Jump to content
Keegs94

Just ordered ssa evil 18" woofer and 4500d soundqubed amp

Recommended Posts

Hello everybody, new to the forum so hopefully I'm posting this in the right place. I just placed an order last week and my order says awaiting shipping. I saw there was a build time of 3 weeks for the evil 18, is that a current build time or an approximation? Also what are some opinions on the 4500.1 soundquebed amp? Can the evil take more or will this be a good long term amp? Should I break the sub in at 3k rms for a few weeks let the spiders loosen up or can I wire it down to 1 ohm right off the bat

 

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bump it! It'll break in naturally.

I have no input on the amp,however it should be plenty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Evil love here, very violent sub. Play the sub and let it loosen up naturally. 

I ran mine on a Sundown 3000.1 and it got pretty crazy, so with your power look out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What they said ^^^.

 

Also, that time is typically only an approximation. They generally take about that long, every once in a great while it will be a little quicker but don't be the least bit surprised if it takes a little longer. Also remember that the approximate time is "Business Days", that's based on a five day week. These are built completely by hand, the motor is machined from a block of steel AFTER you place your order. It takes time to build it from scratch as they're done. Patience is key. Use the time to make sure everything else is ready for it so that all you should have to do is mount it and go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:WELCOME:

 

Might even be longer with Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales as well, I'm sure the buildhouse is swamped right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With FI just coming out with their new BTL line, I would imagine it's gonna take 4-8 weeks, but I'm no insider, so that's just a guess from what I have seen, and read before, by other FI/SSA customers. I myself plan on getting a new 18" BTL at tax time, so I know I'm in for a two month wait, but that's fine as long as I'm told up front, and updated to any changes. Like others have said, be ready to drop and go once it arrives. I'm sure your gonna love a evil, on 4K watts, should be a bad s.o.b!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Billy Jack said:

With FI just coming out with their new BTL line, I would imagine it's gonna take 4-8 weeks, but I'm no insider, so that's just a guess from what I have seen, and read before, by other FI/SSA customers. I myself plan on getting a new 18" BTL at tax time, so I know I'm in for a two month wait, but that's fine as long as I'm told up front, and updated to any changes. Like others have said, be ready to drop and go once it arrives. I'm sure your gonna love a evil, on 4K watts, should be a bad s.o.b!

Pretty much ever line is a newer version as all of them have been upgraded. Those Qs are beautiful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, jcarter1885 said:

Pretty much ever line is a newer version as all of them have been upgraded. Those Qs are beautiful

The only ones I noticed being different where the BTL's, Q'S, and SP4's. But either way the new SP4's and BTL's look wicked with those new 6 magnet system and triangle looking magnet's on the SP4's. I'm gonna invert one of those BTL's at tax time in my newest car. 

Edited by Billy Jack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't mind a pair of those Q's myself!!!!

OP what vehicle are you going to be putting the EVIL in? Curious...lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2016 at 2:23 AM, Keegs94 said:

Hello everybody, new to the forum so hopefully I'm posting this in the right place. I just placed an order last week and my order says awaiting shipping. I saw there was a build time of 3 weeks for the evil 18, is that a current build time or an approximation? Also what are some opinions on the 4500.1 soundquebed amp? Can the evil take more or will this be a good long term amp? Should I break the sub in at 3k rms for a few weeks let the spiders loosen up or can I wire it down to 1 ohm right off the bat

 

thanks

Thank you for your order.  Killer choice on sub.  I just emailed you back a moment ago.  The SoundQubed and Sundown orders were crazy this year for Cyber week.  We are pushing all the Sundown orders out now and will have tracking for the SoundQubed orders shortly. 

As for power, just please be smart with your gains and pay attention to heat, and oyu should be good to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2016 at 9:35 AM, altoncustomtech said:

What they said ^^^.

 

Also, that time is typically only an approximation. They generally take about that long, every once in a great while it will be a little quicker but don't be the least bit surprised if it takes a little longer. Also remember that the approximate time is "Business Days", that's based on a five day week. These are built completely by hand, the motor is machined from a block of steel AFTER you place your order. It takes time to build it from scratch as they're done. Patience is key. Use the time to make sure everything else is ready for it so that all you should have to do is mount it and go!

