edouble101

(2) Fi BTL 15" - 15000 watts in the trunk

I'm not saying it's safe to run 4K to a BTL daily. Be careful !

Mine is on a 2400 watts amp, and I can't keep the voltage up with my car. So maybe the subs can see 2OOO at full tilt. I don't know. But it's loud enough for me. ;)  

8 hours ago, Notorious97200 said:

I'm not saying it's safe to run 4K to a BTL daily. Be careful !

Mine is on a 2400 watts amp, and I can't keep the voltage up with my car. So maybe the subs can see 2OOO at full tilt. I don't know. But it's loud enough for me. ;)  

You couldn't hear the difference going from 2400 to 4000 anyways

Hopefully ill be good. The main reason for wanting the btl is to shed some weight. Going from a 70lb 18 to a 58lb neo is only a 12 lb difference.. mabey id be safer with the sp4. Im debating ordering a dd1 to set everything. Itll get used by 3 mabey 4 people. Its worth it to save my equipment from disaster but itll need to take the abuse every day. And i could smell the coil on the sundown once in a while so.. this is an awesome build here in the works. Wish i could hear it once its done

10 minutes ago, Travis said:

Hopefully ill be good. The main reason for wanting the btl is to shed some weight. Going from a 70lb 18 to a 58lb neo is only a 12 lb difference.. mabey id be safer with the sp4. Im debating ordering a dd1 to set everything. Itll get used by 3 mabey 4 people. Its worth it to save my equipment from disaster but itll need to take the abuse every day. And i could smell the coil on the sundown once in a while so.. this is an awesome build here in the works. Wish i could hear it once its done

Don't waste your money on a dd1. There's better ways to tune.

Just saying

I know of the o scope method but dont know anyone that has one.

The DD1 is 100% pointless and useless it does NOTHING positive.  Complete waste of money.

You also don't need an o-scope.  Evolution gave you all that you need, you just have to use what you were given.

Lol good point. Thats how ive always done things. Guess theres no need to change it now

On 4/16/2017 at 8:10 AM, Travis said:

Lol good point. Thats how ive always done things. Guess theres no need to change it now

Unless you want to waste money and time all while making it worse

Eric, I see you sold your 8100NEX.  Wondering what you replaced it with and how you like/don't like the difference.  Contemplating pulling the car pc from my truck as I could use the PC elsewhere and it's original primary use is better served by my new laptop anyways.  Wish I would have realized this when you were selling yours...

Either way, really curious on your feedback.

3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Eric, I see you sold your 8100NEX.  Wondering what you replaced it with and how you like/don't like the difference.  Contemplating pulling the car pc from my truck as I could use the PC elsewhere and it's original primary use is better served by my new laptop anyways.  Wish I would have realized this when you were selling yours...

Either way, really curious on your feedback.

I did not have any issues with the Kenwood. I'd use it again if it suited the install I was doing.

I bought an Alpine with optical out to utilize the optical input on the H800. I found the 8100NEX much easier to use than the Alpine. 

I'll save the comparison between RCA and optical to myself because I know that will cause a shit storm lol.

This build is officially squashed. I sold most of the gear and I am re-energizing my photography business. Another ridiculously expensive hobby.  

Here are some recent pics I took with my new Nikon D810 :) Heading back to the track this weekend to make some money :) 

34368018985_56118834fd_k.jpg

34381438832_9983d7231d_k.jpg

Was wondering when your camera and audio gear popped up at the same time.  I'm a sucker for both as well.  Sick of fidgeting with the pc though.

Sounds like Kenwood or Pio you are okay with?  Nobody has shit in stock here and quite frankly I am too cheap to buy new so I will buy someone elses something, but wanted to narrow down my shopping.  Thanks for the headsup!

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Was wondering when your camera and audio gear popped up at the same time.  I'm a sucker for both as well.  Sick of fidgeting with the pc though.

Sounds like Kenwood or Pio you are okay with?  Nobody has shit in stock here and quite frankly I am too cheap to buy new so I will buy someone elses something, but wanted to narrow down my shopping.  Thanks for the headsup!

To be honest the only real reason I buy DD is to keep my backup camera. Since I had it I use it all the time. For NAVI I use one of my smartphones; for me it is quicker and easier to use. 

I would like a DDD or triple because I have a big ass vertical hole.  Using a 10" monitor in portrait atm.  My biggest concern is usability and a GUI that doesn't look feel old.  Navigation I do on my phone as well...but would prefer to be able to Android Auto it if possible.

Other things I want: PowerAmp (once they add it to Android Auto), being able to FF, RWD and such both music on my phone and apps like Pandora.  Preferably with the steering wheel.  Have a backup camera for connecting the trailer and make bluetooth calls.  The more control of my phone from the steering wheel the better.

I've tried to watch demo's online and stopped in a few stores to play with them but most have no antennas, no USB connected and only offer the lower lines for demo.  In other words pointless.  I love and HATE car audio.  Aargh.

13 hours ago, Travis said:

Updates?

I had sold most of the equipment that I was planning on using. I was not able to fabricate the enclosure as I had planned. In the end it was too small and would have needed a complete redo to make it larger. 

I downsized and am now using a single 15" SSA Evil. 

Aww man. That's a bummer. But an awesome attempt nonetheless.

3 hours ago, Travis said:

Aww man. That's a bummer. But an awesome attempt nonetheless.

Every build is a learning experience!

4 hours ago, edouble101 said:

Every build is a learning experience!

Yea defiantly better to be happy with it than sacrifice to make something work.