///M5

Billy Jack Thread Dumping Thread

38 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

Unless your running a huge $100k dollar demo vehicle OFC ain't worth it. For a daily ground pounder CCA is fine. All where doing is running current, it doesn't care what it flows through, just as long as it's big enough. OFC is just for vanity, which is actually a big part of audio. These company's want you to believe OFC is so much better because there's money in it for them. You ever seen how they test it, lol they do rolled up wire in 1000' lengths, last I checked a car is only what 15' long. If anything just run a extra run of CCA and call it good. 

ya .... OK.... LOL

CCA does not deliver the same amount of current from the batteries /alt to the amps as OFC of the same size,

it does not deliver the same sound quality from the head unit to the amps

or from the amps to the speakers.... not even close

if your using mediocre equiptment in a ground pounder listening to fart music CCA would be fine but if

your into SQ and want all the micro details with a dead back ground and no noise floor it's junk

you can't use your bullshit opinions and fight the laws of physics....

OFC has way less restriction and carry's the frequency's more freely

Copper and aluminum are the most commonly used wire materials and there is a significant difference in quality, power handling and signal transfer between these materials. The least costly between these 2 options is Copper-Clad Aluminum (CCA) wire. CCA wire utilizes an aluminum core that is clad or dipped in copper. It is a suitable choice for lower powered systems or restricted budget applications, although the power transfer is not on the same level as the far superior Oxygen Free Copper (100% OFC) wiring. OFC wiring is refined to remove virtually all oxygen and other corrosive elements.

Oxygen Free Copper wiring provides a superior electrical conductor to aluminum because it does not expand or contract with heat and can carry a higher current load. The improved efficiency of OFC wiring will also reduce the strain on your vehicle tremendously and allows your sound system to run at its maximum efficiency. While OFC wiring is more costly upfront, it provides much improved corrosion resistanceand greatly reduces your long term maintenance costs. CCA wiring often times will degrade to the point that it needs replacing much sooner than OFC wiring.

OFC Advantages

• Increased Conductivity to Carry More Current to Your Amplifier
  • Reduced the Strain on Your Vehicle’s Electrical System
  • Increased Corrosion Resistance
  • Decreased Maintenance Costs
  • Improved Heat Absorption

Sure.  You were born since then bringing down the average intelligence in the world 

14 minutes ago, Thumpper said:

ya .... OK.... LOL

CCA does not deliver the same amount of current from the batteries /alt to the amps as OFC of the same size,

it does not deliver the same sound quality from the head unit to the amps

or from the amps to the speakers.... not even close

if your using mediocre equiptment in a ground pounder listening to fart music CCA would be fine but if

your into SQ and want all the micro details with a dead back ground and no noise floor it's junk

you can't use your bullshit opinions and fight the laws of physics....

OFC has way less restriction and carry's the frequency's more freely

So you think 2 runs at 3' of 1/0 CCA to a amp from a battery in your trunk, can't carry enough current to supply a amp? Funny I see guys doing 150's 160's db with CCA. As long as the wire is true 1/0 or 2/0 your good man. And you definitely don't need it for speaker wires. 

It's electricity, it doesn't care what it flows through, as long as it has enough surface area. And I never said there was anything wrong with OFC, it's good stuff no doubt about that and I'm sure it does conduct better but for the money it just ain't worth it to me, I would rather run 2 runs of CCA. 

More then likely I will run welding cable, which I can get for $1.35-$1.75 depending on copper prices. But I have run plenty of CCA and never had a problem except currosion. It does not last as long, but as quick as I go through cars it's never a problem for me. As long as you give your amps and alts plenty of cross section your good for low to moderate power daily systems. I usually run my short runs in the good stuff, and my power wire connecting bats in the cheaper stuff, and just double up on 1/0 gauge CCA or welding cable. Ain't no way in he!! I'm paying $100's to run 15' of power wire from one battery to another. Now if I was building a 20k watt demo vehicle, yea nothing but true oxygen free copper 4/0 gauge, but for my little cheap 2-3k watt system I'm fine as long as my voltage stays up. Now if I ever get to a point I have 2-3 runs and still can't keep it above 12 I will upgrade.  

