///M5

Billy Jack Thread Dumping Thread

20 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Can you ever post anything that isn't shit?

Can you? 

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Where are they going?  Can a 6.5" set fit?

*BJ's off topic comments were moved to his off topic thread

Where your original off topic comments, that I commented on moved? He asked about NVX at sonic, and JBL, not SSA>everybody who doesn't pay you. Whoops SSA>all, my bad let the cat out of the bag. 

18 hours ago, S.DeYoung said:

NVX is owned by Sonic Electronix, it is their house brand.

Nope not even close. NVX is owned by Maxxsonic which produces Hifonics, MBquarts, PPI (current stuff), Polk, crunch, and a couple of other copy brands. It's low to mid level stuff built in China at best. They use the exact same internal components as the others with a different case. Some of the other brands rate lower or higher. Like the PPI 1000.1 is identical inside to the NVX1200.1 And of course there are Amp dyno results of them both doing slightly over what there rated for on you tube. Well the NVX at least like i said the PPI is rated at a 1000 but those Dino's apparently ain't right anyways. Or if they are there not consistent. I have seen several vids of the exact same amps doing numbers all over the place. I could see a small fluctuation from one amp to the next but not by how much there off. 500-1000watts on a 3500 I don't think so. About the only thing on sonic that isn't maxsonic is Alpine, Image dynamics, wet sounds, JL, kicker, JBL, DC, and Rockford. I think soundstream may be owned by them now but I'm not sure on them so I'm not gonna say one way or the other.

Edited by Billy Jack

Keep on trolling, NVX is owned by Sonic Electronix.

On 1/7/2017 at 9:53 PM, ///M5 said:

God you suck at the internet.  I should have made this thread the day you joined.  It'd be 500 pages by now.

Catching up to the IHOP thread fast !!!

10 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

Where your original off topic comments, that I commented on moved? He asked about NVX at sonic, and JBL, not SSA>everybody who doesn't pay you. Whoops SSA>all, my bad let the cat out of the bag. 

No because they weren't off topic.  STOP trying to create arguments in other posts.  This is your garbage land where you can bring up nonsense.  Not in threads.

You probably should start with re-reading what the OP asked.  It was solely about the NVX.  I answered and gave him a hint on where to buy it.  If you think that is off topic, I'd like to hear how you think what you said was.  ROFL.

16 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

Nope not even close. NVX is owned by Maxxsonic which produces Hifonics, MBquarts, PPI (current stuff), Polk, crunch, and a couple of other copy brands. It's low to mid level stuff built in China at best. They use the exact same internal components as the others with a different case. Some of the other brands rate lower or higher. Like the PPI 1000.1 is identical inside to the NVX1200.1 And of course there are Amp dyno results of them both doing slightly over what there rated for on you tube. Well the NVX at least like i said the PPI is rated at a 1000 but those Dino's apparently ain't right anyways. Or if they are there not consistent. I have seen several vids of the exact same amps doing numbers all over the place. I could see a small fluctuation from one amp to the next but not by how much there off. 500-1000watts on a 3500 I don't think so. About the only thing on sonic that isn't maxsonic is Alpine, Image dynamics, wet sounds, JL, kicker, JBL, DC, and Rockford. I think soundstream may be owned by them now but I'm not sure on them so I'm not gonna say one way or the other.

12 hours ago, S.DeYoung said:

Keep on trolling, NVX is owned by Sonic Electronix.

11 hours ago, S.DeYoung said:

Also, Polk is owned by DEI. Soundstream and PPI by Epsilon. Maxxsonics does own Hifonics, MB Quart, Crunch, and Autotek. 

I dont know S. DeYoung, your not even close man. :roflmao::suicide-santa:

BJ never argues against fact, lol.

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

BJ never argues against fact, lol.

And Shawn never stops thinking his opinions are facts, and those are the so called facts I argue over. 

Let me put a little perspective on this subject. Basically there are two ways audio products make it to the market. One is the higher end brands do R and D and build their own products or contract a build house to build their design. The other is a "company" based in a storage unit some where, will order any number of pre-built units, ranging from trash, to descent, and have their astetics added to them and market them as the next big thing. There are so so many rebranders it's hard to keep up with them all. Some are.                                       NVX, Lanza, pile, PPI, Soundstream, legacy, boss, power aquastic, US amps, stinger, Hifonics, MBquart, crunch, autotech, power bass, viper, kole, pyramid, precision power, visonic, dual. And a couple of these company's will have upper level units built to spec but for the most part it's dog turds with a new name and look. Then you have the other company's who actually build, or have there designs built to spec. Some of these are                       (the Harmon group) JBL, Infinity, Harmon Kardon. Sundown, JL, Rockford fosgate, Phoenix gold, Macintosh, orion, air research, audison, hertz, DD, FI, Incriminator, nacamichia, Q logic, kicker, DC, and many more. And some of these may even have lower end rebranding themselves.                           Then you have around 200 Chinese, Korean, US, Tawain, Japanese, German, and Brazilian build houses, that either rebadge or build to spec. So forgive me if I can't remember every build house, every sub, and every board, but I know a rebadge when I see it and NVX is a little of both. The cheaper amps are rebadged PPI and a few more rebadged brands, and there higher end is rebadged Korean built. 