 

6 hours ago, garychurch84 said:

I wouldn't mind a pair of those Q's myself!!!!

OP what vehicle are you going to be putting the EVIL in? Curious...lol

I've got a buddy with 3 evils in a wall in his Camry on 12k watts... made me an evil believer!! Lol. I love that they're made by FI, how long have they been around now? 15 years?

As fas as my build goes, I've got a quad cab dodge 3500 that I'm gonna put it in. Taking out one of the rear seats on the driver side, 4th order bolted to the ground with the port pointing towards the back of my head. Upgraded 6x9s in the doors and running a zapco 4 channel 400 watt BLuetooth. Just ordered a 300amp Ohio gen alternator so that should be here by the end of the week. Still need to do my big 3. And I've got a 22ah limited lithium battery im going to be putting in the storage compartment underneath the remaining flip up bench seat in the back along with a dry cell under the hood so I should have good electrical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2016 at 10:31 PM, Billy Jack said:

The only ones I noticed being different where the BTL's, Q'S, and SP4's. But either way the new SP4's and BTL's look wicked with those new 6 magnet system and triangle looking magnet's on the SP4's. I'm gonna invert one of those BTL's at tax time in my newest car. 

The SSD, Q, BL, BTL, SP4 and Team are all new versions. Yeah any of those Neo subs would be tits inverted.

Edited by jcarter1885

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Keegs94 said:

 

I've got a buddy with 3 evils in a wall in his Camry on 12k watts... made me an evil believer!! Lol. I love that they're made by FI, how long have they been around now? 15 years?

 

Glad you got to check out some SSA Evils before.  SSA, in terms of when we were established is a two part answer.  We came online 2002ish.  We incorporated September 1st, 2006, our first SSA Icon was released not long after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Glad you got to check out some SSA Evils before.  SSA, in terms of when we were established is a two part answer.  We came online 2002ish.  We incorporated September 1st, 2006, our first SSA Icon was released not long after.

Since where talking about evils, do they have a FI counterpart like the SP4, or team sub, that are close to them. I know there not the same sub, someone already said they have slight differences, but what series of FI's subs would be closest to the evil in performance, and output. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you driven a tri toureg and a cayenne turbo back to back? That is akin to the answer of your question.  Different customer base = different design

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That 3500 should be very loud with this 18 !

Post some pics when you get the sub, if you can. We love pics !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Notorious97200 said:

That 3500 should be very loud with this 18 !

Post some pics when you get the sub, if you can. We love pics !

I think the op said a soundqubed 4500 not a 3500.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On December 10, 2016 at 7:27 AM, Notorious97200 said:

The CAR will be loud with that setup : it's a Dodge quad cab 3500.

I don't know how the( Soundqubed 4500) amp can be loud : it's an amp, it works in silent usually.:neil:

 

Are you correcting yourself, cause you said the 3500 would be loud in the car not me, all I said was the guy said it was a 4500 not a 3500.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

Are you correcting yourself, cause you said the 3500 would be loud in the car not me, all I said was the guy said it was a 4500 not a 3500.

Naw you read it wrong. He said that 3500 meaning the truck will be loud with the 18 woofer, nothing about power was mentioned. Hope that clears that up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy insecure, lol.

And yes 3500 will be loud with a 4500...or even if it were only a 3500:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A 3500 with 4500?  Does that mean the truck has a lot of confidence in itself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Holy insecure, lol.

And yes 3500 will be loud with a 4500...or even if it were only a 3500:P

Suck my right nut lol,  nobody is insecure. I just thought he was correcting me the way he typed that out, still not sure what he meant, other then the truck is a 3500. Obviously I was referring to the amp, and he was referring to the truck. Not a big deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry this took so long to reply but the amp is a soundqubed 4500d. The truck the system is going in is a Dodge Ram 3500. It's been in the shop for 2 weeks getting some tranny work done but I'll get some 2/0 ran for power when its back. Still waiting to get my subwoofer though, they said it was going to take awhile being the holiday season.. I did make some progress a couple weeks ago Igot my ohio gen 300amp alternator installed and it's working good. Anyone with this sub have any box suggestions?IMG_6714.PNG

