///M5

Billy Jack Thread Dumping Thread

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

You can't read.

Change your attitude or go away.

I can read just fine. Do you have old timers cause it's litterely right there in black and white just go read it for yourself. We where talking about my system and you clearly said "you went with a less efficient driver since you can't run a bigger alt" that makes sense (sarcasm), that is word for word what you typed in evil 12" coming soon thread. Had I spoke a single bad word to anyone or spoke to you any? Nope! Now call me a liar! :liar::stfu2:

14 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

I never said any of that. I said if demand is so high that it takes months to do a single batch, why not raise prices slightly and hire more help to fill the need. I understand business just fine, I have built and currently run 2, and part owner in another. And if I have high a demand for something, I hire more temporary help to fill this need. And your right I do not know the inner workings of SSA ,so I can only assume they are either short on capital, or lack the credit to grow. Honestly it sounds like 2 guys running a small business the best they can, selling as cheap as they can, and as fast as they can, and that's fine but don't get hurt at me if I choose not to wait, as it's not personal just business. Like I said, I waited so long to try and get one amp, I gave up. Another thing I'm sure there dealing with is build houses, and parts suppliers. Maybe someday they can start there own SSA build house so they can have a steady supply of SSA and that would definitely put them at the head of the pack. And I will say if the subs are what everyone says, I'm sure people would pay a little more for them, JL, Rockford, RE, DD, and a few more have no problem getting what there stuff is worth. And I'm not bad mouthing Aaron, or anybody I wish them the best, but someone ask why I went DC instead of SSA, and I told them the truth. And sencheezy has said the same thing as me, he loves the brand but hopes they can work on wait times as he thought like me, it was the one thing that's still holding them back from being a big player in the audio community. 

I'm not blaming you for choosing or not choosing any speaker, amp, or brand of anything.  You didn't want to wait and that's a completely valid choice.  I did choose to wait for my XCON, but that doesn't mean you made the wrong choice for you. 

My point was Rockford Fosgate and JL Audio have tremendous brand power and have legitimate control over their pricing (hell, JL charges a dollar a watt on some of their amps), but most companies in car audio have little or no control over their pricing.  There are dozens of small internet brands (like SSA) that are successful businesses that sell to a niche market.  Competition is strong and and that gives us, the consumer, lots of options.  I'm willing to wait for certain products and not willing to wait for others, that's the beauty of a market economy.  Peace

11 hours ago, Jay-C76 said:

OH MY pucking *** PLEASE END THIS pucking TRAIN WRECK

This has been like a train wreck with a plane crash on top of it, then out of nowhere a cruise ship comes barreling in only to form a sudden sinkhole to swallow up the created abortion, after the dust settles...... out of the sky slams a meteor to end all life as we know it!

PLEASE ???

Otherwise the movie Idiocracy has truely become a documentary instead of a fictional comedy! 

Hahahahahaha!!!  Literally Lol'ing!  The symbolism, the poetry... you sir are a genius!

10 hours ago, SS Teacher said:

I'm not blaming you for choosing or not choosing any speaker, amp, or brand of anything.  You didn't want to wait and that's a completely valid choice.  I did choose to wait for my XCON, but that doesn't mean you made the wrong choice for you. 

My point was Rockford Fosgate and JL Audio have tremendous brand power and have legitimate control over their pricing (hell, JL charges a dollar a watt on some of their amps), but most companies in car audio have little or no control over their pricing.  There are dozens of small internet brands (like SSA) that are successful businesses that sell to a niche market.  Competition is strong and and that gives us, the consumer, lots of options.  I'm willing to wait for certain products and not willing to wait for others, that's the beauty of a market economy.  Peace

Yes I understand all that, but it was said the demand was so great that the build house (Fi) couldn't keep up. So I'm assuming with demand being so great a slight price hike would do 2 things, one it would allow the business to hire more help to fill that demand and two slow the demand from (bargain shoppers) so the company can work at a more reasonable pace and fulfill orders in a reasonable time, all the while keeping the bottom line where it's at now or really close. And I know you didn't say anything about what I ordered that was M5 you guys just jumped in after the ensuing argument. Had you read the entire discussion in the "evil 12" thread you would understand I never said the first word to anyone, until M5 lit into me. That's what he does, over and over, he incites a argument with me then moves it here to make me out the bad guy, when he himself is the TROLL! 

