On 10/26/2016 at 10:54 PM, Kylar96 said:

Yup. And hell a half db, it comes down to 10ths most of the time. Tenths man. At the upper level, everyone is SOOoooo close, its like nothing. A piece of tape, here or there, temperature that day,... silly stuff you have to pay attention to, lol, may get you a ring/win or cost you one. 

Also depends how you meter, or what ORG your in. Sealed up, on the dash, or outlaw, something open, kick stuff, or head rest stuff. All comes into play.  Now, we arent loud. So, i cant help much at all.  Never have been. Our goals are different than just netting DB's.  

That said......

Find and use your vehicle resonance. Efficient.  Big one to me. Use that to a advantage. Get your enclosure to like what the rig likes, and you will gain large. Use it, instead of fight it. If your into that. We always fight it, because we want to play lower than what the rig likes. Been that way in every build we have done. Blazers liked 44ish and peaked at 35,...and the burb likes about the same, 44, 46. But we want to peak well lower.  But, if you can have the rig HELP you, (tunning fork style) instead of hurt you, be more efficient, it helps a ton. 

When it comes to the lil tricks, it will be hella vehicle dependant. Test your nuts off....... :shrugs:

Exactly, test & re-test....

1 minute ago, Jay-C76 said:

Exactly, test & re-test....

Fuck ya bro. If you get in a competitors rig, and look around. You will see some strange shit. Drivers vent closed, and aiming left, or whatever. A small piece of tape, here, and there. Just know, if ITS THERE, its THERE FOR A REASON lol. It would NOT be like that, if it did not produce results. Ive seen some really odd, and silly stuff, but, ... if they are doing it (the hard core) then there IS a reason lol. No doubt. 

On 10/27/2016 at 4:21 AM, Adrian_D said:

I have my doubts that's going to do anything. 

A/C duct work is way under the dash. If by removing it you open up a hole in the firewall, I'm not sure it's allowed, especially in a class where everything should be sealed up. 

IMO all sealed up should be the benchmark. Cracking a window open or opening a door or opening the rear hatch to gain score are useless. 

I remember back in 09/10 finals (can't remember which one), there was a Van in line with something like +/_ 165 db on the line for a world title (I think a world record too since it was sealed with the mic on the dash).Someone called him on this (removing air duct work) because this was Illegal in that particular class. But I know for sure this has been done on extreme vehicles.

Something about when the mic is legal on the dash, there is a way to get air pressure from the kick panel area to and on the dash. Like I said, a sneaky trick to gain those extra DBs !!! Wish I knew more about it.

On 10/28/2016 at 1:45 PM, SpeakerBoy said:

Do you even want to learn anything or do you come here just to talk? Honest question, no sarcasm.

I know ALOT of people that get onto these forums just to chat with their friends and not learn anything. 

3 hours ago, Randal Johnson said:

I remember back in 09/10 finals (can't remember which one), there was a Van in line with something like +/_ 165 db on the line for a world title (I think a world record too since it was sealed with the mic on the dash).Someone called him on this (removing air duct work) because this was Illegal in that particular class. But I know for sure this has been done on extreme vehicles.

Something about when the mic is legal on the dash, there is a way to get air pressure from the kick panel area to and on the dash. Like I said, a sneaky trick to gain those extra DBs !!! Wish I knew more about it.

That makes since. Basically the bottom of the dash would be hollow and the bass waves would roll right up and through the defrost vents.

3 hours ago, Randal Johnson said:

I know ALOT of people that get onto these forums just to chat with their friends and not learn anything. 

And isn't that basically what IHOP is, 2000 pages of just talk? 

1 hour ago, Billy Jack said:

And isn't that basically what IHOP is, 2000 pages of just talk? 

LOL yea. That original thread got so large that it was slowing down the server. Mark had to close the thread and start an new one. just a matter of time before it needs to be done again.

1 hour ago, Randal Johnson said:

LOL yea. That original thread got so large that it was slowing down the server. Mark had to close the thread and start an new one. just a matter of time before it needs to be done again.

