edouble101

(2) Fi BTL 15" - 15000 watts in the trunk

My buddy Shawnk has made good progress with my doors

32787038316_825dc41181_b.jpg

I think I'll be using SI new 6.5 midbass, they are more capable in my install compared to Fi.

31984605004_f7fdfe59fa_k.jpg

32446692850_1668b5b22a_k.jpg

32704004021_291b499ecd_k.jpg

3 hours ago, Cwallaker said:

Both of those are sexy !

I agree!

I had major belt slip with the Ohio Generator alternator. The diameter of the pulley was smaller than stock. I swapped the stock pulley onto the Ohio Generator alternator and all is good for now.  I also bought a smaller belt. Once I get that I'll put the original Ohio Generator alternator pulley on with the smaller belt.

Them door panels are slick!

Thanks for the side by side photos, love the rain shield on the SI mids.

My door panels are completed. I am excited to get them back!

32881365945_6fa3b20428_k.jpg

32757818181_3955b90f05_k.jpg

Dayum! giphy.gif

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Nice looking door panels!

Thanks, my buddy does great work!

I installed the  TM65 mkII midbass drivers

32909782246_7f0ae6473b_k.jpg

32909796956_86fd4f99b5_k.jpg

Looking good!

Edited by frogcase2002

I spent about 1 hour listening to the TM65 mkII. 

caveat : I just modified my door panels so the speakers are not restricted through the factory grill. Prior to this modification I had annoying door rattles that I could not tame. 

Midbass drivers I used in my vehicle prior to these (same amp, same dsp):
- TM65 mkI
- GR M165X
- Image Dynamics X65

DSP setting : high pass 63hz @ 12db, low pass 320hz at 12db (passenger 180 phase)

I first noticed that there are no noticeable resonances (thanks to door panel mod). Second, these drivers are extremely flat with no audible peaks. Even that annoying 200hz peak is nonexistent. Third observation is that I need to adjust my amp gain and give these drivers more power!

I also took the Ohio Gen alt off my car...again. I put the Ohio Gen pulley back on it and install a Goodyear Gatorback belt that was 0.3" smaller than the stock belt. NO SQUEALING!!!!!!! :dancing::dancing:

Here is a comparison of the belts, stock v-groove on the left.

32155786444_2f855ce063_k.jpg

I swapped out the NVX amps for Rockford Fosgate Power T600.4 and T600.2.

The noise floor is much lower, imaging is improved and dynamics are amazing. I know the NVX amps are rated for more power but the Fosgates are much louder. I am extremely pleased with these amps.

32249590384_aa9e39aea4_k.jpg

I had to replace my radiator. I accidentally put a hole in it :( 

After I was done I cleaned the engine. Clean engine Sunday!

32319884083_79240575f9_k.jpg

On 2/24/2017 at 7:49 PM, edouble101 said:

The noise floor is much lower, imaging is improved and dynamics are amazing. I know the NVX amps are rated for more power but the Fosgates are much louder. I am extremely pleased with these amps.

Interesting.  I went from a P400 the other way with the same results.

On 2/24/2017 at 8:49 PM, edouble101 said:

Dear god don't let m5 hear you say that, he actually believes nvx is as good as any other amp, just because he believes a watt is watt, which it isnt. I knew these amps would have a terrible noise floor just because the amps there based on do. I don't care what anyone says a better quality amp does make a difference if nothing else just from more clean power. :thanx::morepower1:

3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

That's because you where still using a low quality budget amp then replaced it with a slightly better low quality budget amp. Imagine what it would have sounded like if you had bought quality like brax, zed, rf power series, jl slash, or Zapco. I have always heard a difference in sound quality from one amp to the other. Me and my friends all ran 12w6's and infinity kappa's in high school and they always cheaped out on power and couldn't figure out why my M100 and M50 sounded so much better. Maybe it was just more power but it deffinetly made a difference. Now if I just had a sub amp I probably wouldn't have even noticed but it was the entire system that was better. Lower noise floor, and a lot more accurate and  clean sounding, not to mention a direct swap resulted in gaining 1/12 db's. It actually amazing the difference in a budget install with budget components and a high end system. I can tell just going from my dodge to the mustang how much a difference quality makes. Even at low levels the mustang will destroy your ears where the dodge can be blasted at full volume and want bother your ears or sound harsh. But one is a spl install meant to be loud and the other a sq install so that could be part of it.

9 hours ago, ///M5 said:

As you know there are a lot of variables in an installation and equipment choice is not the most significant factor. 

2 hours ago, edouble101 said:

As you know there are a lot of variables in an installation and equipment choice is not the most significant factor. 

Yep.  Noise floor was the only difference I really compared and that improved.

8 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

That's because you where still using a low quality budget amp then replaced it with a slightly better low quality budget amp. 

That was just ONE of the systems I replaced the amps in with those.  You are about to be perma-banned if you keep up your childish nonsense.

11 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Yep.  Noise floor was the only difference I really compared and that improved.

That was just ONE of the systems I replaced the amps in with those.  You are about to be perma-banned if you keep up your childish nonsense.

What are you on about? Rockford even says the punch is there lower quality budget friendly line of amps so if you want to ban me for repeating them knock yourself out.