Will they be laser engraved?

On 2/2/2017 at 9:09 PM, ludeman said:

Will they be laser engraved?

Painted.  Something to mention, the SSA logo on all the drivers is white.

I did like the way the red goes with the Evil logo but I definitely liked the way the white popped out better. 

Thumbs up from me on that decision, though I'll own a set either way, lol. 

6 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Painted.  Something to mention, the SSA logo on all the drivers is white.

Should of let the color be customizable.  Just had the ssa engraved and put a color sticker on it.  Kinda like the Fi dust caps.  I'm buying a pair either way though.  Just a thought. 

4 hours ago, altoncustomtech said:

I did like the way the red goes with the Evil logo but I definitely liked the way the white popped out better. 

Thumbs up from me on that decision, though I'll own a set either way, lol. 

Haha, well I really hope you like them.  Our first tweets, I hope they are top notch for the money. :)

I think white . Cant wait to order a pair!

1 hour ago, Billy Jack said:

Good thing your coming out with all this new stuff right when I'm ready to do another big build. All JL in the dodge, Sundown and crescendo in the mustang, and all SSA in the Cruze just sounds like a good idea.  Expect a order from me soon Aaron. You guys got me curious to how a all SSA system would sound. I truly hope there half as good as everyone says.

One general thing about reviews is that not every install is the same and definitely not every ear or listening preference is the same. 

What sounds good in my vehicle to me might sound like crap to you and vice versa.

However it should be apparent that Aaron and Mark don't tend to just throw a product out there without doing a fair bit of testing and work to try to ensure the product is worth releasing in the first place. 

I have personally used the XCON, ICON, and DCON subwoofers, currently owning the XCON and DCON series. I have experienced the Evil sub and I have used and currently own a set of the Evil 6.5"  mids. I'm never going to say they're the beat all end all answer to every situation, I don't think Aaron or Mark would either, but the equipment isn't going anywhere anytime soon and I tend to measure everything I look at and mess with against it. I believe a lot of other folks who've used the SSA equipment feel the same way and I feel that speaks volumes more than any review can.  

2 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

Good thing your coming out with all this new stuff right when I'm ready to do another big build. All JL in the dodge, Sundown and crescendo in the mustang, and all SSA in the Cruze just sounds like a good idea.  Expect a order from me soon Aaron. You guys got me curious to how a all SSA system would sound. I truly hope there half as good as everyone says.

Like sex in your ear! Post pics & good luck!

There isn't an all SSA install just yet, but we are working towards making that a possibility.

6 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

There isn't an all SSA install just yet, but we are working towards making that a possibility.

You got everything but head units and crossovers but I was talking mostly about all ssa subs, mids, highs, and amps with my usual alpine head unit. Oh and wire I guess to. I normally run passive in my cars so I wouldn't need a dsp anyways. I have ran active but not in a while. The pic of the S/10 with 20's was a active front 2 way but I mostly did it because I couldn't build a big sub stage in a single cab without doing a blow through so I focused more on sound quality. 

On 2/11/2017 at 9:45 PM, Jay-C76 said:

Like sex in your ear! Post pics & good luck!

It would be awesome if the SSA subs could have close to the sound quality of my 13w7, and still have half the output as my Sundown team subs, but I imagine that being really hard to do as everything in audio is a trade off. I'm surprised the JL's sound as good as they do and can still hammer when called upon, and same goes for the sundowns, they are violent but sound decent at moderate levels, but they are in so much better of a box then my w7, it's just in a crappy prowedge sealed box, it looks good but I know the sub has so much more in it, and my teams need more power, there laughing at the BC3500, and my week as electrical. I still have so much to do but it's hard the way I work, and the local shops are just a rip off. I don't trust them to install a thing. I paid one of them to do my JL system, and  it looked as though they just flagged someone down and said you wanna make $50 real quick. They even put used wire pieced together in my doors, thinking I would never see it, and my amp had black tape holding the wires together, like how exspensive can zip ties be? 

Edited by Billy Jack

1 hour ago, Billy Jack said:

It would be awesome if the SSA subs could have close to the sound quality of my 13w7, and still have half the output as my Sundown team subs, but I imagine that being really hard to do as everything in audio is a trade off. I'm surprised the JL's sound as good as they do and can still hammer when called upon, and same goes for the sundowns, they are violent but sound decent at moderate levels, but they are in so much better of a box then my w7, it's just in a crappy prowedge sealed box, it looks good but I know the sub has so much more in it, and my teams need more power, there laughing at the BC3500, and my week as electrical. I still have so much to do but it's hard the way I work, and the local shops are just a rip off. I don't trust them to install a thing. I paid one of them to do my JL system, and  it looked as though they just flagged someone down and said you wanna make $50 real quick. They even put used wire pieced together in my doors, thinking I would never see it, and my amp had black tape holding the wires together, like how exspensive can zip ties be? 

are you trolling again? lol 

So how much experience have you had with SSA drivers? (hands on) I only ask because your judgement might be completely biased. Seeing as how many of us members here and other audio sites have had experiences with both I'm sure you can find out quite the opposite of that statement. I for one would but my Xcon against a w7 any day of the week. But in all honesty if your install is perfect then the equipment is up to preference at that point... 

Shame on you man! lol  (waiting to see who else chimes in now)

59 minutes ago, Shogen said:

So how much experience have you had with SSA drivers? (hands on) I only ask because your judgement might be completely biased. Seeing as how many of us members here and other audio sites have had experiences with both I'm sure you can find out quite the opposite of that statement. I for one would but my Xcon against a w7 any day of the week. But in all honesty if your install is perfect then the equipment is up to preference at that point... 

^ +1 to what Shogen said.

I would assume you've not heard SSA equipment used properly, or had a bad experience? First couple of hits on a google search:

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/46475-w7-vs-xcon/

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/28567-12-jl-w7-d3-vs-12ssa-icon-d2/

There's a reason why the Icon and Xcon get consistently compared to a sub over twice the price. What enclosures have you listened to any of the three(W7, Icon, Xcon) in? I'm using a properly designed and tuned tapered transmission line and I'm in love with my two 15" Xcon with ~2500 wrms. Snappy, deep, low, loud, and very well balanced(but power hungry!). Most people familiar with the SSA subs I would assume tend to stick to normal ported enclosures, as the subs are so well rounded you don't gain much more in terms of performance. I've heard a few W7 systems, the last one being 4 10" w7 with ~3600 clean watts in a single cab blowthrough. Sounded wonderful, but I would bet money he would keep 100% of his sound quality and gain loudness and impact by switching to Xcons, while saving money. Maybe I'm biased too. Who knows. Oh, and half the "loudness" would be 10 db.

Another derailment  :Doh: 

3 hours ago, Shogen said:

I have no idea how they sound, that's what I was saying. I hope when I get mine it can sound as good as my JL, and hit as hard as my sundown's, but that's a lot to ask of any sub from any company. The only ones I have heard where in prefab boxes on very low power, so I'm hoping there half as good as everyone says. Sorry if I'm off topic I was responding to Aaron's quote about a all SSA system. 

PayPal ready!

Thats what im sayin.  Im ready to buy now lol  .   . If yal got any extra prototypes let me know and ill grab them right now :)

Once these are available and amps are out ill have an all ssa build other than electrical :)

Getting close!!

On 3/9/2017 at 9:52 PM, Aaron Clinton said:

Getting close!!

How close....

On 3/18/2017 at 3:27 PM, nem said:

How close....

Maybe 2 weeks left until they ship.

1 hour ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Maybe 2 weeks left until they ship.

Ordering a pair when they are available!