Edited by Billy Jack

You are not forgiven, you talk and type about stuff like you actually know what you are talking about but you do not. The brands you have grouped together do not deserve to be, rattling off useless false information does not help anything.

6 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

So forgive me if I can't remember every build house, every sub, and every board

Again you type a meaningless uniformed book.  Perhaps some amplifier 101 would be beneficial so you could actually state something educated about engineering or design.

9 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

And Shawn never stops thinking his opinions are facts, and those are the so called facts I argue over. 

Lol, like who owns NVX.  

You mix up facts and opinions, not I.

17 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

Let me put a little perspective on this subject. Basically there are two ways audio products make it to the market. One is the higher end brands do R and D and build their own products or contract a build house to build their design. The other is a "company" based in a storage unit some where, will order any number of pre-built units, ranging from trash, to descent, and have their astetics added to them and market them as the next big thing. There are so so many rebranders it's hard to keep up with them all. Some are.                                       NVX, Lanza, pile, PPI, Soundstream, legacy, boss, power aquastic, US amps, stinger, Hifonics, MBquart, crunch, autotech, power bass, viper, kole, pyramid, precision power, visonic, dual. And a couple of these company's will have upper level units built to spec but for the most part it's dog turds with a new name and look. Then you have the other company's who actually build, or have there designs built to spec. Some of these are                       (the Harmon group) JBL, Infinity, Harmon Kardon. Sundown, JL, Rockford fosgate, Phoenix gold, Macintosh, orion, air research, audison, hertz, DD, FI, Incriminator, nacamichia, Q logic, kicker, DC, and many more. And some of these may even have lower end rebranding themselves.                           Then you have around 200 Chinese, Korean, US, Tawain, Japanese, German, and Brazilian build houses, that either rebadge or build to spec. So forgive me if I can't remember every build house, every sub, and every board, but I know a rebadge when I see it and NVX is a little of both. The cheaper amps are rebadged PPI and a few more rebadged brands, and there higher end is rebadged Korean built. 

What happen man? You started with a question over who makes what and now you have all these fun facts lol

i have a synergy amp WFO 35.1 to be exact. I have nothing to complain about, it does a well job for daily listening and it's been reliable since spring 16'. Its worth the money > In my opinion <.. In comparison to the 2.5k shok industries ii amp I had before, shok did sound bit cleaner. Probably due to the fact that it needed less juice??.. anyway I noticed some of those amps price is higher due to it being able to handle more volts. Then again I'm no expert lol...

1 hour ago, Liro213 said:

What happen man? You started with a question over who makes what and now you have all these fun facts lol

i have a synergy amp WFO 35.1 to be exact. I have nothing to complain about, it does a well job for daily listening and it's been reliable since spring 16'. Its worth the money > In my opinion <.. In comparison to the 2.5k shok industries ii amp I had before, shok did sound bit cleaner. Probably due to the fact that it needed less juice??.. anyway I noticed some of those amps price is higher due to it being able to handle more volts. Then again I'm no expert lol...

Yes I did ask about the synergy, and thanks for the input, I was just explaining to dick head that NVX is a rebadged turd like so many more and not the next big thing. And it's most definitely not a sonic house brand, it's being sold every where even flee markets lol. 

47 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

Yes I did ask about the synergy, and thanks for the input, I was just explaining to dick head that NVX is a rebadged turd like so many more and not the next big thing. And it's most definitely not a sonic house brand, it's being sold every where even flee markets lol. 

Have you tried nvx yourself? Brands being more budget friendly doesnt necessarily mean they're total turds. If your looking for the cheapest copy of a bunch then go for it man. Like we all know internals/build quality could change. It's a gamble out here lol

I would say just choose a vendor wisely.

He only reads half the sentence unless it is a Dick & Jane sentence.  

1 hour ago, S.DeYoung said:

Hey dickhead, once again: NVX is Sonic Electronix house brand. The same guy that owns Sonic owns NVX. It is not sold exclusively at Sonic's website obviously, even SSA sells it in its store.

You read that on a audio forum but don't believe it, even sonic electronics will tell you they have no house brands, their just a whole sale house. According to there representative, there a new branch of either Maxxsonic or the company who makes PPI. I can't remember which one he said but it was one of the two. If I remember correctly Maxxsonic acquired the company who produces PPI but it's still sold under the original company's  name what ever it is. Epsilon I think it was. And he also said they where a copy of either PPI or MBquart which is not terrible, there decent for there price range, they work at least but definitely nothing to write home about. I heard a wall of there 12's ran off the 1200's and I wasn't impressed. For the huge build it was it should have been far louder and hit way harder. It was a one note wonder and muddy at that. The highs and mods where decent they sounded ok and had plenty of output. To me is sounded like a wall of power acoustic. If he had a wall of SA12's and similar size Sundown amps it would be far superior in output and sound quality. And there in the same price range or very close. 

7 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

I heard a wall of there 12's ran off the 1200's and I wasn't impressed. For the huge build it was it should have been far louder and hit way harder.  

Great equipment in a bad install will do that and is trumped by bad equipment in a great install.