And is that the reason they try and run off anybody that they don't know personally, or has a different opinion. Kind of reminds me of when you go to a out of town meet, where you don't know anyone, and you look someone's ride over and try and speak to them about it, and they either ignoreg you, or get all snobby, like their the king of bass, and your $10k dollar system ain't shit. Don't get me wrong everybody ain't like that, I have met some great people competing, and learned a lot from others, but seems like every meet, and forum, has 2-3 snobbs that feel like it's all about them, and their word, is the final word on everything. 

Edited by Billy Jack

What i know. ..... wont take long lol. 

I know im a no one. 

I know im "new" to this forum.

I know i dont have many answers.

From lurking, i DO know, Sean knows his shit. Has knowledge i want.

I really know, id rather just talk about what we all love, or have a passion for.  Just sayin.  

Billy, just let some things go bud. Open ears, close mouth, take it in, type of thing. Add your goods, when ya can. Feel me?

I can see there is a issue, but, instead of "just ban me then", maybe see if it can go another direction. Just me. Again, i dont know much. 

Anyway......

At finals, i heard a dude say he gained 2db (from a 156, to a 158) from just pulling his DRIVER side chair. If he pulled both, it was only 1.4. So he pulled ONLY his driver seat, and left his pass seat in.  LOL.  2 db?  Insane. I never even tried that in my blazer build. I wasnt shooting for burp scores, but my hell.... 2db!!!????  Silly.

Brent Leavitt, the RTA guru around here, would test at the location he was at (when he was out of state, or what have you) just before the show. Just to account for weather temp. Weather temp? jesus....

I just shake my head and grab a beer. Jesus. lol. 

Also, i know everyone that hits the coast, LOVES teh meter more. Why? Elevation. No shit. Like a .7 gain,across the board, just getting to or around sea level. So crazy. lol.... Still not sure why the fuck we do this silly stuff. lol......

7 hours ago, Randal Johnson said:

Your right dude. I know SEVERAL that have "foamed" their vents. Not just removed them, but shot 30 plus cans of GREAT STUFF foam, ALL through out the channels/duct work.  Just loaded it full. No shit.  And, like i said earlier, they did it, because IT WORKED. ;)

1 hour ago, Kylar96 said:

What i know. ..... wont take long lol. 

I know im a no one. 

I know im "new" to this forum.

I know i dont have many answers.

From lurking, i DO know, Sean knows his shit. Has knowledge i want.

I really know, id rather just talk about what we all love, or have a passion for.  Just sayin.  

Billy, just let some things go bud. Open ears, close mouth, take it in, type of thing. Add your goods, when ya can. Feel me?

I can see there is a issue, but, instead of "just ban me then", maybe see if it can go another direction. Just me. Again, i dont know much. 

Anyway......

At finals, i heard a dude say he gained 2db (from a 156, to a 158) from just pulling his DRIVER side chair. If he pulled both, it was only 1.4. So he pulled ONLY his driver seat, and left his pass seat in.  LOL.  2 db?  Insane. I never even tried that in my blazer build. I wasnt shooting for burp scores, but my hell.... 2db!!!????  Silly.

Brent Leavitt, the RTA guru around here, would test at the location he was at (when he was out of state, or what have you) just before the show. Just to account for weather temp. Weather temp? jesus....

I just shake my head and grab a beer. Jesus. lol. 

Also, i know everyone that hits the coast, LOVES teh meter more. Why? Elevation. No shit. Like a .7 gain,across the board, just getting to or around sea level. So crazy. lol.... Still not sure why the fuck we do this silly stuff. lol......

Bro, that's exactly what I have been doing. You need to go back and read, and see for yourself. I'm not the one who can't let shit go. I can be having a good discussion with who ever, and here they come to start shit every time. They always bend, or flat out change, what I'm saying, to try and start a argument and bring up shit from months ago. I asked them to let it go for the good of the site, but they just want, or can't, for some reason. I admitted I made mistakes, not good enough, I admitted I have read things wrong, and been wrong, still not good enough. So what am I to do, just set here and take there abuse silently? Screw that, if I'm in the right, I will defend my position any where. I have read 1000's of old post on this site, and I can see exactly why no one hardly comes here. If you guys want to put up with there mouths, just because they know a lot about one hobby that's fine, but I treat people how they treat me. You show me decency, and I will gladly do the same, wheather I agree with you or not.    