Oh, and one wire (OFC) does not provide any difference in sound quality, provided both wires are conducting the same amount. CCA  of equal size will have a conductivity of about 60-65% of the same gauge OFC, so 2 runs of CCA of the same gauge will provide better conductivity then a single run of OFC, of the same gauge. Don't believe me, just ask d!ck head, I'm sure he will concur with me, and if not he's just lying to sell you something, or bending what I'm saying to make it sound like I'm wrong. It's Easier to fool people, then to convince them they have been fooled. 

I use Welding Cable from my local welding supply shop. NEVER any problems.

5 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

Oh, and one wire (OFC) does not provide any difference in sound quality, provided both wires are conducting the same amount. CCA  of equal size will have a conductivity of about 60-65% of the same gauge OFC, so 2 runs of CCA of the same gauge will provide better conductivity then a single run of OFC, of the same gauge. Don't believe me, just ask d!ck head, I'm sure he will concur with me, and if not he's just lying to sell you something, or bending what I'm saying to make it sound like I'm wrong. It's Easier to fool people, then to convince them they have been fooled. 

Well from past experience I've ran 4ga cca wire to a Rockford 1500 bdcp and did ok as expected. All ran with American bass kit.. i then saved some cash and bought street wires ofc 4 ga kit. Let me say the change was noticeable going from cca to ofc.. front stage also did get more clarity going from cca to ofc.. I went thru the same thing on 1/0. 

Then again it's your money, spend it however you want to lol

6 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

Why use 2 runs of wire when you can use only one ? Is it cheaper ? 2 runs of CCA are cheaper than one run of OFC ?

You need more connector, 2 runs of negative too.

I don't find that solution interesting if you have to double up everything.

Get welding wire from your local store, if you're on a tight budget.

6 hours ago, Notorious97200 said:

Why use 2 runs of wire when you can use only one ? Is it cheaper ? 2 runs of CCA are cheaper than one run of OFC ?

You need more connector, 2 runs of negative too.

I don't find that solution interesting if you have to double up everything.

Get welding wire from your local store, if you're on a tight budget.

Yes that's what I said. I use 2 runs of 1/0 gauge CCA from front battery to the back, then I use the good stuff for my short runs to the amp and ground. And yes I can get 2 runs of CCA for 1/2 what this OFC cost and 2 runs has a slitely better flow then the single run of ofc. That way my amp connections stay nice and I'm not out $300 on all OFC wire. I usually do the big 3 in welding cable to, and it's copper and fat. Like I said, for my application it just makes sense, now if I needed to save space, or wanted a show quality install then yes I would fit the bill, but I hide 95% of my wires anyways. Only thing anybody will see is top of the amp and the runs under the hood only if it's up. 

7 hours ago, Liro213 said:

Well from past experience I've ran 4ga cca wire to a Rockford 1500 bdcp and did ok as expected. All ran with American bass kit.. i then saved some cash and bought street wires ofc 4 ga kit. Let me say the change was noticeable going from cca to ofc.. front stage also did get more clarity going from cca to ofc.. I went thru the same thing on 1/0. 

Then again it's your money, spend it however you want to lol

The change was because you had more current, allowing your amps to run better. Had you added another run of CCA, it would have done the same thing or better. Nobody is saying OFC of the same size isn't better it is, where saying that 2 runs of equal cross section of CCA will provide the same or actually slitely more current. And if your on a budget and ain't running a 20k watt show car it only makes sense to get the same results for cheaper. Only real problem with CCA is it degrades and will not carry current like ofc, but I go through cars so fast (1-3 years) it's not a problem for me. Now in my dodge I do have all JL true 1/0 ofc but in my mustang I got welding cable on my alts and battery with 2 runs of XS power CCA ran to the back battery, and some left over stinger OFC ran from my back battery's to the amp. And it saved me a lot of money and it works just fine no voltage problems whatever.

