///M5

Billy Jack Thread Dumping Thread

You can get 1/0 welding cable for cheaper than 2 runs of "good" cca audio wire

11 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

Anybody want to discuss my up and coming Cruze system, or is it just gonna be me, and Shawn taking shots at each other. Anybody got any other good subs I haven't seen or heard about that could give me loud, relatively cheap, and efficent bass? 

Dss ethos

He aint gonna buy anything, just all talk right now. He cant even do a build log or post pictues, which is simple on this forum unless M5 is still blocking him. :suicide-santa::roflmao:

But some photos may be too big in size(mb) and you need to change the ratio in which you are taking them in on your phone in order to be uplodaded to the site. I upload all my photos to my gallery here on the forum. But for real we dont care how simple a build is we like to see them all, ask for help and we will assist you if need be on uploading pictures.

Edited by jcarter1885

1 hour ago, jcarter1885 said:

He aint gonna buy anything, just all talk right now. He cant even do a build log or post pictues, which is simple on this forum unless M5 is still blocking him. :suicide-santa::roflmao:

But some photos may be too big in size(mb) and you need to change the ratio in which you are taking them in on your phone in order to be uplodaded to the site. I upload all my photos to my gallery here on the forum. But for real we dont care how simple a build is we like to see them all, ask for help and we will assist you if need be on uploading pictures.

Yea just like when I didn't own a car, or a system, and posted pics of both. Yea real liar I am. Dick head!

1 hour ago, ohio45113 said:

Dss ethos

I have heard people having trouble with DSS. But others do say the ethos is a great sub for spl/sq. Anyone have any experience with resilient sounds subs. There specs look good for their price only thing I don't like is the efficiency. 86.5spl/1m would probably be hard to push to it max xmax. 

1 hour ago, jcarter1885 said:

Yea just like when I didn't own a car, or a system, and posted pics of both. Yea real liar I am. Dick head!

This dickhead can post pictures though :suicide-santa::roflmao:

Can dish it but cant take it i see, stop taking it so personal. Haha. 

I wouldnt get caught up in the efficiency of subwoofers or worrying about seeing max xmax from them either. Another group of comlanies to look at are the Russian upcoming brands who seem to have goud success in the lanes and daily systems. Pride Car Audio and Alphard Car Audio.

58 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

I have heard people having trouble with DSS. But others do say the ethos is a great sub for spl/sq. Anyone have any experience with resilient sounds subs. There specs look good for their price only thing I don't like is the efficiency. 86.5spl/1m would probably be hard to push to it max xmax. 

My buddy has my old 12s and my old bc3500 for sale.  Probably my favorite set of subs I've ever owned.  It's a toss up for me between them and zcons.  Never a single issue with them.  Seen others have issues early on but nothing recently.  Mainly people using WAY too much power. 

4 hours ago, ohio45113 said:

My buddy has my old 12s and my old bc3500 for sale.  Probably my favorite set of subs I've ever owned.  It's a toss up for me between them and zcons.  Never a single issue with them.  Seen others have issues early on but nothing recently.  Mainly people using WAY too much power. 

Ok cool thanks man I appreciate the advice. And yes I bet 2 ethos 12's on a synergy or twisted 3500 would be rediculous in my little Cruze. I think this car is gonna be real easy to make loud. I already added tweeters to the factory mids and it brought it to life. Lot of leather and plastic and no fabric to soak up the sound waves. My dodge is a hard car to make loud, all the cushiony seats and door trims seem to just soak up the sound. I know my other dodge the same exact system came out of was definitely louder and hit harder. Which part of it is sub and speaker placement, the factory pro wedge is so big I had to lay it down and fire the 13w7 at the trunk lid. 

4 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

I already added tweeters to the factory mids and it brought it to life.

Tell us more.

25 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Tell us more.

I had a couple of cheap tweeters laying around with built in inline crossovers so I removed the factory tweets in the window post and installed the 1" ct sounds Messo tweets. It deffinetly helped Brighten up the sound. Which the factory pioneer mids ain't bad at all the shake the door panels pretty good and have some decent bass to them. All I need now is Subs, amp, 1-2 battery's, box, and a line driver to supply the amp a signal from the factory head unit. 

There you go billy Jack that was a very fair response and it sounds like you were able to utilize what you had on hand in order to gain more depth in your soundstage. Ya get you some subs in there man and enjoy your money spent. 

2 hours ago, Infinite913 said:

There you go billy Jack that was a very fair response and it sounds like you were able to utilize what you had on hand in order to gain more depth in your soundstage. Ya get you some subs in there man and enjoy your money spent. 

That's the plan my man. I spend 7 to 16 hours a day in this car, so good tunes are a must. I will try and post some picks when I get it done but it will be a month or two. 

10 hours ago, Infinite913 said:

I like how this got me two positive rep points and yet my comment sits at zero. I guess there really are some trolls in here. If you guys dont get over it and just move on then SSA forum will be just like the others and i thought we pride ourselves on being a forum that's here to help. And ya Billy we look forward to some pictures man. And if you need any help posting you can shoot me a message and ill help you post them. 

18 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

Ok cool thanks man I appreciate the advice. And yes I bet 2 ethos 12's on a synergy or twisted 3500 would be rediculous in my little Cruze. I think this car is gonna be real easy to make loud. I already added tweeters to the factory mids and it brought it to life. Lot of leather and plastic and no fabric to soak up the sound waves. My dodge is a hard car to make loud, all the cushiony seats and door trims seem to just soak up the sound. I know my other dodge the same exact system came out of was definitely louder and hit harder. Which part of it is sub and speaker placement, the factory pro wedge is so big I had to lay it down and fire the 13w7 at the trunk lid. 

I always have the best luck in smaller cars with the subs and port facing the back and the port being as close to the back as the port is wide.  So 5 inch wide port i move it roughly 5 inches from the back.  

On 1/23/2017 at 9:35 AM, ohio45113 said:

I always have the best luck in smaller cars with the subs and port facing the back and the port being as close to the back as the port is wide.  So 5 inch wide port i move it roughly 5 inches from the back.  

Yes I always run my subs facing the back if I can. They always seem to be louder that way. 

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

I wasn't suggesting Chris can't read, I was suggesting anyone dealing with you is still gonna need help, as you never really help anyone with anything. Maybe that's a little harsh, but out of the 100's of post I have read it's usually the way it goes. And I'm not talking about my post either. Maybe a better car side manor would help you articulate the point  your trying to get across. Just my 2cents.

You suck at quoting...I didn't type any of that.  

Lol grammar errors ruined that quote by "///M5". 

8 hours ago, ///M5 said:

You suck at quoting...I didn't type any of that.  

Take it up with yourself there "SSA tech team", cause it locks up if you accidentally hit the wrong area, and it want let you do anything until you post. I even tried to close the entire site, and internet, and it pops right back up as soon as you come back.   

6 hours ago, ohio45113 said:

Lol grammar errors ruined that quote by "///M5". 

Really? Where resorting to being grammar and spelling NAZI'S now. It's a stereo site dude not encyclopedia britanica.  

On 1/29/2017 at 4:14 PM, ///M5 said:

The best car stereo I have heard in the past 4 years ran the auras.  As with any car audio install is everything.

Not really. Why does everyone keep saying install is everything? 

9 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

Not really. Why does everyone keep saying install is everything? 

Yes really, please keep your closed-mindedness out of this thread.