edouble101

(2) Fi BTL 15" - 15000 watts in the trunk

I already have a lot of mods done to my car as shown in a previous build log. 2017 will be a blend of SQ and +150db :) 

car : 2015 Hyundai Sonata

electrical : 300 amp Ohio Generator, (1) XS Power S3400, (2) XS Power D5100 supercapicitor modules, lots of Sky High 1/0

head unit : Pioneer 8100NEX

DSP : Alpine H800

front stage amp : (2) NVX JAD800.4

sub amp : Taramps HD15000

front stage : Alpine DLX-F30T, Scanspeak 10M silver series, Fi Audio N7

subs: (2) Fi Audio BTL 15"

31970154565_18a8f3c2a8_k.jpg

Nice looking bracing.

11 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Nice looking bracing.

I love it.

Tuned in for more ! 

I'm curious about your front stage, and...the new BTL : yummy !

I'm going the new BTL route myself, hope mine turns out half as nice as yours. Mine will only be a single 15", on a soundqubed 4500. Mine is going in a small compact Chevy Cruze Turbo, so it should be in the 140's anyways. Let us know how it hits when you get it done if you don't care, I'm curious myself. 

Thanks for checking out my build log!

The stock air intake goes over the top of the stock battery. I am going to use a XS Power S3400 battery and large battery terminals. To get more space I installed a INJEN cold air intake. I had to retrofit this to my car.

Stock

31863479962_8217fb72f9_k.jpg

INJEN installed

31171329074_208b221ad9_k.jpg

I like how your running your port through that rear deck that's badass. I plan on mounting my amp to the rear deck in my car, as it has no speakers in it, so it will give me more space for a box and battery's. I saw a Cruze yesterday with a FI BTL 18 in it, so I know it will fit now. My box will be on the smaller side around 6 cubes but I'm gonna be over powering it by 1500 watts so it should be ok. Glad to see I'm not the only one bit by the new BTL bug.

Good Lord!!!! 

On 1/1/2017 at 5:23 PM, edouble101 said:

I started to work on my port. Trunk builds are the most difficult IMO. I want to keep the port external. The more I sink the port into the enclosure the less net airspace I have and the longer the port gets.

I have to make the port longer (externally)  but here's how it goes...

31660629130_0c19fa2d50_k.jpg

On 1/1/2017 at 5:23 PM, edouble101 said:

I started to work on my port. Trunk builds are the most difficult IMO. I want to keep the port external. The more I sink the port into the enclosure the less net airspace I have and the longer the port gets.

I have to make the port longer (externally)  but here's how it goes...

31660629130_0c19fa2d50_k.jpg

Can you somehow split it and extend the length both way across the rear deck? It at least looks like that car has decent view out the rear unlike most new cars nowadays. 

yerp! can't wait to see. I'd offer my helping hand just so I can see this beast my brother!!! 

27 minutes ago, edouble101 said:

I got SUBS TODAY!!! Woot woot!!!

32090121446_09dff5d7b3_k.jpg

31318781163_fd30edd168_k.jpg

32010195741_932a3ccdbc_k.jpg

32010232191_2dc0ac4e07_k.jpg

:droolcup:

15 hours ago, Shogen said:

yerp! can't wait to see. I'd offer my helping hand just so I can see this beast my brother!!! 

I am very impressed with the design of these speakers. They are bigger than I expected as well.

31290226174_1ef3f6a607_k.jpg

So damn sexy, absolutely love their new drivers.

Nice tuned in for rest of port update. I did an install similar to this for a customer but we did aero ports definetly excited to see what you pull off. Also that bracing though so sek C

2 hours ago, Infinite913 said:

Nice tuned in for rest of port update. I did an install similar to this for a customer but we did aero ports definetly excited to see what you pull off. Also that bracing though so sek C

The only thing that is holding me up now is the weather. It is 15 degrees here, cold! I have a lot more work to do on the port, then I have to fiberglass all the voids in the enclosure. I designed it that to maximize the volume.

I received more installation items, as well as my Ohio Generator 300 amp alternator.

31357887673_f18fa0c087_k.jpg

32019707022_577eb4b8b4_k.jpg

This alternator is internally regulated at 15.2 volts. The only reason that I went this route is that the factory electrical system shuts down the alternator periodically and voltage drops to battery voltage. With this alternator I will not connect the factory molex connector to it. again, I am waiting for warmer weather to install this.

Ya its 9 degrees here and i have to gut and rebuild mine so im with ya homie.

Nice looking work. Let us know how it sounds. I'm going to be doing roughly half of what you got. 1 15btl on 3500 watts. Just curious what kind of output it's going to have. I'm sure yours will be a far better install as I'm not gonna dynamat unless I do it later on. I don't have as much room as you do one sub should provide enough output for my little Cruze.

Edited by Billy Jack

12 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

Nice looking work. Let us know how it sounds. I'm going to be doing roughly half of what you got. 1 15btl on 3500 watts. Just curious what kind of output it's going to have. I'm sure yours will be a far better install as I'm not gonna dynamat unless I do it later on. I don't have as much room as you do one sub should provide enough output for my little Cruze.

I hope the subsystem performs as I hope!

:lol: fuckin' awesome