brandon

What would be the best setup for under rear seat of Dodge ram quad cab box@ about 1.8 ft^3 ? Want it to get loud but still sound good. Any suggestions would be appriciated. :thanx:

One Rlp 12" seald

Two Rli 10" ported

Two Rli 8" ported

It's tough to assess without knowing your specific tastes, specifically your frequency preferences. Love those 8's, but I vote for the 12" RL-p sealed; it's a little smaller footprint in a very simple to build enclosure. Great sounding driver as well.

I would echo DevilDriver's sentiments. If you did opt for the dual ported, I would suggest throwin' those 8's in a combined 1.3 cu ft net volume enclosure, tuned around 33 Hz; or the 10's in a combined 1.6 cu ft net volume enclosure, tuned around 32 Hz. Since you probably won't be able to fit the 10's with adequate airspace, and the two 8's carry a higher combined expense (and would be more complicated to install) - the sealed single 12" seems like the most practical solution here.

Kinda hoped to do the 2 10 ported ! I personally like the wooff of ported campared to the thump of a seald box. know what I mean? what would be the optamal gross volume of a box set up for the 10s vented ?

Edited by brandon

Gross volume is a measure that depends on your displacements (i.e. how much bracing you use (if any), including the speaker itself), therefore I will only offer net volume suggestions (the amount of available airspace in your enclosure after everything has been installed), as I cannot guess as to what your total displacements will be! On that note, the RL-i10 will displace 0.1 cu ft of airspace, and I'm stickin' with my prior recommendation of around 1.6 cu ft net volume (0.8 cu ft net volume per driver) tuned to 32 Hz.. if you like to lean towards higher peak output, consider movin' up to 2.25 cu ft net volume betwen the two drivers, tuned around 32 - 34 Hz.

I Think I can get a net volume of 1.6 .Thanks for the help! hopefully Ill order the subs soon .

I Think I can get a net volume of 1.6 .Thanks for the help! hopefully Ill order the subs soon .

Doesn't sound to me like you are including the port space...that will subtract from your box size. To get a small 1.6 cuft box tuned low with 35sqin of port or more will require a fairly long port and if you only have 1.8 total you don't have enough space.

1.8 is a rough estimate just going of boxes I see on the internet. Ill probly build the box befor ordering the subs so I know for sure what I got to work with. :fing34: maybe ill go with the one RLp 12 if I cant get the needed volume for ported 10s or mabe ported 8s.

Edited by brandon

aeroport ftw!!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: