///M5

Billy Jack Thread Dumping Thread

15 hours ago, Randal Johnson said:

If it's a class D, it's highly possible. Link to specs would help to better answer your question.

I'm a Class AB or nothing kinda guy.

I'm talking about the synergy 3500 or 5k on the SSA site. I still haven't made my mind up yet what brand amp I wanna run to my BTL. I was also checking out DS18 to there reasonably priced and look awful close to Sundown copy's. Anyone have any info on DS18 audio. 

I'm skeptical of all electronics until I've owned them.  Most people on here are as well so if they haven't used one I wouldn't expect a response.

12 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I'm skeptical of all electronics until I've owned them.  Most people on here are as well so if they haven't used one I wouldn't expect a response.

Me to but I was hoping somebody was running them or there rebadged copy's. It stands to reason if someone is using, say a twisted sounds 5k, and the synergy is identical other then the name they could give me some input on there reliability/output/efficiency/build quality/etc

Board and identical are far from the same thing.  Interesting that you have a brand boner for JL but don't seem to understand rudimentary anything regarding amplifiers.

I have never owned a Class D amplifier. 

ALOT has impressed me in competition, but never tried one for myself.

42 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Board and identical are far from the same thing.  Interesting that you have a brand boner for JL but don't seem to understand rudimentary anything regarding amplifiers.

Ain't much in a amp, if the board is the same, it stands to reason the rest is probably the same to. They order these things from Zenon, and stamp, or etch their name on them, so more then likely, if they share a board they will share other identical parts, except maybe the case. And I don't have a boner for JL, I just know they make great sounding subs, always have. Spl monsters there not, but there not supposed to be, they actually care more about reproducing music the way it should be, then building one note vibraters. When I want sq I go JL, image dynamics, or morel and when I want spl I go Korean built, Incriminator, Sundown, crescendo, Zenon, etc. It's best to find out who is new and using the same amps and subs as other reputable brands and get the same exact off the shelf stuff for $100's cheaper. A year or two ago that would have been twisted sounds before they notched out a share of the market and raised their prices. This year it looks like audio legions, synergy, and DS18 are the newest company's to buy zenon and stamp there name on it. They may even say there not the same but I would bet my bottom dollar there identical to some other company's stuff with there name on it. And I also know they all lie even JL ain't none of this stuff putting out close to what they say. But at least now a days even the crap company's make ok stuff for the most part. Back in the day pyramid and some of the other garbage stuff wouldn't work half the time and if it did it wouldn't work long. I had a surf board rockwood that was so crappy you could actually here music coming from the board it's self.

Edited by Billy Jack

52 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Nice, I've been enjoying my Escalade.  Going to be sweet.

:stfu: all I see on your pics is a old pickup full of JL. Actually more JL then I got. Maybe you have JL boner denial, cause you think it's hip to be a hater. Lol

16 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

:stfu: all I see on your pics is a old pickup full of JL. Actually more JL then I got. Maybe you have JL boner denial, cause you think it's hip to be a hater. Lol

God you suck at the internet.  I should have made this thread the day you joined.  It'd be 500 pages by now.

I haven't had that pickup in more than 7 years.  Amps are long gone as well.  And if you re-read I never said JL sucks, said that the price performance is retarded but of course you have the reading comprehension of a 6 year old so no surprise you fucked that up.

:suicide-santa::roflmao:

13 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I haven't had that pickup in more than 7 years.  Amps are long gone as well.  And if you re-read I never said JL sucks, said that the price performance is retarded but of course you have the reading comprehension of a 6 year old so no surprise you fucked that up.

Apparently you have a reading problem as well, I never said, you said, JL sucks. You just gave me a hard time for owning JL, when you yourself own, and have owned JL. We call that something ,oh yea a hypocrite! Then you justified your nonsense by saying, "but I didn't buy new" and assuming I did. I actually paid way more for my Sundown stuff, then I did my JL stuff, so looks to me like you prefer to put words in my mouth, or flat out lie about me, to fit your agenda. And yes it cost more to design every sub, and amp different, and not just order up the same old 10 year old tech, and slap your name on it, and sell it directly to the customer. I guarantee the crossfire stuff is higher then the exact same SSA stuff, because it's not sold online. Middle man gotta make his money to. and those ain't even separately designed, there just off the shelf parts. You never hear anybody bitching about MMats, or Rockford fosgate being higher then these internet brands, but they are just as high as JL, or more. And the reason for that is because guys like M5, are paid to tout these internet brands as the next big thing, while bashing the brick and mortar company's cause they don't sell at internet prices. And I'm not defending one company or the other, I use some of all there stuff as long as it's a decent product that works. I just find it hilarious you give me such a hard time for using JL, when you got picks up of more JL then I own. Lol, and your best come back is always say I can't read, and call me a kid, motherpucker I'm 40, and you seem to be the one who's having trouble reading. Honestly you gotta come up with something better, you un original bastard. 

