Smanleyman

2 10" SSA Xcon build

Cool I like the box. And that port is cool looking to definetly different I have only seen those on factory boxes. 

I like it.

I hope it works for you.

Show/tell us more please ! What car, what else in it ?... How do you like it  ?

Woah, I like this so far.  Great choice on subs!

"There are two things I have never had since I got "serious" into car audio. A 10" sub, or a decent dual sub setup."

I never had a serious 10" before either, so I rectified that this year with a single XCON in a huge ported box.  I LOVE it and I'm sure you'll be really impressed.

you'll love the xcons. you could place them in a tin can and they'd sound good. nice box man! very interesting. 

Cool box and I love the port man, almost wish it was an external port. He'll of a start to a build log :woot:

Thanks everyone for the positive responses. I'm super anxious to get these bad boys running.

It's going in a 2015 Honda Accord coupe. My last setup was a single sundown x8 and a fosgate r1200. Amp blew so I decided to just upgrade everything. X8 is on my bc3500 dmm'd at 1100 watts (before rise) right now while I wait. I've got an xs power d3400 and skyhigh 2/0 power/ground/big 3. 

Ill probably need another batt and maybe alternator, but I'm waiting to see how voltage looks before spending a ton more money.

That box looks very nice : I love the color, and the finish.

But I don't understand the 2 8 Ga wires in a single terminal. 

4 hours ago, Notorious97200 said:

That box looks very nice : I love the color, and the finish.

But I don't understand the 2 8 Ga wires in a single terminal. 

Thanks! There isn't a lot of room to hook up to on the back of my terminal cup. Two dvc subs in parallel, this way each sub only needs two terminals instead of 4.  I guess the colors could be confusing that was a test shot, of course it would be two + in one and two - in the other 

Finally got them! 

First step was to mark my holes and add the inserts. This was my first time ever using them and it was definitely a painful process, but at least I learned along the way.

IMG_0489.JPG

I also kept a cutout in case one ever goes out I'll be able to run a single(with less power of course)

IMG_0481.JPG

1 minute ago, Smanleyman said:

Finally got them! 

First step was to mark my holes and add the inserts. This was my first time ever using them and it was definitely a painful process, but at least I learned along the way.

IMG_0489.JPG

I also kept a cutout in case one ever goes out I'll be able to run a single(with less power of course)

IMG_0481.JPG

I can't upload more files!!!! It looks great all installed too 

1 hour ago, Smanleyman said:

I can't upload more files!!!! It looks great all installed too 

I don't think your gonna need that cutout anytime soon, unless you just beat it to death, with a lot of dirty power. Send it a good signal, and you should be good to go for the life of the vehicle,:nightrider: and then some. 

10 hours ago, Smanleyman said:

I have to drop one more update now that these pups are mostly broken in. They are absolutely phenomenal. Im in love! Flat as a pancake from 30-60, solid midbass rolloff so they blend well, and they can dig down to 25 before losing most of their output. Did I mention the really loud part on ~3k, yeah they do that really well too. I had a few friends throw random demo songs at them and everything sounded crisp,sexy, and loud. Thanks SSA!

Enjoy your system now ! :dancing:

Those subs are very nice, I love them too.

12 hours ago, Smanleyman said:

I have to drop one more update now that these pups are mostly broken in. They are absolutely phenomenal. Im in love! Flat as a pancake from 30-60, solid midbass rolloff so they blend well, and they can dig down to 25 before losing most of their output. Did I mention the really loud part on ~3k, yeah they do that really well too. I had a few friends throw random demo songs at them and everything sounded crisp,sexy, and loud. Thanks SSA!

Thank you for going SSA!!!