mrogowski

Mach 5 Audio Logo Competition

I like where Big E's going with his design. Their simple nature works perfect for a logo. Since we're all sharing ideas for the benefit of Mach 5, I'll throw up my designs.

logo1_small.png

My only quirk with this one is how heavily the 5 is faded out. Sadly, my... image editing software... is pretty tough to handle when trying simple changes like making it more bold. Click on the image to a 512X512 version.

logo2_small.png

This one took me 20 minutes. =p My software really doesn't handle downsampling very well, which is why this one has aliasing one the edges of the fonts. Again, click for a 512^2 version. The originals of both of these were rendered at 2048X2048.

Edited by Scarenius

I really like BigE's last one and Scarenius' first one.

I like where Big E's going with his design. Their simple nature works perfect for a logo. Since we're all sharing ideas for the benefit of Mach 5, I'll throw up my designs.

logo1_small.png

My only quirk with this one is how heavily the 5 is faded out. Sadly, my... image editing software... is pretty tough to handle when trying simple changes like making it more bold. Click on the image to a 512X512 version.

First off, thanks :) That was my aim.

I like this one for the most part, though, the blur/fade on Mach is too heavy. I really like what you did with the 5! If you could find a way for the 5 to come through a bit more, and lighten the blur/fade on Mach, it'd be even better!

I really like BigE's last one and Scarenius' first one.

Thanks, and I agree ;) I'm still trying to tweak it a bit, something still seems like it could be made better. I hate looking at my own work, I'm always too critical :P

Edited by Big E

Original:

1 - mach5logo4uf1.jpg

New versions:

2 - mach5logo42ex4.jpg

3 - mach5logo43re9.jpg

4 - mach5logo44tr7.jpg

5 - mach5logo45wl8.jpg

6 - mach5logo46kj1.jpg

7 - mach5logo47pn9.jpg

I think I still like the original, plus some of the new versions may not transfer correctly to a silk screen. No, there are no duplicates, if you look closely, there are subtle differences on a few of them. I'll probably be submitting all of these in the contest (Yay no limit!), but if you wouldn't mind adding some feedback, it'd be much appreciated ;) The only problem I have with most of them is that I'm not sure they'd silk over correctly, especially #5 (which happens to be my favorite)

I can throw a fancy box around them, too! :P(See my sig)

Edited by Big E

mach5logo3fq3.png

I like this one. How about a white dot on the middle to make it look like an LP.

Eh, I'm probably just gonna abandon that one, afterall it's a logo design, not an LP design ;)

I had a few questions, figured I'd ask them here so everybody could have the answers, level playing field ;)

1) Is there a certain color scheme you're looking for?

2) Is there a certain size logo you're looking for?

3) Is the winner going to get a sub with the logo screened on it?

4) Any other specifics you're looking for?

1) No real colour scheme, as that can easily be adjusted, but if you think some colour variations are good, by all means, include them.

2) Nope

3) Probably not, since it will take some time to get that done up.

4) Nope. Just use your imagination!

I banged out a proto logo today for fun on paint. Maybe with time and another program I'll pursue it (ie- actually use straight lines ahahah)

BEHOLD THE POWER OF PAINT lol

Mach5.jpg

I like where those two are going ^^.

LOL! Nooooo! I just finished one a lot like Smartass's, and was planning on making one like element's...well back to the drawing board.

m5asv8.png

m5av2cu2.png

threw this together in a few minutes... just an idea

I'm still working on mine................god paint sucks!!!!

J

One of the problems is you need a logo that is vinyl, silk screen and print friendly. When you get into printing multi colours and more 2-5 different setups for printing it becomes costly.

The first one puggsly showed on his subs looks good. Puggs can you do some others if you have the chance? Makes it more real to picture it that way.

Okay its paint so FORGIVE

JMACH5IDEA-1.jpg

mach5audioik9.jpg

lol

Priceless. :fing34:

But I will say that the first one that I put on the drivers, I think It was BigE's. Upon first glance on the driver reminded me of the old Kicker Logo for some reason.

Denim, I will try to do more as time allows.

Edited by Puggsley456

mach5audioik9.jpg

lol

Priceless. :fing34:

hmmm.... looks just a lil bit too familiar.