1 hour ago, Billy Jack said:

The change was because you had more current, allowing your amps to run better. Had you added another run of CCA, it would have done the same thing or better. Nobody is saying OFC of the same size isn't better it is, where saying that 2 runs of equal cross section of CCA will provide the same or actually slitely more current. And if your on a budget and ain't running a 20k watt show car it only makes sense to get the same results for cheaper. Only real problem with CCA is it degrades and will not carry current like ofc, but I go through cars so fast (1-3 years) it's not a problem for me. Now in my dodge I do have all JL true 1/0 ofc but in my mustang I got welding cable on my alts and battery with 2 runs of XS power CCA ran to the back battery, and some left over stinger OFC ran from my back battery's to the amp. And it saved me a lot of money and it works just fine no voltage problems whatever.

Why would I have ran another 4 to feed a 4 ga insert?.. the job gets done in 1 run and you don't leave room for doubt and  gain durability. cheap becomes expensive. I still have that copper tinned streetwire 4ga from 10 years ago. Works perfectly fine.

13 minutes ago, Liro213 said:

Why would I have ran another 4 to feed a 4 ga insert?.. the job gets done in 1 run and you don't leave room for doubt and  gain durability. cheap becomes expensive. I still have that copper tinned streetwire 4ga from 10 years ago. Works perfectly fine.

I never said you should have, I said you could have, and for what the OFC cost, I'm sure you could have got the run of CCA, and a dual 4 gauge to 1 input, and still had money left over. But for you, I'm sure the OFC is the way to go. I was just saying the difference in sound isn't from going from aluminum to copper, it's because you got more current which made your amps run better, that was my point. You said OFC is better for SQ but it's no different then aluminum if the current each carry is the same, as in 2/0 of CCA instead of 4/0 of OFC. Now the one thing you do got that CCA doesn't supply is longevity, your OFC will still be carriying current long after my CCA has rotted away, but like I said twice already I don't keep cars long so it doesn't have a chance to go bad before it's replaced.  

20 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

I never said you should have, I said you could have, and for what the OFC cost, I'm sure you could have got the run of CCA, and a dual 4 gauge to 1 input, and still had money left over. But for you, I'm sure the OFC is the way to go. I was just saying the difference in sound isn't from going from aluminum to copper, it's because you got more current which made your amps run better, that was my point. You said OFC is better for SQ but it's no different then aluminum if the current each carry is the same, as in 2/0 of CCA instead of 4/0 of OFC. Now the one thing you do got that CCA doesn't supply is longevity, your OFC will still be carriying current long after my CCA has rotted away, but like I said twice already I don't keep cars long so it doesn't have a chance to go bad before it's replaced.  

Kit cost me 50$ back in 07. Haven't spent anything on 4ga. nowadays I know it's a little more expensive but I still buy the good stuff just because of my past experiences. And Well yeah isn't that the point? to have more current to make amps run better? 

I never said ofc is for sq, I said running ofc wire alone to my front stage boosted clarity . Before switching to ofc power wires. All together system did gain from ofc. Like I said you can buy anything you want it's your money.

1 minute ago, jcarter1885 said:

Why are yall even responding to this foolishness, you're just feeding the fire. Even if wrong he will argue, even when someone who knows better corrects him he doubles down. Stop feeding the trolls.

CCA wire sucks plain and simple regardless how cheap you are or your system it sucks, there are countless test proving it. But what do we know, we dont know anything here. 

There's nothing else to do lol but your right its nothing but fire being fed

1 hour ago, jcarter1885 said:

Why are yall even responding to this foolishness, you're just feeding the fire. Even if wrong he will argue, even when someone who knows better corrects him he doubles down. Stop feeding the trolls.

CCA wire sucks plain and simple regardless how cheap you are or your system it sucks, there are countless test proving it. But what do we know, we dont know anything here. 