2 hours ago, Billy Jack said:
Edited by Randal Johnson

Back in the day, Audio competition was a competitor's sport. 

11 minutes ago, Randal Johnson said:

Back in the day, Audio competition was a competitor's sport. 

Yes, but I never had a problem with talking to fellow competitor, or a kid wanting to know something about my build. But that's just how I am, I will talk to anybody that's interested unless I'm busy getting ready for a run or something, then I would just tell them to give me a minute or catch me after I done my run. Just seems kind of snobby to ignore fans of the sport who traveled a long way just to check out your stuff and have questions. That's one thing I always like about Alma she was truly the best without a doubt but she was super friendly and would talk to anyone. I saw that little old lady speak to gang bangers. She was what we all should strive to be. 

4 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

Bro, that's exactly what I have been doing. You need to go back and read, and see for yourself. I'm not the one who can't let shit go. I can be having a good discussion with who ever, and here they come to start shit every time. They always bend, or flat out change, what I'm saying, to try and start a argument and bring up shit from months ago. I asked them to let it go for the good of the site, but they just want, or can't, for some reason. I admitted I made mistakes, not good enough, I admitted I have read things wrong, and been wrong, still not good enough. So what am I to do, just set here and take there abuse silently? Screw that, if I'm in the right, I will defend my position any where. I have read 1000's of old post on this site, and I can see exactly why no one hardly comes here. If you guys want to put up with there mouths, just because they know a lot about one hobby that's fine, but I treat people how they treat me. You show me decency, and I will gladly do the same, wheather I agree with you or not.    

You are the one who cant let shit go. Your still talking about it. You dont have to give a whole spill. He gave advice so take it move on. No need to type a paragraph stirring the pot again. Its old for real. You dont have to respond to everything or take everything said so fucking personally or as an insult. You say you changed but honestly you still havent. If someone says something you dont like. Either respond professionally no matter how they responded or dont say anything, it doesn't mean you got punked or backed down. No need to keep marking everyone of their post negative because you cant agree or are in your feelings. Just speak your mind and move on. Im tired of seeing this forum go down hill as of late. Nobody is staring shit, they dont agree with what you said and back it up. When we ask you to back it up, usually you cant and you get offended. We don't let people misinform others so if someone knows more than you and calls you out. Take it as a learning experience and not a royal rumble. If tou think you're still right then just move on, or change your mind set and learn how you could be wrong or misguided. Even when others beside Sean give you advice you still got to explain or try to make your points valid when they just arent anymore. We are all here to learn, kill time and just shoot the shit. Thats it.

Go back and read the rules, if you dont like what someone post then simply move on. No need to get nasty and name call and such. Its ok to debate but literally argue about every single thing. Im sorry you know stuff from early in car audio that was either myths or may not apply anymore. Doesnt mean your not qualified or not experienced, just that times have changed. Open your mind please and help this forum become what it used to. Your not the first person who came here and thought they knew everything about audio and was wrong and wont be the last. No you didnt derail this thread for once but you damn sure didnt avoid the derailment, you added fuel to the fire for pages. Like every other thread you have derailed. Its a pattern with you and if you dont notice it then it wont change. I like to hear your old stories and input just wish you went another way about it. Take it as me jumping on you or trying to help but it doesnt matter. Its not about you, its about the forum and getting help or giving help. Sorry for the rant.

8 hours ago, Kylar96 said:
2 hours ago, jcarter1885 said:

You are the one who cant let shit go. Your still talking about it. You dont have to give a whole spill. He gave advice so take it move on. No need to type a paragraph stirring the pot again. Its old for real. You dont have to respond to everything or take everything said so pucking personally or as an insult. You say you changed but honestly you still havent. If someone says something you dont like. Either respond professionally no matter how they responded or dont say anything, it doesn't mean you got punked or backed down. No need to keep marking everyone of their post negative because you cant agree or are in your feelings. Just speak your mind and move on. Im tired of seeing this forum go down hill as of late. Nobody is staring shit, they dont agree with what you said and back it up. When we ask you to back it up, usually you cant and you get offended. We don't let people misinform others so if someone knows more than you and calls you out. Take it as a learning experience and not a royal rumble. If tou think you're still right then just move on, or change your mind set and learn how you could be wrong or misguided. Even when others beside Sean give you advice you still got to explain or try to make your points valid when they just arent anymore. We are all here to learn, kill time and just shoot the shit. Thats it.

