them for a long time... not much going on with 8s. I might do a X series 8 with the same motor and 2" coil... other than that it would take some serious tooling to do a solid 8" sub with great power handling and excursion... and at that, probably not a big seller.

Prototypes means I will have to open my wallet again.

:D

Neil

Prototypes means I will have to open my wallet again.

:D

Neil

:+1:

Oh, other than my awful contests Ill run... like I did on the CA forum before we got a home here :)  But, Im not doing any "how many nickels does it take to equla the weight of..." contests.  That was a PITA to check everyones answer...lol

Sorry about that , I have a tendency to fuel the fire :D:)

Sign in to follow this