Oh, and you thread dump yourself, we where having a perfectly good discussion on how to gain DB's and here you come talking about blind AB testing of amps. So don't whine about me doing it, when you done it first. I can already tell you your response, I'm a kid, I'm a JL nuthugger, a thread dumper, and can't read. Basically I'm you, but not in denial, at least I admitted when I was wrong, and was new to forums, your supposed to be a tech guy, what's your excuse the rules don't apply to you?  Now go ahead and CHANGE every FACT I just stated to fit your agenda!

Type in a sentence so people can respond.

5 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Type in a sentence so people can respond.

Dude it's a comment on a forum, fuck proper sentence structure. Hell it even says in the newbie thread, do your best where not writing books here. And the only reason you even said that is because I already told you what you would say so you where locked in to not using your same old shit. Apparently when all else fails revert to being a spelling nazi! Lol 

No, being literate I had to question your meaning in nearly every phrase since it is so convoluted.  I was laughing so hard I stopped reading.

8 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

And the reason for that is because guys like M5, are paid to tout these internet brands as the next big thing, while bashing the brick and mortar company's cause they don't sell at internet prices. 

This is super funny.  It is the opposite.  I get paid by JL, Harmon and the big companies because the little ones can't afford me.  None of it is for marketing though, but engineering.  I just state facts, not emotion unlike confused consumers.

5 hours ago, ///M5 said:

This is super funny.  It is the opposite.  I get paid by JL, Harmon and the big companies because the little ones can't afford me.  None of it is for marketing though, but engineering.  I just state facts, not emotion unlike confused consumers.

You got some balls, I will give you that. How can you say a company like NVX ,which is owned by Maxxsonic, that also makes numerous other cheap copies like Hifonics, MBquart, and crunch makes better stuff then JL, or Harmon, which spend enough on RAndD to afford you. Your very tag is the definition of, paying for a premium product "M5". You saying NVX is better then JL is like saying a Camaro is better then a M5 cause it does the same thing cheaper, but leaving out the part where the M5 is a premium automobile with better build quality, reliability, more advanced tech, and so on. And just like the automotive word, car audio is vanity to, a lot of my toys are better, flashier, more expensive then yours. Basically your the very definition of a hypocrite. And what does is say about what you do if you get contracted by JL yet the same old ten year old design with NVX stamped on it is better. 

NVX is owned by Sonic Electronix, it is their house brand.

BJ, you again showed you cannot comprehend what you read.  Perhaps you should use actual quotes instead of trying to summarize since you suck at it.  Your synopsis isn't even close to the original content.  Try again and then we can discuss.

3 hours ago, garychurch84 said:

:popcorn:

I know right lol 

21 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

I don't want an answer, but the right answer.  Settle for what you want, but your logic fits with the rest of your troll first think later personality.

I've had no bad experiences with Sonic, but good luck getting into any sort of good discussion about something that will actual solve your needs on their "forum" or calling them.  

Btw, it is really sad that your reason for liking them is stating you knowingly burnt up an amp using it inappropriately and ripped off a company to replace it for you.

Yet again you do the very thing you  falsely accuse me of "failed reading comprehension". If you could read what I said you would see I said "for my nephew" as in not me, and just in case you can't comprehend that, it's my sisters son. I had warned him, but he didn't listen and it lasted a while and they replaced it any ways. I was amazed I wouldn't have warrantied it. And also I never said I called sonic, again another fail, I said I have always got a answer from JL within 2-3 rings. But no doubt you will not be able to comprehend any of this and just twist my words to further your relentless harassment of me. And I also didn't rip off anyone I paid to have my Subs and amp installed by a JL dealer and of course they didn't even bother to set anything so with the cover on the amp I couldn't see the gain or bass boost and assumed they would have done it and burnt up a 13w7. Then after JL replacing it I thought surely when I pointed out their mistake they would surely set it this time, but nope and burnt W7 #2 up. After that I picked the 3rd sub up myself installed it, and set my own gains, and it's played to this day no problems what so ever. I also alerted JL to their reputable dealers failure to do anything but take my money and burn JL for nothing more then laziness. And I will never spend another sent with them. Now go ahead and twist my words to make me out the bad guy!

And although SSA has excellent service, M5 has single handedly ruined this site. I honestly have no problem with you correcting wrong information, but you have made SSA a place only a pro can get anything, but a smart ass comment from yourself. I was always told there are no stupid questions, just stupid answers. So basically if you need anything, but a opinion on SSA>everything else, your screwed. And I understand if people don't want to answer the same questions over and over, but with the search button unable to find even the simlest of topics, what's a noob, or not a expert to do?  Seriously, I have typed in simple things, like "US2000X" and it will say "there are no threads matching this topic. Then as soon as you ask anything your met with the same old "goals, JL or any thing not cheap sucks, and google is your friend, but we aren't." 

Can you ever post anything that isn't shit?