Edited by Billy Jack

20 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

I can read just fine. Do you have old timers cause it's litterely right there in black and white just go read it for yourself. We where talking about my system and you clearly said "you went with a less efficient driver since you can't run a bigger alt" that makes sense (sarcasm), that is word for word what you typed in evil 12" coming soon thread. Had I spoke a single bad word to anyone or spoke to you any? Nope! Now call me a liar! :liar::stfu2:

You typed that I said /sarcasm but didn't read it or you are a moron.  

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

You typed that I said /sarcasm but didn't read it or you are a moron.  

I read it, who the hell you think I been talking to. Same as always you make no sense what so ever. ^ what does this garbage even mean?  And you where clearly wrong to the evil is LESS efficient then the level 4 12". Honestly why can't you just leave me be and do you, and let me do me? We where all doing just fine until you came along to talk down to me with non sense that ain't even true. Then of course you move the argument here and leave out all the parts where you started your trash on me. Then of course no one see's that,  they just see me pissed off talking ill towards you and think I'm the troll when it's clearly you. 

This thread is a dump.  No problem dumping in it.  Exactly the point of it.

2 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

This thread is a dump.  No problem dumping in it.  Exactly the point of it.

Dude just fuck off and leave me be.

12 hours ago, AntonioPlauh said:

SUBJ1

Sup SPAM 

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Beware of one thing.  On axis and tweeter is usually not desired.  Location can stay, but I'd play with aiming.

As we clarified before, that doesn't work.  Not even close.  I am sure your "driver" and "passenger" settings were better for the other person than if you didn't change them, but it was far from optimized and your "close enough" is miles away for most of us.

Do you realize I'm just talking about time alignment, not anything else? Obviously it didn't sound like setting in the driver seat, I'm just saying it was just OK for the passenger nothing more. And that wasn't very often had one friend that noticed so I played with it until it was not so noticeable, nothing more. And a lot of this is listener preference to, what I like you may not like, and vise Versa. I have seen sq judges at meca events totally disagree on cars, doesn't mean either one was wrong just different taste.

8 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Yes.  You CANNOT time align for two seats at the same time.  Not even close.  Rudimentary Physics...

You can and I did if those 2 seats are in a small S-10 and the driver and passengers heads are almost touching lol. Like I said before I sat in the center and set it then when we would ride down the road leaning on the arm rest it was damn close. 

4 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

You can and I did if those 2 seats are in a small S-10 and the driver and passengers heads are almost touching lol. Like I said before I sat in the center and set it then when we would ride down the road leaning on the arm rest it was damn close. 

you were not setting time alignment for 2 seats, you set it for the center position between the seats.  2 completely different things.  You chose to make a compromise and to then alter the manner in which you sat in the vehicle to attempt to compensate for this compromise.  This is not setting time alignment for two separate locations at the same time; Which is what Sean is pointing out, you can't do.

47 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

So, did yall kiss?

49 minutes ago, nigel said:

you were not setting time alignment for 2 seats, you set it for the center position between the seats.  2 completely different things.  You chose to make a compromise and to then alter the manner in which you sat in the vehicle to attempt to compensate for this compromise.  This is not setting time alignment for two separate locations at the same time; Which is what Sean is pointing out, you can't do.

Yes sir that's what I said all along. Now you get it. Good job! :thanx:

On 3/6/2017 at 6:47 PM, Billy Jack said:

If both passengers leaned to the middle on the arm rest the time alignment was almost right, close enough anyways. 

10 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Yes.  You CANNOT time align for two seats at the same time.  Not even close.  Rudimentary Physics...

1 hour ago, Billy Jack said:

1 hour ago, nigel said:

38 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

Yes sir that's what I said all along. Now you get it. Good job! :thanx:

Again you thread dump.  STOP.  Read your first post above.  To the OP this sounds like you are recommending time alignment that is "good enough" ie, great, for two people at the same time.  I clarify and you get your panties in a bundle and have to argue.  Read your argument, then read how you try to completely change your tune two posts later by saying you did NOT time alignment for both but something completely different ie some random spot in between the two.

Even worse when that random spot between the two is shit for both.  In a car you can't eq for one side evenly, implying you time aligning it is learning challenged beyond belief.  

EVERY time you post in a thread you are all over the board implying different things and the people who made these threads don't always realize your audio understanding is beyond confused.  They may take your implied reality of what you hope your car is as fact.  I am done warning you.  React like a little bitch again when you imply some nonsense and someone corrects you and you will no longer be a part of this forum.

