///M5

Billy Jack Thread Dumping Thread

13 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Tell yourself whatever you need to.

Oh I do, don't worry about that. And you shouldn't take life so seriously, in the end none of us makes it out alive anyways. :nevar:

You misread things as expected.  Just rationalize whatever you need to for yourself to feel good.  I can see that is hard.

You should stop mistaking me being uptight for me just wanting to make sure that when people post a question here they don't get garbage for an answer.  The internet is full of bad information (for which you have found a ton) and that won't stand here.  Ask anyone who has met me, uptight isn't a good descriptor.

38 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

You should stop mistaking me being uptight for me just wanting to make sure that when people post a question here they don't get garbage for an answer.  The internet is full of bad information (for which you have found a ton) and that won't stand here.  Ask anyone who has met me, uptight isn't a good descriptor.

Sorry, I just can't take anyone serious after they say JL is junk, and trash, and hifonics, MBQuart, and NVX is the good stuff. And I have explained this before, but for the people who don't know I will again. Company's like JL, Heartz, and Morel, sell in store fronts and not solely online, so guys like M5 are paid to work the forums, and talk them down, while touting what ever internet brand their working for as the next big thing, far cheaper, and far better. And their go to sales pitch is always, but they cost more, but the part they don't tell you is how their not cookie cutter copies of the same old generic design. Yes it cost more to do R and D, and pay (Americans) to build quality products, which they stand behind 100%. Now I'm not saying some of these internet brands aren't decent, I happen to like FI, and Sundown, and they do get loud, but loud is rather easy, the hard part that cost so much, is getting loud while still sounding good, all while being reliable. You may fool the young unsuspecting crowd but ol dad knows better. Now call me a liar. Oh and before you say I'm not paid, you have some stake in it like discounts, personal ties, business partner, etc. :soapbox: 

You can type all you want....no one reads your nonsense as you have proven you don't knowbtour head from your are when it comes to audio.

Keep egurgitating nonsense you are internetconfused by...it is entertainment for all of us 

33 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

You can type all you want....no one reads your nonsense as you have proven you don't knowbtour head from your are when it comes to audio.

Keep egurgitating nonsense you are internetconfused by...it is entertainment for all of us 

Whoops, I let the cat out of the bag, and got you so out of sorts your stuttering, and back pedaling.   "knowbtour" "egurgitating" 

4 hours ago, Jay-C76 said:

Smh.....Billy, he isn't paid by ssa or any other brand....as for discounts, a lot of people get below msrp for actually installing & showing products at shows. It also helps to actually know what you're talking about. I've done my best not to disrespect you on here but come on man......this ranting isn't gaining anyone anything but entertainment via drama....

Wrong, he has already admitted he has done work for 90% of the audio, aerospace, and automotive industry's out there. Which is probably bullshit, or a huge exaggeration.  But now for the sake of argument he suddenly doesn't. Trust me, he has a stake in repping internet brands, over big name brands. This is actually a very common thing, and it's not hard to see exactly who is doing it. These guys are on all the forums SMD, DIY, etc. Hell it says "SSA supporter" in your forum name, no doubt you guys don't want the truth told. Actually I really hope you guys do get something for repping all this stuff and ain't just brain washed into believing the internet hype. And don't take me wrong, I have heard plenty of D.C. Incriminator, Sundown,  Crescendo, Zed, and SSA stuff and there good spl brands but their not anything special. Seen something a while back that totally turned me off Zed, guy had ordered a new amp and when he removed the cover and inspected closely realized it had old components from the 80's in it. He showed me and it looked like they where building a new amp, and just ran out of new parts, and grabbed something off a old used shelf, and installed it just to get it out the door. 6 identical parts and one Was faded and really old looking. We looked at the other identical amp and it looked fine no oddball parts. 

Edited by Billy Jack

ROFL.  You are dumber than I thought.  I get ZERO if anything car audio is sold from anywhere.

7 hours ago, ///M5 said:

ROFL.  You are dumber than I thought.  I get ZERO if anything car audio is sold from anywhere.