Go back and read the rules, if you dont like what someone post then simply move on. No need to get nasty and name call and such. Its ok to debate but literally argue about every single thing. Im sorry you know stuff from early in car audio that was either myths or may not apply anymore. Doesnt mean your not qualified or not experienced, just that times have changed. Open your mind please and help this forum become what it used to. Your not the first person who came here and thought they knew everything about audio and was wrong and wont be the last. No you didnt derail this thread for once but you damn sure didnt avoid the derailment, you added fuel to the fire for pages. Like every other thread you have derailed. Its a pattern with you and if you dont notice it then it wont change. I like to hear your old stories and input just wish you went another way about it. Take it as me jumping on you or trying to help but it doesnt matter. Its not about you, its about the forum and getting help or giving help. Sorry for the rant.

Really? Just how many times are you guys gonna derail this thread? We where all good back on track but you just had to take your shots and defend your daddy. Take your own advise and let it go man no need to keep whining.

Edited by Billy Jack

Yeah you're a the problem. I see it now carry on. I know keyboard warriors are tough on the computer, the ssme ones who wont say it go your face. How are you older than me but act younger?

Edited by jcarter1885

15 hours ago, Kylar96 said:

So I'm a coward because I want remain silent or kiss your ass as you talk down to me? Even after I have said, why don't we let it all go, and start over, and you 3 continue to go back to the subject even after a month, that makes me the problem? I'm not sure I'm understanding your logic. And your right about one thing, we would not have this conversation face to face, cause I'm not much for talk, I would rather throw hands and let the best man win. Anything else you want to carry on, and on, and on about, or can we finally let this stupid, petty argument go and get back to what we all love, audio, cars, women, or in your case men, ha I don't judge! That was actually a joke so loosen up and have fun!

Edited by Billy Jack

:Doh: :ughdunno: :lame:

4 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

finally let this stupid, petty argument go and get back to what we all love

Omfg! Can we?!

20 hours ago, Kylar96 said:
14 hours ago, jcarter1885 said:

lmfao,:punani: that's what I'm hoping! 

On 10/28/2016 at 8:15 AM, Billy Jack said:

Yes I know this, I have read about the guys test many times, but what I'm saying is that these cheap amps that claim these huge numbers for $199 are full of shit, and will not sound like a good brand amp that accurately rates, or even under rate's their amps. It's just simple math. More power, less distortion, and higher dampening is gonna sound better even though both amps claim the same 3k watts. And I'm not saying you can't get good power for cheap, you can but they're usually horribly inefficient, and you end up spending more on electrical upgrades, then you would just to buy a good efficient amp. I never said once the same wattage and everything being identical would sound different obviously it wouldn't it's the same. Shawn just implied that, so I indulged him since he seams to love acting like everybody is dumb, and he is so much smarter then us all. I even said that manufacturers lie and that's the problem, your not really getting the distortion free wattage they say you are. And even when you do like with the little NVX amps they have cut corners some where to sell them cheap. I judge equipment by what I see and hear I know if a company is saying here's 5k watts for $199 it's bullshit and want last long. But there is also a flip side to that some company's sell way to high even for a good product the UL12 comes to mind $10k my ass no sub is worth that no matter how good. 

Are we still beating the dead horse? 

If so, for me, the horse = a problem of mis-understanding. There's good cheap China shit and there's bad cheap China shit, obviously we're not talking about amplifiers that are too good to be true, ie 5000w for $199. 

On topic again, one more thing we used to do was cover the cars with some reflective foil when waiting in line to get metered. That way the car was still cold inside without using the A/C and the battery. And it was nice to have a cool spot when it's ass-degrees outside.