///M5

Billy Jack Thread Dumping Thread

2 minutes ago, S.DeYoung said:

Yes really, please keep your closed-mindedness out of this thread.

So if I don't FOLLOW the pack and agree install is everything, I'm the close minded one. Hmm, I'm not sure I follow your logic. I think crossovers are more important. Now I'm not saying install isn't important it is but it's not everything as all the forum guys say. Let me drop some knowledge on you, here is where that wrong saying come from, guys couldn't fix the problems that cars cause with imaging, soundstage, frequency response, and off axis response with crossovers so the only thing they could change was INSTALL which is why they think it's everything. I say fix the problems with crossovers as they can do far more then install ever can. I'm sorry if I offend you, I just don't follow the same old forum pack.

8 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

So if I don't FOLLOW the pack and agree install is everything, I'm the close minded one. Hmm, I'm not sure I follow your logic. I think crossovers are more important. Now I'm not saying install isn't important it is but it's not everything as all the forum guys say. Let me drop some knowledge on you, here is where that wrong saying come from, guys couldn't fix the problems that cars cause with imaging, soundstage, frequency response, and off axis response with crossovers so the only thing they could change was INSTALL which is why they think it's everything. I say fix the problems with crossovers as they can do far more then install ever can. I'm sorry if I offend you, I just don't follow the same old forum pack.

So crossovers aren't part of the install? You don't need to follow the "pack" here at SSA, you need to stop arguing with everything that Sean posts. Every time you argue you do not post valid points in opposition to his. I have learned a lot from Sean, as well others over the many years I have been on this forum. I will continue to do so, you many want to start.

Rofl.  I'd like to see him do an install without crossovers.  Funny coming from the guy who has monstrous difficulties with box design 101.

Ignorance is bliss.  You should be a happy guy.

1 hour ago, Billy Jack said:

Take it up with yourself there "SSA tech team", cause it locks up if you accidentally hit the wrong area, and it want let you do anything until you post. I even tried to close the entire site, and internet, and it pops right back up as soon as you come back.   

You suck at the internet too I see.

1 hour ago, S.DeYoung said:

So crossovers aren't part of the install? You don't need to follow the "pack" here at SSA, you need to stop arguing with everything that Sean posts. Every time you argue you do not post valid points in opposition to his. I have learned a lot from Sean, as well others over the many years I have been on this forum. I will continue to do so, you many want to start.

No there not. There part of the equipment. Install is speaker location, sound deadening and so forth. And I just gave you a valid point  goober can you not read either? 

37 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Rofl.  I'd like to see him do an install without crossovers.  Funny coming from the guy who has monstrous difficulties with box design 101.

Why would I do an install without crossovers if I just said CROSSOVERS are the way to fix your system not moving your speakers around. That was my whole point. Fix the sound coming out of the speakers instead of spending $1000's and countless hours to move your speakers for barely any bennifit. 

34 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

You suck at the internet too I see.

At least that's all I'm sucking, I saw that bumper sticker on your SUV, cowboys butts drive me nuts, I would have kept that to myself there Sean. Lmmfao

Edited by Billy Jack

1 hour ago, S.DeYoung said:

I'm not arguing, just correcting his wrong information, like he does mine. Install is everything, is like saying box rise, or sq, it's not exactly correct, even though in certain situations it fits more then others, like for a competitor who can measure it, and adjust accordingly. Just like install isn't gonna fix every system, a complex set of digital crossovers can do more, a lot more. That's all I was trying to say. :soapbox:

56 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Oh, and yes I'm not a expert on box building.  I'm pretty sure I already said that about a dozen times. I always let someone who has the proper equipment do it so I can focus on what I do know, the rest of the system. Now I do the exterior painting, or carpeting but I was never trained in box design. I'm sure I could but why not just ask somebody who can do it so much easier. It's like building a car, not many guys build every inch of a car, they do what they know they can get right and farm out the rest, i.e., engine building, transmission building, paint and fabrication etc. Well I can do the entire system but find it easier to let somebody who does it often build my boxes then I apply the finish I want. 

33 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

At least that's all I'm sucking, I saw that bumper sticker on your SUV, cowboys butts drive me nuts, I would have kept that to myself there Sean. Lmmfao

You have been able to get away with a lot over the past few months. This is not tolerated here. Come back in a week and hopefully contribute to the forum instead of incessantly arguing against everything Sean says.

59 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

Oh, and yes I'm not a expert on box building. 

It was designing being discussed not building.  Sad thing is if you would just bother to learn to design an enclosure and speaker once you would change about 90% of what you type.  Some very simple concepts elude you or you just make it seem so since you don't like me.  Comprehend the louderspeaker design cookbook just a wee bit and you will have a really empty feeling in your gut.

2 hours ago, S.DeYoung said:

You have been able to get away with a lot over the past few months. This is not tolerated here. Come back in a week and hopefully contribute to the forum instead of incessantly arguing against everything Sean says.

Did he get put on vacation for a little while?  I hate to see all of this as I believe he COULD be a fairly decent member of the forum. 

7 hours ago, altoncustomtech said:

Did he get put on vacation for a little while?  I hate to see all of this as I believe he COULD be a fairly decent member of the forum. 

Yes he is able to come back in one week, next Monday.

15 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

Really? Where resorting to being grammar and spelling NAZI'S now. It's a stereo site dude not encyclopedia britanica.  