Sure you do. Wink wink 

I get paid on the Engineering side, not the commercial.  

9 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

Wrong, he has already admitted he has done work for 90% of the audio, aerospace, and automotive industry's out there. Which is probably bullshit, or a huge exaggeration.  But now for the sake of argument he suddenly doesn't. Trust me, he has a stake in repping internet brands, over big name brands. This is actually a very common thing, and it's not hard to see exactly who is doing it. These guys are on all the forums SMD, DIY, etc. Hell it says "SSA supporter" in your forum name, no doubt you guys don't want the truth told. Actually I really hope you guys do get something for repping all this stuff and ain't just brain washed into believing the internet hype. And don't take me wrong, I have heard plenty of D.C. Incriminator, Sundown,  Crescendo, Zed, and SSA stuff and there good spl brands but their not anything special. Seen something a while back that totally turned me off Zed, guy had ordered a new amp and when he removed the cover and inspected closely realized it had old components from the 80's in it. He showed me and it looked like they where building a new amp, and just ran out of new parts, and grabbed something off a old used shelf, and installed it just to get it out the door. 6 identical parts and one Was faded and really old looking. We looked at the other identical amp and it looked fine no oddball parts. 

Do you have pictures of this Zed amp? I would love to see them as I have never known Steven to do work as you stated.

Also what (brand bulling) you are describing was done by one man many years ago. He came to the audio seen and bullied guys in the lanes and retailers to use his brand and sell his brand. If you find yourself wondering who, think a little I am sure you have some items with their logo.

On 1/6/2017 at 1:09 AM, Billy Jack said:

While where on the subject of paying more for the same thing, are these new synergy amps just another cookie cutter Zenon amp like the sundowns, DC, Twisted Sounds, or are they actually a slightly cheaper board. What I want to know is, are they the new "I did it to" company to use the same Zenon tech with there name etched on it. If they are I should just save a couple of hundred bucks and get one of there amps instead of a Ampere or Sundown. I know there are slight differences even in the same Zenon or Chung Lam boards but are the synergy close in quality/output to the other rebranded Zenon/Chung Lam amps. 

Yes, Synergy is a Zenon made amp.  No, that does not mean it is a copy.  A shared board only goes so far, there are loads of vital parts that go into an amplifier that make up it's performance and characteristics.  Synergy wise, we have not had one that has failed on a customer.  They have a very attractive dollar per watt and proven performance, so I would easily suggest them or Ampere in you are looking in that area of the amp market place.

On 1/13/2017 at 10:56 PM, ///M5 said:

You are an audio moron, no one would buy anything you brand.

You'd be surprised to be honest.  CT, SKAR, DH, DS18 and a few others etc. all sell bonkers amounts of equipment.

6 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Ok, it appears I need to step in here.  Sean is a member of the forums.  He contributed to the upgraded forum member ships and is part of the tech support team due to his vast experience and knowledge over the years from the work he has done and his background.  That being said, Sean is NOT part of Sound Solutions Audio Inc. He does not gain anything from suggesting our items.  I know he has an Xcon, which means he can speak from experience on how well it performs.  He didn't get some hook up or get paid for it etc.  Please do not make any equivalence between SSA and SMD.

Also, I don't consider us (SSA) to be an SPL brand.  If oyu have any specific SSA questions, I am the one to ask.

Lastly, as for ZED, I don't think I can believe that.  Stephen never compromises on his amps.  I have known him for many years, and that is not at all like him.  I personally have 12 ZED made amplifiers, from different lines, brands, and across many years in my collection and not one of them show any signs of what you are talking about.

