Billy Jack

GP audio

Has anyone had any dealings with GP audio store online. Interested in their customer service, and if their a reputable company you can trust. Thinking about buying a 4 Channel for my highs mids, and they got the best price I have found on B2 audio, and also American Bass but the B2 is what I'm interested in. 

how does one get - 175 rep? lol. GP is OK they're customer service is OK. I can't speak for them much but Tyler gets alot of crap online. Specifically because he markets welding cable as "special" custom made cable. 

Talk to Chance Witt.  He will provide some info.

1 hour ago, bluedreamz said:

how does one get - 175 rep? lol. GP is OK they're customer service is OK. I can't speak for them much but Tyler gets alot of crap online. Specifically because he markets welding cable as "special" custom made cable. 

So there no BS Merica wire is really welding wire with GP stuck on it. Maybe they should leave off the "no" and just call it BS wire. 

Edited by Billy Jack

2 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Talk to Chance Witt.  He will provide some info.

I don't know Chance, does he work for GP or something. And I wished you guys (SSA) carried B2, I seen and heard, one of there amps recently, and I was highly impressed with the build quality, and sound it made. I been looking to upgrade my alpine power pack, with a real full size 4 channel, so I'm gonna give B2 a try. 

Edited by Billy Jack

Highly impressed by the sound of an amp?  We are all interested in your A/B setup for this and what you heard.

31 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Highly impressed by the sound of an amp?  We are all interested in your A/B setup for this and what you heard.

:popcorn2:

3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Well it was a entire B2 system in a Lexus. The highs, mids, where crisp, accurate, and loud as hell, but didn't fatigue your ears, The noise floor was nearly inaudible. The bass was extremely loud, and very accurate for 15 inch subs. They where hitting just as hard as my subs, but sounded so much better, and played a wider frequency then mine, but that could just be the box, but I don't think so, and they blended very nice with the mids. The amps looked really well built, had nice connections, and just looked very solid, compared to some of the Korean stuff. They looked nice with the plexi glass tops showing there guts. Now I'm no expert, but I know enough to be able to tell a cheap amp, from a decent amp. And I'm not saying, ow there the greatest, or anything like that, just figured I would give one a try, since I was looking to upgrade my 4 channel anyways. I already know I will hear a difference just from the fact I'm going from 45 watts a channel, to over a 100watts.  I need to build a amp rack, and mount them properly, but it's hard to get time to do anything but work. I'm actually more interested in the amps power, and reliability, more then anything. I know I would never be able to tell one amp for another, if everything was the same but there not, I'm more then doubling my power which will lead to less distortion, and hopefully better overall sound. I was more speaking of the entire B2 system, then any one component. 

Edited by Billy Jack

3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Ow, and have you never heard a cheap amp actually put out sound directly from the board without a sub, or speaker even hooked to it. lol I have, it was one of those old surf board rockwoods, you could actually hear music coming from the amp its self lmao but of course that's not what I meant but it did come to mind. 

So you didn't A/B...what a surprise.

You should once, it will be a monstrous revelation for you.

3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

So you didn't A/B...what a surprise.

You should once, it will be a monstrous revelation for you.

What is A/B? 

18 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

I don't know Chance, does he work for GP or something. And I wished you guys (SSA) carried B2, I seen and heard, one of there amps recently, and I was highly impressed with the build quality, and sound it made. I been looking to upgrade my alpine power pack, with a real full size 4 channel, so I'm gonna give B2 a try. 

I was ready to bring on B2.

Just now, Billy Jack said:

What is A/B? 

Class A/B amplifiers.

B2 has a class G/H I believe.

17 minutes ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Class A/B amplifiers.

B2 has a class G/H I believe.

Yes I'm looking at the Quattro 4 channel, it's a H class amp. And M5 I have ran plenty of AB style amps, my Phoenix gold M100, and M50, where AB style amps, and yes they sounded great. And I want to try something a little different, never had a H class amp, that I know of. See there you go, assuming you know something about me you obviously don't. 

31 minutes ago, Aaron Clinton said:

I was ready to bring on B2.

I like their stuff, and if you look on the iasca and meca site they where big in the comps a couple of years ago them DD, and Alfred is mostly what all the top guys are using for subs. Or at least that's how it reads anyways.

14355657_1183543978371293_861340660307186693_n.jpg

9 minutes ago, Aaron Clinton said:

14355657_1183543978371293_861340660307186693_n.jpg

Sounds like a decent amp to me. Reliable, efficient, not overly complex or expensive, what's not to love.  

Why is this in the Test section?  Did someone delete it?

1 hour ago, Billy Jack said:

What is A/B? 

Blind test.

Amplifier A vs amplifier B.

6 minutes ago, bromo said:

Blind test.

Amplifier A vs amplifier B.

This

30 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

Cause there isn't a section for other audio websites so I put it under off topic and not sure about the 123 thing just hit it I guess to get to the point.

5 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Reading comprehension fail....again

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Reading comprehension fail....again

It's not reading comprehension fail, if you don't even read it, which I didn't. I just hit the button to get on with it. 

How do you pick a section title that is: 

Test 1, 2, 3...

Follow 0

For testing avatar's, pictures, and sig's.

...and not read it?