THX_Elite

My new upgrades for 2017 and what to expect? Fi BTL NEO/AA 3800 1.D

The Fi BTL NEO that I ordered has a 2ohm Re rating of 1.8 so wiring in parallel i should be at .9ish ohms before possible box rise and any damping factors.  I bought the AA 3800.1D and just purchased a North Star AGM31 for the back.  I know my box is built to spec, tuned at 32hz, braced like a champ and stiff as humanly possible...here is my question/concern...

I just want to understand as much as i can without getting overly technical on ohm's and voltage vs impedance and it's variance...As a daily listener I'm just looking more about what power I will be feeding this sub while wired to "1" ohm around 13.5v...I just hope I don't fall into some 3 ohm situation after all is factored in where I would be feeding the 2500rms sub a measly 1k or something like that

Ampere Audio's website specs for the AA 3800 1.D specs at 12.8v

• Power 12.8 VDC – 1 ohm: 3,500W RMS.
  • Power 12.8 VDC – 2 ohm: 1,800W RMS.
  • Power 12.8 VDC – 4 ohm: 900W RMS.

SSA's website specs for the AA3800 1.D specs at 14.4v

• Power 14.4 VDC - 1 ohm: 3,800W RMS
  • Power 14.4 VDC - 2 ohm: 2,000W RMS
  • Power 14.4 VDC - 4 ohm: 750W RMS

The main reason I ask is because I will have spent over 2,000 dollars in trying to achieve 1k more RMS and definately more output.  
    And secondly, I want to make sure I get the best performance out of my new upgrades

...Should I forget about all the numbers where as I am only a daily listener and not a competitor?  And even more so, can I reasonably expect that I will have a significant increase in output going from a 1500rms Fi BL 12" running on a 1600rms Hifonics amp to a 2500rms Fi BTL NEO runnin on a 3800rms Ampere Audio? 

I think double the power on a beefier sub should provide a noticeable gain man, excited to see it completed!

Thank you!  I'm extremely excited myself!  I already want to get a 15 and haven't even got the twelve yet, lol.  too much money, uuughh

A recone kit and a new basket : and my 12" BTL neo became a 15" one ! From years ago, it is still playing with its brother in my installer's car, on a Sundown NS-1.
 Easy to do !

Enjoy your sub on that powerful amp. :dancing:

Nice combo you have going.

Thanks Aaron!

and Thank you as well ///M5 for your helpful input!

I understand that power supply and maintaining voltage is paramount.

In preparation for this (and to see if my upgraded 162amp alt can hang, OR not) I first chose to buy the best AGM31 battery that I could afford for the back of my ride from an audio supplier that has extremely close ties with North Star and is based within 10-20 mins from North Star's manufacturing location in Minnesota!  If I find that I still can't keep my voltage up...I will upgrade my alt (again) lol.  
In any case I'm excited to finally be rid of my little Hifonics amp and to finally own a real amp that is capable of real power.
EDIT: it is a competitor whom I talk with who brought up box rise among other things i've never thought about, (I'm just a daily dynamic ground pounder)  it's cool though, I like to learn ;) as long as the information is correct! 

Edited by THX_Elite

1 hour ago, Kylar96 said:

Jesse ? 

Is that one of my old boards? This is Kyle. ;)

HAHA! YES IT IS!
EDIT: still haven't gotten to plug it in yet, though...I just got my North Star AGM and sold my BL 12.  I am working on getting all the electrical solid and ready while waiting for my BTL NEO to get here.

Edited by THX_Elite

No worries. Get wangin man...... enjoy. Those boards served us well. Have fun, and welcome to SSA.