You have had way more warnings than other people we've let go.  We have let this happen because you do it out of ignorance instead of intent.  The initial statement isn't the problem, but your incapability of opening your mind to criticism and how you respond after.  Three different mods have addressed this privately with you.  Now here it is publicly.

SS - sorry this is in your thread.  We can surely move the off topic to the dumping thread, but being part of it is almost on topic we can move it later or at your request.

21 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Again you thread dump.  STOP.  Read your first post above.  To the OP this sounds like you are recommending time alignment that is "good enough" ie, great, for two people at the same time.  I clarify and you get your panties in a bundle and have to argue.  Read your argument, then read how you try to completely change your tune two posts later by saying you did NOT time alignment for both but something completely different ie some random spot in between the two.

Even worse when that random spot between the two is shit for both.  In a car you can't eq for one side evenly, implying you time aligning it is learning challenged beyond belief.  

EVERY time you post in a thread you are all over the board implying different things and the people who made these threads don't always realize your audio understanding is beyond confused.  They may take your implied reality of what you hope your car is as fact.  I am done warning you.  React like a little bitch again when you imply some nonsense and someone corrects you and you will no longer be a part of this forum.

You have had way more warnings than other people we've let go.  We have let this happen because you do it out of ignorance instead of intent.  The initial statement isn't the problem, but your incapability of opening your mind to criticism and how you respond after.  Three different mods have addressed this privately with you.  Now here it is publicly.

SS - sorry this is in your thread.  We can surely move the off topic to the dumping thread, but being part of it is almost on topic we can move it later or at your request.

I didn't do a thing wrong, you did. All I  Said was, I did the same thing with components and didn't feel a need to use raw drivers LIKE THE OP, then you CHANGED what I said to start a argument, as you always do. Then you cuss and threaten me for not agreeing with your non sense. Had I known this was a forum for Sean's ego to be stroked, and nobody can share opinions but yours, I would have never joined anyways. I Guess these trophy's, and my 25 years in audio don't matter cause some dude who measures one aspect of audio doesn't agree. I met a lot of guys like you working for JL, they all think there above reproach, then we PROVED them wrong. Honestly if you can't stand no one else having an opinion or anyone being here that want kiss your ass, DO YOUR WORSE! Guys just remember I tried making piece with this goober, and he doesn't want that, he wants me to accept his OPINION, as if he is a audio god above everyone. Also Aaron, or Mark this guy is costing you countless sales, and new forum members, so I really hope he is all he thinks he is, but I don't see it. All I see is a power tripping guy who sounds like he isn't used to anyone else having an opinion. 

Uh no that's not what I said at all. For someone who accuses others non stop of reading comprehension fails, you sure do it a lot yourself. Just go back and read it for yourself, I said "I set it to the CENTER and if both passengers leaned to the CENTER it was almost right" what's so hard to understand about that? Then you CHANGED what my original post said to "I set it for 2 seats" which I never said! Honestly dude why do you screw with everybody who doesn't share you point of view. All I ever said in the beginning was I prefer components over running raw drivers active in a car for simplicity reasons, nothing more and you have buraded me ever since, and purposely tried to start arguments with me ever since. I indulged your childishness for a while and gave you your petty argument you so wanted, but I'm done, leave me be man I'm not bothering you, so stop CHANGING what I'm saying to mess with me! 

I didn't change anything, this is verbatim what you said:

On 3/6/2017 at 6:47 PM, Billy Jack said:

I had 2 pre-sets so I could aim it for the driver or the center for when someone was with me. If both passengers leaned to the middle on the arm rest the time alignment was almost right, close enough anyways. 

I am changing nothing, you said, "If both passengers leaned to the middle on the arm rest the time alignment was almost right"

And that is absolutely absurd.  It wasn't almost right, not even close.  Worse that you surely implied to the OP that it was right.  This is the problem.  That is terrible "advice" and when I pointed that out you blew a fucking gasket.

Rather obvious you are trying to extend an argument from before versus understanding what it actually means.