Edited by Keegs94

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

    1. Recent Topics

        • 7 comments
        • 293 views
        • 5 comments
        • 41 views
        • 4 comments
        • 261 views
        • 174 comments
        • 12,976 views
        • 1 comment
        • 138 views
        • 692 comments
        • 37,458 views
  • Similar Content

    • By Second Skin
      INDEPENDENCE DAY SALE
      Summer is in full swing and the parties are underway. After shooting off some fireworks and celebrating the nation's birthday this weekend, don't forget to scoop up some American made Second Skin products for your garage project.  
      Now through July 6th, take 20% off all products and enjoy FREE SHIPPING to all continental U.S. locations. Use FREEDOM20 at checkout to soak up the savings. 
       
      Don't forget to check out these new products
       
      Firewall Ceramic Thermal Coating Is Back

      Self Adhesive OverKill Pro 3/8" thick Closed Cell Foam

      Self Adhesive OverKill Pro 1/8" thick Closed Cell Foam

       
      Radiant Shield Reinforced Foil Heat Shield (1,000 degree F rated)

    • By Aaron Clinton
      We are adding more and more as we get closer to Black Friday.  #crSSAy good prices from the #1source for #authorized online car audio. 
    • By Aaron Clinton
      Check out all the interesting products here: https://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/massive-audio/
      Some nice bluetooth amps, huge subs, matching rail caps and more.
       

    • By Aaron Clinton
      We have finally released our new amp.  It is a tiny tiny production run to see how people like them.  Meant for the high end, SQ market, without the European price tag.  If this model moves as well as I hope, it will help spawn another model in the line up soon.
      https://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/ssa-dm150-2-2-channel-amplifier-150w-x-2-ch-or-500w-x-1-ch/

      Introducing the all new SSA DM150.2 amplifier. An old school approach, with updated components, for the most discerning of ears. If your front stage is lacking warmth and clarity, its time to upgrade. Our first amplifier in our high-end, sound quality, Class- A/B - Demon amplifier line. The SSA DM150.2 is the elite choice for that high end active front stage, premium passive components, and especially a sound quality sub (SSA Demon). We've incorporated direct inputs for those competition installs that use an external DSP and want their amp to be a pure gain block. Stellar looks to match the design and components. Don't let your speakers or your ears down, #levelup to the all new SSA DM150.2 amplifier.
       
      150 Watts RMS X 2 @ 4 Ohm 500 Watts RMS X 1 @ 4 Ohm Angled Terminals for show quality installations Full Complimentary low distortion Class AB design Tiffany Style RCA connectorsFull Complimentary low distortion Class AB design Butterworth Crossover Filters for premium level performance An extra pair of input connectors for a direct input that will bypass the crossover so the amp can act as a gain block The op amps featured are TI chips w/BB technology high performance audio grade IC's Docking Pads® to reduce vibration & extend the life the amplifier DC, Short Circuit, Thermal & Overload Protection, on board fusing Diagnostic LEDs Specifications
      OUTPUT POWER @ 14.4V input   RMS per channel at 4 Ohms 150 W x 2 CH RMS per channel at 2 Ohms 250 W x 2 CH RMS Bridged Mono at 4 Ohms 500 W x 1 CH RMS Mono at 1 Ohm N/A INPUT SENSITIVITY 200mV - 6.0V FREQUENCY RESPONSE 10Hz - 30KHz +/- 0.5dB THD LESS THAN 0.01% S/N RATIO > 103 dB CHANNEL SEPARATION > 91 dB DAMPING FACTOR @100Hz 4 ohm > 200 CROSSOVER RANGE   High Pass, 12dB/Octave 80-1.2K Hz Low Pass, 24dB/Octave 10Hz - 250Hz Subsonic N/A Variable Bass Boost (0 to +12 dB bass boost at 45 Hz) Yes Phase Shift (0 - 180 degrees) No Fusing 3 x 40A Size (L x W x H) in 16.4 x 8.9 x 2.2
  • Recent YouTube Posts

×