Quick16tt

Hello & Intro

Hello everyone, I am just getting back in to car audio after 18 years . I have a 95 Accord Wagon that I am slowly building. Most of my equipment is from the mid to late 90s lol. I was a Kicker fan boy back then. Here is what I currently own,

HeadUnit- Pioneer DEH-P9200

Subs- 12 NIB 10" Kicker Solo Barics (old round c series and d series)

Components- 6.5 Kicker Resolution Series. 

Only item installed is the Pioneer Headunit. Big 3 is done and have ran 1/0 to the trunk.

Welcome

:WELCOME:

:WELCOME: yea the 90's where the shit. Phoenix gold, PPI art series, and old school Rockford punches every where, banging some W6's, or stroker's, or old school Orion's on every other block. Now your lucky to even see a system in anybody's car.

90s were the golden era for me in the car audio world. Had 3 12" W6 for about a year then went back to the Solo Barics.

Plan now is to use 2 10" Subs possibly 4 in the future. Couple sealed boxes .66cu should be plenty good. Need to order some second skin and work the doors for the component install.

Welcome! I loved the old Kicker Solo Barics, ZR amps, and Resolutions. I've had about 12 Solo Barics, in different sizes, throughout the years. You'll have to show us some pics when it's completed. 

I cut my teeth in the 80's and 90's as well.  Memories :)

21 hours ago, Quick16tt said:

90s were the golden era for me in the car audio world. Had 3 12" W6 for about a year then went back to the Solo Barics.

Plan now is to use 2 10" Subs possibly 4 in the future. Couple sealed boxes .66cu should be plenty good. Need to order some second skin and work the doors for the component install.

I to ran 3 12w6V1's at 1ohm off a Phoenix gold M100. They where in a tiny Toyota hatchback that got loud easily. Then when ever the square L3's came out I had a wall in a Fbody Z/28 and upgraded those when the L7's came out. Always charging my hatch full of batts so we could go cruising and pick up some women. Aww the good old days. 

Welcome to SSA, glad you found us.  Big wagon fan here. :)

Welcome to the forum!

I'm looking forward to seeing some build log pictures!  I love the old school equipment too. 

Welcome.

Ran a few Kicker products myself back in the day. 

I looked around some other Car Audio sites and this was by far the best. 

I will start on the front stage first here soon. Plan is a 6.5 components in the doors and Q-Logic Kick Panels with 6.5 components.  I won't use the Kicker 6.5 as I won't find another set from the 90s anytime soon for a good price. 

Looking at the Evil 6.5 midbass, possibly just wait it out for the tweeter to come out also and complete the set .

Different air space with doors and kicks. May not work as well as you hope. Plan carefully.

Just saying

I dont think you will need two component sets, try what you already have and go from there. Use the money you wanted to spend to deaden up your doors.

Cheers thanks for the helpful information. I will go with the doors only for now and put some second skin on them.

I have always ran the stock speaker wire in the doors and just tied in behind the deck. I don't wanna be that guy that worries about every little number but some local people suggest 16 gauge in the doors?? 

19 hours ago, Quick16tt said:

Looking at the Evil 6.5 midbass, possibly just wait it out for the tweeter to come out also and complete the set .

I am pushing to get the SSA tweeter in production as soon as possible.