Sign in to follow this  
SpeakerBoy

Spider landing repair

How can I repair my IDQ 15V1 if the spider partially detached from the landing? Is it time for a recone? Or can I patch it?

IMG_2460.PNG

Does it still work?  Amazing goop.  

five minute epoxy for spider landings and amazing goop for surrounds.

Yes, thankfully they both still work. It was only partial, so I took a leap of faith and used a bead of hot glue between the spider and the landing for til I can go out and get epoxy. I can reach in and pull the hot glue off easily. They're not super high power, if the noise stays gone, (I heard the spider slapping the landing and took them out to inspect) I'll call it square and leave em. I only have them on 125rms each. 

I think I want them reconed eventually because the way these sound, I don't think i'm ever getting rid of em; but today is not the day. Maybe I just haven't heard something amazing yet, but i'm very happy with my IDQ's. 

I've never worked with PSI before, do you think they'd recone something like these?

Send them a message and ask, they would be the only ones who can answer that. It wouldn't hurt to try but some say the t\s specs aren't the same afterwards. The next question will be is it worth it to recone them.

Definitely will be a different woofer.  I would just repair them right