Your about a pucking prick, I'm not a troll. All I said is, CCA in bigger or more runs is fine to run a second battery. How the fuck am I wrong here? I never said it was better or as good as OFC I just said for a cheap system it was a waste to me. You and M5 usually say the more expensive stuff isn't any better, but just to argue now it is huh. And thumper is the one who said OFC sounds better and that who I was explaining to. The day you can here the difference in sound quality from 2 runs of 1/0 CCA from 1 run of 1/0 OFC is the day I will kiss your ass and give you 30 days to draw a crowd. But we all know it doesn't  matter if I'm wrong or right Jcarter and M5 will just twist or flat out change my words to try and make me the bad guy. Just like the nissans I said the Altima 4 door car was bigger then a maxima which it is and they post picks of a new 2 door when I clearly said the 2000's nissans. We where all discussing my new system just fine until M5 and jaycocksucker jumped in to start a argument. 

Haha try harder, call me all the names you want just shows how immature you can still be at 40.  At least I dont use CCA wire, I didnt twist your words. I said it sucks plain and simple, reading comprehension failure on your part but carry on. I see constructive criticism isnt your friend.

Can a mod alter this thread so it doesn't show up in recent topics?

17 hours ago, Randal Johnson said:

I use Welding Cable from my local welding supply shop. NEVER any problems.

same but not from local... only drawback so far was the bends can be tough.. wire is strong and thick

2 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

thumper is the one who said OFC sounds better and that who I was explaining to.

if you can not hear the difference between OFC and CCA ( speaker wire and RCA's) on good equiptment your tone deaf

it makes a very noticeable difference in sound quality when using it with top end stuff..

with the head unit , amps and components on my front stage I would be downgrading SQ going to CCA over the OFC

and as far as the power wire..... (for example)

my Crown A3000gti could not get the current it needed with double runs of CCA where the pure OFC did just fine with a single run

that damn thing clipped like a cheap piece of crap and would shut down when it didn't get proper current

my new Mosconi ZERO ONE draws as much as the A3000.... I'd be stupid to use cheap assed CCA to power it...

and you trying to explain anything about audio to me is like a monkey explaining to a squirrel how to open a walnut.... nice try

38 minutes ago, Thumpper said:

if you can not hear the difference between OFC and CCA ( speaker wire and RCA's) on good equiptment your tone deaf

it makes a very noticeable difference in sound quality when using it with top end stuff..

with the head unit , amps and components on my front stage I would be downgrading SQ going to CCA over the OFC

my Crown A3000gti could not get the current it needed with double runs of CCA where the pure OFC did just fine with a single run

that damn thing clipped like a cheap piece of crap and would shut down when it didn't get proper current

my new Mosconi ZERO ONE draws as much as the A3000.... I'd be stupid to use cheap assed CCA to power it...

and you trying to explain anything about audio to me is like a monkey explaining to a squirrel how to open a walnut.... nice try

What the fuck did I say? I said for the 4th goddamn time, (FOR A CHEAP LOW POWER SYSTEM) Jesus what's so hard to comprehend about that? You guys need a reading lesson or something. Obviously you need it for a huge build, but for my little system just to run a power wire from the front to the back it's fine. And your damn speakers have aluminum in them, so if it's so bad why do they work so good. I can't believe you guys are so brainwashed to think NVX amps are good, but CCA wire isn't. And as far as hooking up the amps, I said I used the good stuff for short runs from the battery to the amp, so what possible harm could using 2 runs from front battery to the back battery cause? I have no problem maintaining my voltage on a crescendo 3500@1ohm. And I even said if I had trouble holding proper voltage I would gladly fit the bill. You guys are to hung up on trying to argue me, how about instead, read what I have said, instead of implying I mean something I don't.  Here is what I have said                                              #1 CCA of the same gauge will (not carry as much current or last as long as OFC).                             #2 A double run of CCA (power wire) can carry just as much or more current then a single run of similar size OFC.                                 #3 for cheap low to moderate power systems, CCA or welding cable is fine.                                                            #4 for high power or huge builds it would take to many runs of CCA to work properly hence the need for OFC.                                               #5 a run of CCA of comparable power wire between the front battery, and the trunk battery, will in no way affect sound quality provided there is enough current to fully supply the amp to its max draw.                                               #6 almost everybody will not read this as it's wrote, but read what ever they need to just for the sake of a argument.                                 #7 I said for (my application) not yours or his, as in run what ever the hell you want I couldn't care any less. Really spend $5k if you think it's so much better, but don't expect me to buy into the fad.         #8 the very wire carrying power to your homes are aluminum, you really think your NVX amp has more current draw then your entire home? If you do I got some sweet swamp land, I mean beach front property I want to sell you!

