Keegs94

Just ordered ssa evil 18" woofer and 4500d soundqubed amp

Hello everybody, new to the forum so hopefully I'm posting this in the right place. I just placed an order last week and my order says awaiting shipping. I saw there was a build time of 3 weeks for the evil 18, is that a current build time or an approximation? Also what are some opinions on the 4500.1 soundquebed amp? Can the evil take more or will this be a good long term amp? Should I break the sub in at 3k rms for a few weeks let the spiders loosen up or can I wire it down to 1 ohm right off the bat

thanks

Bump it! It'll break in naturally.

I have no input on the amp,however it should be plenty.

Evil love here, very violent sub. Play the sub and let it loosen up naturally. 

I ran mine on a Sundown 3000.1 and it got pretty crazy, so with your power look out!

What they said ^^^.

Also, that time is typically only an approximation. They generally take about that long, every once in a great while it will be a little quicker but don't be the least bit surprised if it takes a little longer. Also remember that the approximate time is "Business Days", that's based on a five day week. These are built completely by hand, the motor is machined from a block of steel AFTER you place your order. It takes time to build it from scratch as they're done. Patience is key. Use the time to make sure everything else is ready for it so that all you should have to do is mount it and go!

:WELCOME:

Might even be longer with Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales as well, I'm sure the buildhouse is swamped right now.

With FI just coming out with their new BTL line, I would imagine it's gonna take 4-8 weeks, but I'm no insider, so that's just a guess from what I have seen, and read before, by other FI/SSA customers. I myself plan on getting a new 18" BTL at tax time, so I know I'm in for a two month wait, but that's fine as long as I'm told up front, and updated to any changes. Like others have said, be ready to drop and go once it arrives. I'm sure your gonna love a evil, on 4K watts, should be a bad s.o.b!

1 minute ago, Billy Jack said:

With FI just coming out with their new BTL line, I would imagine it's gonna take 4-8 weeks, but I'm no insider, so that's just a guess from what I have seen, and read before, by other FI/SSA customers. I myself plan on getting a new 18" BTL at tax time, so I know I'm in for a two month wait, but that's fine as long as I'm told up front, and updated to any changes. Like others have said, be ready to drop and go once it arrives. I'm sure your gonna love a evil, on 4K watts, should be a bad s.o.b!

Pretty much ever line is a newer version as all of them have been upgraded. Those Qs are beautiful

44 minutes ago, jcarter1885 said:

Pretty much ever line is a newer version as all of them have been upgraded. Those Qs are beautiful

The only ones I noticed being different where the BTL's, Q'S, and SP4's. But either way the new SP4's and BTL's look wicked with those new 6 magnet system and triangle looking magnet's on the SP4's. I'm gonna invert one of those BTL's at tax time in my newest car. 

Edited by Billy Jack

I wouldn't mind a pair of those Q's myself!!!!

OP what vehicle are you going to be putting the EVIL in? Curious...lol

On 12/4/2016 at 2:23 AM, Keegs94 said:

Hello everybody, new to the forum so hopefully I'm posting this in the right place. I just placed an order last week and my order says awaiting shipping. I saw there was a build time of 3 weeks for the evil 18, is that a current build time or an approximation? Also what are some opinions on the 4500.1 soundquebed amp? Can the evil take more or will this be a good long term amp? Should I break the sub in at 3k rms for a few weeks let the spiders loosen up or can I wire it down to 1 ohm right off the bat

thanks

Thank you for your order.  Killer choice on sub.  I just emailed you back a moment ago.  The SoundQubed and Sundown orders were crazy this year for Cyber week.  We are pushing all the Sundown orders out now and will have tracking for the SoundQubed orders shortly. 

As for power, just please be smart with your gains and pay attention to heat, and oyu should be good to go.

On 12/4/2016 at 9:35 AM, altoncustomtech said:

What they said ^^^.

Also, that time is typically only an approximation. They generally take about that long, every once in a great while it will be a little quicker but don't be the least bit surprised if it takes a little longer. Also remember that the approximate time is "Business Days", that's based on a five day week. These are built completely by hand, the motor is machined from a block of steel AFTER you place your order. It takes time to build it from scratch as they're done. Patience is key. Use the time to make sure everything else is ready for it so that all you should have to do is mount it and go!

