edouble101

(2) Fi BTL 15" - 15000 watts in the trunk

I decided that I want to try an optical connection from h/u to processor. I've heard fantastic things about as well as no difference versus rca.

I'll be installing this this weekend. Damn optical cable was $125, wtf.

32832697950_214d0b221f_k.jpg

woah I'm digging this build

On 2/24/2017 at 8:49 PM, edouble101 said:

I swapped out the NVX amps for Rockford Fosgate Power T600.4 and T600.2.

The noise floor is much lower, imaging is improved and dynamics are amazing. I know the NVX amps are rated for more power but the Fosgates are much louder. I am extremely pleased with these amps.

32249590384_aa9e39aea4_k.jpg

Of course the RFs are louder, they're bigger!  :lol:

On a more serious note, I had a T-500 and was very happy with output.

7 minutes ago, SS Teacher said:

Of course the RFs are louder, they're bigger!  :lol:

On a more serious note, I had a T-500 and was very happy with output.

I have been wanting to try these amps. You are right they are much bigger!

I'm running a PPI Black Ice 5000.1D and it's okay, but I'm contemplating biting the bullet and getting a T1500-1bdCP.  They're so damn secy and their size profile would work better in the Jeep, but I'm not sure I wanna drop $800.

1 hour ago, SS Teacher said:

I'm running a PPI Black Ice 5000.1D and it's okay, but I'm contemplating biting the bullet and getting a T1500-1bdCP.  They're so damn secy and their size profile would work better in the Jeep, but I'm not sure I wanna drop $800.

There are certainly cheaper amps available of similar quality. I'd recommend Sundown for a no hassle, quality, 1500wrms amp. Or buy the Rockford :) 

Someday I will also try Incriminator Audio amps. I think they have a unique design and appear to be of high quality. I was actually going to buy Incriminator Audio amps. Obviously, right now, I decided to go with RF. 

13 minutes ago, edouble101 said:

There are certainly cheaper amps available of similar quality. I'd recommend Sundown for a no hassle, quality, 1500wrms amp. Or buy the Rockford :) 

Someday I will also try Incriminator Audio amps. I think they have a unique design and appear to be of high quality. I was actually going to buy Incriminator Audio amps. Obviously, right now, I decided to go with RF. 

I have a 160 amp alternator and not willing to upgrade outside of The Big 3.  I don't have room for a spare battery either, SO I ordered my XCON in double 1 ohm so I can run my sub amp at 2 ohm and take it easy on the electrical.  All the Korean amps I've seen put out their rated power at 1 ohm.  Finding ANY amp that does 1500 at 2 ohms is NOT cheap.

3 hours ago, SS Teacher said:

I have a 160 amp alternator and not willing to upgrade outside of The Big 3.  I don't have room for a spare battery either, SO I ordered my XCON in double 1 ohm so I can run my sub amp at 2 ohm and take it easy on the electrical.  All the Korean amps I've seen put out their rated power at 1 ohm.  Finding ANY amp that does 1500 at 2 ohms is NOT cheap.

Kicker had some nice 1200-1500 watts amps.

Or you can try brazilian amps.

6 hours ago, SS Teacher said:

Just get any cheap amp like say a sound quibed 2200 and run it at 2ohm for 1100 watts. Honestly you want hear the differenc between 1100-1200 and 1500. And it will be easier on your amp and electrical and you can always wire down to 1ohm and drop the hammer if you ever want more, provided you have subs with the right coils of course.

6 hours ago, SS Teacher said:

You shouldn't be worried about wattage. You constraint is current draw. Your 150 amp output alternator minus your vehicle's consumption will leave you with 70-90 amps on average.  Based on that you should look for total amperage draw of 60-80 amps for your entire system on average. 

If you build a fourth order, to SSA specs, for your XCON, and power it with a Sundown 1500 or similar amp at 2 ohms you'll be happy. My recommendation also considers you using a NVX 800.4 for your front stage.  

I also recommend you use 1/0 from your battery negative and positive to your distribution blocks in your trunk. You are not maximizing the current capacity of the wire but you will be minimizing resistance :)

Should I.....

33106969971_3e2e8e6069_k.jpg

4 minutes ago, edouble101 said:

Should I.....

33106969971_3e2e8e6069_k.jpg

What kind of sub is that ^ I have never seen one before. It looks cool though and also where is it's spiders it appears to not have any! :puzzled:

1 hour ago, Billy Jack said:

What kind of sub is that ^ I have never seen one before. It looks cool though and also where is it's spiders it appears to not have any! :puzzled:

It has built-in Bluetooth to power it, I do not need an amp, runs off my smartphone.

It's called the Carbonaro Effect

1 hour ago, edouble101 said:

It's called the Carbonaro Effect

So it's magic lol

When I ordered the XCON I paid for an enclosure design.  I never asked how many cubic feet it is, just told them "I want the flattest frequency response from 33-85 hz."  The box is HUGE, I'm guessing 3 or more cubit feet net for a single 10", but it sounds GREAT!  Only reason I'd seriously consider switching from the PPI to the RF T-1500 is for astetics and a better fit.  It was banging on that T-500, but if I'm going to change might as well go big or go home.

Unfortunately I am having problems with my Ohio Generator alternator. It is internally regulated and is not working properly. When it is under 20F outside and I start my car the alternator has 0 charging voltage. After 30 minutes of driving sometimes it kicks on, other times it doesn't. Also at idle it is 13.5 volts, when I press on the gas voltage jumps to 16.5 volts!

How are you liking those Superbanks?

Let me know how those subs work out. Been debating between them and the new sp4

Is this playing yet? Heeeeelllppppp! Sold my zv4 today. If this is playing and that btl can take that power im sold on picking one up. My buddys trying to talk me into a dc level 6 or a psi plat 5. Way too much weight for my liking

On 11/04/2017 at 1:58 AM, Travis said:

Is this playing yet? Heeeeelllppppp! Sold my zv4 today. If this is playing and that btl can take that power im sold on picking one up. My buddys trying to talk me into a dc level 6 or a psi plat 5. Way too much weight for my liking

I'm in love with my BTL !

My installer runs 2 N2 15 on one Sundown NS-1.

Another forum member had 2 18" N2 on a Crossfire 8K.

Another friend used to run 4 15s on 2 Taramps 8K.

None of them broke, all in the Hot (and wet) Caribbean weather.

Have fun !

Freaking awesome. Thanks for the imput. As soon as the cash is together thats what im gonna order then. I need to save some weight and if they can take it im on board.

13 hours ago, Notorious97200 said:

I'm in love with my BTL !

My installer runs 2 N2 15 on one Sundown NS-1.

Another forum member had 2 18" N2 on a Crossfire 8K.

Another friend used to run 4 15s on 2 Taramps 8K.

None of them broke, all in the Hot (and wet) Caribbean weather.

Have fun !

Edited by Travis