You said, I tuned for 2 seats that's what you changed, but now of course you leave that out, and point out something else. And for god sake man if you move your head a inch it's slightly off, hence why I said "it was close enough" its music bro not a space ship taking you to the moon, it doesn't have to be scientifically perfect to be enjoyable or correct. Actually when I measured it with a tape measure and set it to Alpine' specs, it was slightly off anyways, it took 1-2 clicks to bring in front and center. Also there is a way to set up a 2 way active for 2 seat time alignment, it's not ideal but it's been done, but the tweeter and mid must be mounted together they can't be separated, and there was more to it but I can't remember exactly how they done it, but it did work. And I'm not saying I did it, or even know how, but the manufacturer did list it as a second option, and advised it to only be used as a secondary setting for passengers. Maybe it wasn't technally 2 way active but it was active time alignment for 2 seats that I know. 

Also I'm not bent out of shape or what ever you called it, your the one cussing, and calling names and changing what I say, and then changing what you said to further your pointless agenda. If I could get the qoatation boxes to do anything but lock up I would point it out but I guess I will just have to type it out for you.                           You typed                                             BJ: I set time alignment for 2 seats.  Which I never said.                         Then when that didn't work to keep your argument going you now expect me to only type so that the op can misunderstand what I'm saying which is impossible for anyone to do. If they like yourself can't read or comprehend basic English how can I be expected to MAKE them. I don't think that's your real gripe anyways I just think you want to be the king of audio and want to ban any thought not your own and expect everyone to take your word as gospel. And I will let you in on a secret, you do know the science I give you that but sometimes even science can't solve all problems. Some thing can't be quantified or be counted as 1's and 2's there's a art to some of this stuff. Maybe Vincent Van Gouh didn't graduate from a prestiges art school but did that make him any less a artist then the next guy who did. You know how you get to Carnegy hall, practice not degrees, or book smarts. Like my cousin who works at Ford designing proto type engines, he never went to any school a day in his life to be even a mechanic, he was completely self taught and works right along side enginneers with year of higher education, sometimes things can only be learned through experience. Just like if the manufactorers built drivers just to fit T/S peramiters they could end up with badly sounding speakers with great numbers. In my years in this I learned one thing over all else, just because it's wrote in a book or a spec sheet doesn't always make it so. 

Believing you know something you don't understand won't get you very far in anything.  Obvious you have that difficulty, stop rationalizing it and instead try to learn.

11 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Believing you know something you don't understand won't get you very far in anything.  Obvious you have that difficulty, stop rationalizing it and instead try to learn.

And just because you read it on Wikipedia, or in a book doesn't mean you know the real world application. And to be fair, I'm right where I want to be in life, everyday I use my extensive knowledge, and experience to make huge piles of cash! Can you really say the same.  Better yet, how about we meet at a comp, and let the judges decide if your NVX is as loud, or has as good of sq as what I bring. Saying your this or that on a Internet forum is stupid, and pointless and no one can be proven wrong or right. I let my actions speak for me. Just shoot me a time and date and I will try my best to be there. Your on the east coast right, I'm not driving to California, but anything on the eastern sea board is no problem, I drive 1000's of miles a weak anyways what's a few more for fun! 

8 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

Also I'm not bent out of shape or what ever you called it, your the one cussing, and calling names and changing what I say, and then changing what you said to further your pointless agenda. If I could get the qoatation boxes to do anything but lock up I would point it out but I guess I will just have to type it out for you.                           You typed                                             BJ: I set time alignment for 2 seats.  Which I never said.                         Then when that didn't work to keep your argument going you now expect me to only type so that the op can misunderstand what I'm saying which is impossible for anyone to do. If they like yourself can't read or comprehend basic English how can I be expected to MAKE them. I don't think that's your real gripe anyways I just think you want to be the king of audio and want to ban any thought not your own and expect everyone to take your word as gospel. And I will let you in on a secret, you do know the science I give you that but sometimes even science can't solve all problems. Some thing can't be quantified or be counted as 1's and 2's there's a art to some of this stuff. Maybe Vincent Van Gouh didn't graduate from a prestiges art school but did that make him any less a artist then the next guy who did. You know how you get to Carnegy hall, practice not degrees, or book smarts. Like my cousin who works at Ford designing proto type engines, he never went to any school a day in his life to be even a mechanic, he was completely self taught and works right along side enginneers with year of higher education, sometimes things can only be learned through experience. Just like if the manufactorers built drivers just to fit T/S peramiters they could end up with badly sounding speakers with great numbers. In my years in this I learned one thing over all else, just because it's wrote in a book or a spec sheet doesn't always make it so. 

Stop crying like a baby, everytime I respond you name call or curse. So get out of the kitchen if you cant stand the heat. Naive, are we.