6 hours ago, garychurch84 said:

I wouldn't mind a pair of those Q's myself!!!!

OP what vehicle are you going to be putting the EVIL in? Curious...lol

I've got a buddy with 3 evils in a wall in his Camry on 12k watts... made me an evil believer!! Lol. I love that they're made by FI, how long have they been around now? 15 years?

As fas as my build goes, I've got a quad cab dodge 3500 that I'm gonna put it in. Taking out one of the rear seats on the driver side, 4th order bolted to the ground with the port pointing towards the back of my head. Upgraded 6x9s in the doors and running a zapco 4 channel 400 watt BLuetooth. Just ordered a 300amp Ohio gen alternator so that should be here by the end of the week. Still need to do my big 3. And I've got a 22ah limited lithium battery im going to be putting in the storage compartment underneath the remaining flip up bench seat in the back along with a dry cell under the hood so I should have good electrical.

On 12/4/2016 at 10:31 PM, Billy Jack said:

The only ones I noticed being different where the BTL's, Q'S, and SP4's. But either way the new SP4's and BTL's look wicked with those new 6 magnet system and triangle looking magnet's on the SP4's. I'm gonna invert one of those BTL's at tax time in my newest car. 

The SSD, Q, BL, BTL, SP4 and Team are all new versions. Yeah any of those Neo subs would be tits inverted.

Edited by jcarter1885

19 hours ago, Keegs94 said:

I've got a buddy with 3 evils in a wall in his Camry on 12k watts... made me an evil believer!! Lol. I love that they're made by FI, how long have they been around now? 15 years?

Glad you got to check out some SSA Evils before.  SSA, in terms of when we were established is a two part answer.  We came online 2002ish.  We incorporated September 1st, 2006, our first SSA Icon was released not long after.

7 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Glad you got to check out some SSA Evils before.  SSA, in terms of when we were established is a two part answer.  We came online 2002ish.  We incorporated September 1st, 2006, our first SSA Icon was released not long after.

Since where talking about evils, do they have a FI counterpart like the SP4, or team sub, that are close to them. I know there not the same sub, someone already said they have slight differences, but what series of FI's subs would be closest to the evil in performance, and output. 

Have you driven a tri toureg and a cayenne turbo back to back? That is akin to the answer of your question.  Different customer base = different design

That 3500 should be very loud with this 18 !

Post some pics when you get the sub, if you can. We love pics !

17 hours ago, Notorious97200 said:

That 3500 should be very loud with this 18 !

Post some pics when you get the sub, if you can. We love pics !

I think the op said a soundqubed 4500 not a 3500.

On December 10, 2016 at 7:27 AM, Notorious97200 said:

The CAR will be loud with that setup : it's a Dodge quad cab 3500.

I don't know how the( Soundqubed 4500) amp can be loud : it's an amp, it works in silent usually.:neil:

Are you correcting yourself, cause you said the 3500 would be loud in the car not me, all I said was the guy said it was a 4500 not a 3500.

3 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

Are you correcting yourself, cause you said the 3500 would be loud in the car not me, all I said was the guy said it was a 4500 not a 3500.

Naw you read it wrong. He said that 3500 meaning the truck will be loud with the 18 woofer, nothing about power was mentioned. Hope that clears that up.

Holy insecure, lol.

And yes 3500 will be loud with a 4500...or even if it were only a 3500:P

A 3500 with 4500?  Does that mean the truck has a lot of confidence in itself?

18 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Holy insecure, lol.

And yes 3500 will be loud with a 4500...or even if it were only a 3500:P

Suck my right nut lol,  nobody is insecure. I just thought he was correcting me the way he typed that out, still not sure what he meant, other then the truck is a 3500. Obviously I was referring to the amp, and he was referring to the truck. Not a big deal. 

Sorry this took so long to reply but the amp is a soundqubed 4500d. The truck the system is going in is a Dodge Ram 3500. It's been in the shop for 2 weeks getting some tranny work done but I'll get some 2/0 ran for power when its back. Still waiting to get my subwoofer though, they said it was going to take awhile being the holiday season.. I did make some progress a couple weeks ago Igot my ohio gen 300amp alternator installed and it's working good. Anyone with this sub have any box suggestions?IMG_6714.PNG

Edited by Keegs94