Sign in to follow this  

18" RL-p under production

They will be in Mike's hands very soon

Thanks for waiting

Edited by 7

Brad is going to love this.

These are RL-p's and work off of the same motor design. Significant differences include the tall surround which allow for greater mechanical excursion capability, not to mention the whole thing about it being an 18" cone! :woot:

Other than that, it will continue the RL-p tradition of offering incredibly linear, low distortion, high output woofage at a fantastic value when compared to any brick-and-mortar-retail-world woofer that is found in stores today (and still a excellent value when compared to woofers with similar direct distribution over the internet).

Pictures and full specifications should be released next week! :hyper:

PS. RL-p15 D4's will be restocked at that time as well! :OhYeah:

I would love to do an 18" sub challenge now that there seems to be more on the market.

I would love to do an 18" sub challenge now that there seems to be more on the market.

18" = orgasm

Perhaps some double entendre there ;)

This is of great interest to me. Correct me if wrong, but the rl-p line is based off the TC-9; I remember several years ago, there was talk that TC Sounds had some difficulties coming up with a viable 18" solution when using the TC-9, so I look forward to this greatly. Love that motor.

Cool, I have been waiting on this. Just hope I have enough room to run a pair ported........

18" = orgasm

This is of great interest to me. Correct me if wrong, but the rl-p line is based off the TC-9; I remember several years ago, there was talk that TC Sounds had some difficulties coming up with a viable 18" solution when using the TC-9, so I look forward to this greatly. Love that motor.

32 pound motor with a large 3

Brad is going to love this.

:OhYeah:

About damn time! :P:D

Can't wait to see the specs and pricing

New 18" anodized cone with laser etched SS Logo

Sounds like it'll look titties...can't wait to see some pics too

And if it does look titties...is this going to be added to the entire lineup or just the 18" ?

<-- Should have some 18" holes in his rear deck this spring :fing34:

Oh god, if the M stays around...

<-- Should have some 18" holes in his rear deck this spring :fing34:

I think it would be fun, would could use Jims Bat cave, and build 3 sealed boxes and 3 ported, have my orion or a pair of sundowns on hand and go at it.

18" = orgasm

32 pound motor with a large 3

New 18" anodized cone with laser etched SS Logo

Sounds like it'll look titties...can't wait to see some pics too

And if it does look titties...is this going to be added to the entire lineup or just the 18" ?

That has yet to be decided. We're just plowin' through a large production run of 15's and 12's, including recently completed RL-i10's, all featuring the tranditional metallic copper logo.. so it will be some time before you would start seeing the rest of the lineup featuring the laser etched logo. But if it is well received, it is likely that we will ultimately move in that direction. The impressions I receive from customers and onlookers is always taken into consideration when deciding which direction SoundSplinter should be moving in the future. So don't be shy on the feedback when the time comes! ;)

I like the laser eched, very cool. But signed by the man will always be my choice.

Oh my god, I'm going to have to ditch my sponsorship with RE/USAmps now.

RL-p 18".

And I loved the 15"!

:o

I'm hyperventilating!

Greetings from Norway, Mike! ;)

At least you beefed up the motors for the 18...other companies just let them fly. Sounds good.

Pictures and full specifications should be released next week! :OhYeah:

It's next week :D

Rl-P 18 in the girl's new car...