stratusrt01

Sundown Audio owns the NSPL Pro Trunk World Record

143.3db out of a trunk, unmodified rear deck, seats up with a single 15, a new NSPL World Record.

Found out my alternator was dying and was only charging at 11.6V also, so burps were done in the 10.7V range also, so not too bad for the 1st time out with the overnight install. Another show on April 8th, at that show we'll get serious and throw down some 149-150's with the seats up.

Wow, so the voltage was that low? I'd like to see your setup going with full voltage and I think you might be seeing those 149 - 150 numbers with a little more work :)

I noticed on the way home that my headlights were very dim, so I pulled over and popped the DMM on the alternator. It kind of scared me, since I was about 2 hours from home at the time, but I creeped it in.

Keeping the record with all the shows coming up will be the trick. There's some guys hitting big numbers.

Maybe 2 more 1500's and a Niteshades will help me hold onto it for a while.

Edited by stratusrt01

I think that with a Nightshade and 4x 1500Ds you'll have a very good chance of maintaining that record :) I'm hoping that the protos will be in soon!

Congratrats!!

Border Motorsports is having a Real Deal show,on 3/10/07 in Dillon, SC!!

We plan on bringing the GMC.......We are finishing up the install this weekend........this will be fun!! :OhYeah:

Congrats....Mr NSPL World Record holder:) heheheheh

Edited by Kluv

I probably won't make that show, given the fact that I need to tear down and rebuild again before the next World Record show, and money is tight. I will be there sometime to watch though. Kind of sucks too, because it's only 30 minutes from the house. I may try to borrow a woofer and run just to get some points though, but I'm really just trying to get the 4 amps and the new setup in for the next 3X World Record show, since there will actually be some competition there. Steve Sears hit 151.3 last year, and he's going to be in Roanoke Rapids, so I've got to step it up a little.

Shouldn't be too hard, given the fact that my rear deck wasn't modified at all, and even had speakers in it still. Twice the power, tuned higher (I was using my daily box, tuned to 32hz), and much less metal in the car should help a lot.

Edited by stratusrt01