Nah i thought you were up to your shenanigans again.  Trying to make it look like M5 said that.  I was just saying he doesn't post like the majority of us.  Never really see him use words like gonna or misspell things. He's usually on point with punctuation as well.  

17 hours ago, altoncustomtech said:

I dont see it at all, actually I see quite the opposite. I guranteee his first day back, he will up to the same old nonsense.

Edited by jcarter1885

23 hours ago, S.DeYoung said:

I understand putting people on timeout for swearing and misusing our good community forum but i think putting him on timeout because he quoted a funny scene from a movie is kinda lame. I can say as an anchored member that a lot of what billy says gets taken out of the context he says it in. And M5 has been just as much in billy crap as billy been in his. Just like back a few pages when M5 asked him to inform us how he added depth to front stage and he did and yet got a sarcastic answer. To be honest the way billy is being treated on the forum by people that can just ignore him kinda makes me not want to be apart of this community. I wish we all could have learned something from kryptonitewhite and his suicide that sometimes people just come off wrong or misguided and try to help when there methods and ways arent practical or the way we would do it. As i said before if this is what this forum has come to then this sucks. I barely see any updated posts anymore and only thing staying active is this weak thread dissing another member because of his different ways and viewpoints. And before someone says i haven't read all billy posts and he is an idiot in the things he says just remember you dont know everything you could know and we are all here to learn from one another even if its what not to do.

On 1/30/2017 at 6:01 PM, Billy Jack said:

Not really. Why does everyone keep saying install is everything? 

Install is everything...You can't just lay speakers inside your car or truck, run wire to them and expect to get the best performance out of whatever brand you bought. The quality of the equipment can only take your expectations so far. If you factor in mounting locations, materials, as well as many other variables you can either have a high quality item sound like ass or be a thing of acoustical bliss.

4 hours ago, Jay-C76 said:

Install is everything...You can't just lay speakers inside your car or truck, run wire to them and expect to get the best performance out of whatever brand you bought. The quality of the equipment can only take your expectations so far. If you factor in mounting locations, materials, as well as many other variables you can either have a high quality item sound like ass or be a thing of acoustical bliss.

To clarify, it sounds like Billy is assuming that the setup/tuning is not part of the actual "install" process, just the mounting of everything.

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

So you went with a less efficient driver since you can't run a bigger alt.  That makes sense /sarcasm

I went with lower power drivers 1400 watts x2 2800, instead of 6400 watts I couldn't provide. That and I got the whole system cheaper then I could have got 2 evils for. That and there due to arrive the 1st, the evils would have taken months. Hell on the website it said 21 business days, and now there's a post saying they don't even have them yet, but there coming. I like SSA but they need to work on the wait times as everybody dont want to be 3 months without a component when they can go else where and have it in a few days for the same price. And if money is the problem, just charge people for express delivery, and if they don't want to pay what it's worth, let them wait. And I also said I was still gonna run evil mids and highs so why the butt hurt did you loose some commission?

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

So you went with a less efficient driver since you can't run a bigger alt.  That makes sense /sarcasm

Wrong again! The lvl 4 12" has the same efficiency as the evil 15" and since there is no efficiency rating for the 12" yet I can only assume it will be less then the 15's 86.5spl/1watt which just happens to be the exact same as the lvl 4 12". 

And I'm not bad mouthing the evil either hell it was my first choice I just didn't think I could run enough wattage to do it justice. And it's not like any of these car subs are efficient any ways they all need a shit ton of power to reach there full potential. Also the DC 2k is rated at 90% efficient so I should be good with a stock alt and a battery bank at 4ohm for break in. 

Edited by Billy Jack

The sad realization of this thread is there will always disappointment. No matter how much information is available to educate, you still have to be willing to look past your ignorance...  

While there is a lot of humor is some of these comments, the ignorance factor is well beyond believable.

21 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

And I'm not bad mouthing the evil either hell it was my first choice I just didn't think I could run enough wattage to do it justice. And it's not like any of these car subs are efficient any ways they all need a shit ton of power to reach there full potential. Also the DC 2k is rated at 90% efficient so I should be good with a stock alt and a battery bank at 4ohm for break in. 

I don't understand the logic of going with the lvl4 over the evil?  You don't have enough power to run a evil?   There's no rules saying you have to hit with max rms?  I'm positive a evil will slam on 2k. Maybe I'm atupid and didn't understand what you meant but i would of went ssa over dc all day everyday if funds allowed. 

On 2/26/2017 at 2:01 PM, Billy Jack said:

I went with lower power drivers 1400 watts x2 2800, instead of 6400 watts I couldn't provide. That and I got the whole system cheaper then I could have got 2 evils for. That and there due to arrive the 1st, the evils would have taken months. Hell on the website it said 21 business days, and now there's a post saying they don't even have them yet, but there coming. I like SSA but they need to work on the wait times as everybody dont want to be 3 months without a component when they can go else where and have it in a few days for the same price. And if money is the problem, just charge people for express delivery, and if they don't want to pay what it's worth, let them wait. And I also said I was still gonna run evil mids and highs so why the butt hurt did you loose some commission?

The build house is doing the best they can with the limited margins due to high costs and the race to zero.  Also, people cannot go else where and get it in a few days for the same price unless they find a stocking dealer.  It is not about express delivery, it is about the man power to keep up with demand.  Lastly, no one is making commission.