What build? Crescendo 3500@1 ohm on what subs in what car is maintaining voltage? Lets see this build log, you keep saying your going to post one so lets see it. 

1 hour ago, Thumpper said:

What the fuck did I say? I said for the 4th goddamn time, (FOR A CHEAP LOW POWER SYSTEM) Jesus what's so hard to comprehend about that? You guys need a reading lesson or something. Obviously you need it for a huge build, but for my little system just to run a power wire from the front to the back it's fine. And your damn speakers have aluminum in them, so if it's so bad why do they work so good. I can't believe you guys are so brainwashed to think NVX amps are good, but CCA wire isn't. And as far as hooking up the amps, I said I used the good stuff for short runs from the battery to the amp, so what possible harm could using 2 runs from front battery to the back battery cause? I have no problem maintaining my voltage on a crescendo 3500@1ohm. And I even said if I had trouble holding proper voltage I would gladly fit the bill. You guys are to hung up on trying to argue me, how about instead, read what I have said, instead of implying I mean something I don't.  Here is what I have said                                              #1 CCA of the same gauge will (not carry as much current or last as long as OFC).                             #2 A double run of CCA (power wire) can carry just as much or more current then a single run of similar size OFC.                                 #3 for cheap low to moderate power systems, CCA or welding cable is fine.                                                            #4 for high power or huge builds it would take to many runs of CCA to work properly hence the need for OFC.                                               #5 a run of CCA of comparable power wire between the front battery, and the trunk battery, will in no way affect sound quality provided there is enough current to fully supply the amp to its max draw.                                               #6 almost everybody will not read this as it's wrote, but read what ever they need to just for the sake of a argument.                                 #7 I said for (my application) not yours or his, as in run what ever the hell you want I couldn't care any less. Really spend $5k if you think it's so much better, but don't expect me to buy into the fad.         #8 the very wire carrying power to your homes are aluminum, you really think your NVX amp has more current draw then your entire home? If you do I got some sweet swamp land, I mean beach front property I want to sell you!

40 minutes ago, jcarter1885 said:

What build? Crescendo 3500@1 ohm on what subs in what car is maintaining voltage? Lets see this build log, you keep saying your going to post one so lets see it. 

The spl build I did in my new mustang, the orange one I posted. I didn't build the box, but I did the rest myself, and it's playing flawlessly, except I need more power. Not more wire just another amp. There is also a small little Memphis sub, and amp in my Jeep to. But it's just to add a little low end, not nothing to call a big system. Just a 10" power series in a sealed box on a 500 watt power series amp.  Then I got the entire JL audio system including the 13w7 and HD1200/1 in the dodge my woman drives. When I posted all those pics, the box hadn't been built yet, so there was nothing to post except the car. Since I posted those pics I can't get anything else to post except the pics already in the folder already. It will post those but want let me delete them or start a new one. I have tried everything it just gives me a error code. Now I just bought a 2012 chevy Cruze to deliver in and I want to add a amp, subs and electrical upgrades. I'm keeping my stock head unit and already added some cheap tweeters to help out my front stage. I just want as much cheap bass as possible.