Guys I'm just totally pucking with Shawn, none of this was aimed at anyone but him. And Arron I like your subs, I was talking about Soundqubed, Sundown teams, V's, American bass VFL's, Incriminator Wardens, when I said SPL. I know Icons, and  Xcons can sound really good in the right box on low to moderate power. But I do tend to think of you guys as the go to place for spl, more so then sq, but that's just me. Now that I think about it, it's more like a 50/50 split between the 2. Kind of like I think sq when speaking about JL, it's not that they can't get loud, it's just I don't see it as much with either brand. There was a guy a while back ran 2 12w7's at Meca comps and did great numbers, 151-153db which isn't bad for 2 12's, on 2k watts. He started at 147 I think it was, and he said over a year or two period tested and tuned till he got up to the 153db best score. And no M5 I'm not talking about the guy with the blue Mazda on you tube, although this guy is listed on the meca website. And as far as Zed, I was really suprised myself, cause everything I have owned from them has been top shelf stuff. Who knows it could have been a refurbished amp, or a return and someone else did it out side the company. It was my friend who runs PJ's car tunes in Corbin Kentucky, he stated he had bought 2 of them brand new, and showed me the part still in the amp. He said hisself, he has dealt with them for years, and never had a problem, except this one little part. He contacted the guy, and he did offer to replace the amp free of charge, and told Charles he had no idea why it would look that way. Charles told him it wasn't a problem, he just wanted to make him aware, in case it did fail after installing it. And i never heard anything else, so it must have kept working fine. It was one of the capacitors that looked old. If he had never took the amp apart you would have never knew. But it did make us think, hmm I wonder what else their letting slide by. No big deal though, if the man built amps for 25 years, and messed up once he did great, most of us screw up at least once in a while. And just for the record, I will say when we removed my JL13w7 from the factory Prowedge box, it had a old odd ball screw under the surround. Same deal, didn't hurt a thing but was odd for a $1000 dollar sub. 

9 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Yes, Synergy is a Zenon made amp.  No, that does not mean it is a copy.  A shared board only goes so far, there are loads of vital parts that go into an amplifier that make up it's performance and characteristics.  Synergy wise, we have not had one that has failed on a customer.  They have a very attractive dollar per watt and proven performance, so I would easily suggest them or Ampere in you are looking in that area of the amp market place.

Well I couldn't help but notice the synergy used the same board as the twisted sounds, so I thought since everybody is having good luck with them, and the synergy is cheaper, I may give one a try and save myself some cash. I also noticed they where heavier by a few pounds, so that's probably where some differences are, heat sink, inputs, etc, like you said. Either way if I can get a realiable 3500 watts for $599 I'm in. You will be hearing from me next month on a order. Also gonna need some batts, and your most definitely cheaper then most places for XS power. I wish the new SSA line of amps was out, I would definitely run one of those. Any idea on a ship or realease date? 

boy did you just back pedal there :roflmao::suicide-santa:

Give him a chance, I hope this is a new day here on ssa.  Everyone here gets respect & benifit of the doubt. Let bygones be bygones. Lord knows I've come off like an ass a time or two.

Billy I hope you snap some pics & share them! Good luck on your new build!

13 minutes ago, Jay-C76 said:

Give him a chance, I hope this is a new day here on ssa.  Everyone here gets respect & benifit of the doubt. Let bygones be bygones. Lord knows I've come off like an ass a time or two.

Billy I hope you snap some pics & share them! Good luck on your new build!

Yes I can't wait. I spend 8-16 hours a day in this car, so I gotta get me some tunes. Right now I just want to get something going in it. I may buy one sub, and one amp at a time if I have to. I can always build a new box, and upgrade my electrical later to accommodate the  second sub, and amp. I think this little car is going to be easy to make loud, I installed some cheap tweeters in the factory locations, and it really made a huge difference already. My dodge seems to soak up sound from all the cloth interior, and is a lot harder to make it loud. It does sound good  though. 

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 4:18 PM, Billy Jack said:

Sorry, I just can't take anyone serious after they say JL is junk, 

JL Audio is junk ...............................:phatyo:

I remember when I wanted a 13w7 back in my teens .. dam things were too expensive lol

2 minutes ago, Liro213 said:

I remember when I wanted a 13w7 back in my teens .. dam things were too expensive lol

image.jpg