Those enclosures look nice and clean, the pipe fittings need the galv ground off and painted/ coated the same as the enclosures. But, the look like they fit like a glove on the contour of the floor. Super nice!

3 minutes ago, Jay-C76 said:

Those enclosures look nice and clean, the pipe fittings need the galv ground off and painted/ coated the same as the enclosures. But, the look like they fit like a glove on the contour of the floor. Super nice!

Thanks ! Those bars were thrown on because when the back seat is in , the seat has no real support on the bottom . Im waiting on a custom ported box from High Output Enclosures  , so I won't worry about these sealed boxed for now . 

8 hours ago, Cwallaker said:

It is the see tings that auto setup choose , except for the sub low pass  and mid hi pass . Those were set to all pass probably because I didn't have my subs hooked up when I ran it .  My system doesn't sound bad as is , it just seems like I could be better .  I have no real refrence point to draw from . I live  in yakima , Wa . Here a "good" system is a big amp , a couple type r's , and stock mids/highs . Shit ... my system might sound amazing lol , and I don't even realize it . 

As for the eq, I'm not sure how to look at the settings. Would that be the custom 1 or 2?

Also is it possible for the xover to be letting lower freq to my tweeters despite my settings ? It seems like it is on certain songs ??

Ignore what others think is good....in particular in a car.  I'd bet no one you run into will have a "good" system.  If you want a reference I'd start with home audio.  Of course the most cost effective home audio is a good set of headphones.  I personally have some AKG cans and some custom molded in-the-ear monitors which both absolutely destroy ANY car I have ever heard.  All that being said, it doesn't matter if headphones sound better or worse to you, what matters is what YOU like.  The benefit of a headphone demo though is you will hear all the dynamics you might be missing which will let you of course then compare.  Do beware, you are heading down a slippery slope of no satisfaction ever once you start to really analytically listen.  While it is slippery it is also a great ride though so don't be scared.

I sold my PRS almost 5 years ago.  The EQ on it is graphic and my memory says it is rather easy to find...more so than the crossover points.  16 bands of Left and 16 bands of right.  Our interest is only in the bands that are not at zero.

41 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Ignore what others think is good....in particular in a car.  I'd bet no one you run into will have a "good" system.  If you want a reference I'd start with home audio.  Of course the most cost effective home audio is a good set of headphones.  I personally have some AKG cans and some custom molded in-the-ear monitors which both absolutely destroy ANY car I have ever heard.  All that being said, it doesn't matter if headphones sound better or worse to you, what matters is what YOU like.  The benefit of a headphone demo though is you will hear all the dynamics you might be missing which will let you of course then compare.  Do beware, you are heading down a slippery slope of no satisfaction ever once you start to really analytically listen.  While it is slippery it is also a great ride though so don't be scared.

I sold my PRS almost 5 years ago.  The EQ on it is graphic and my memory says it is rather easy to find...more so than the crossover points.  16 bands of Left and 16 bands of right.  Our interest is only in the bands that are not at zero.

I have a nice pair of harmon kardon over ear, and a pair of Jay bird  blue budx. Right now most of my concern seems to be with my mids on the low end . I'm starting to wonder if I bought very nice fakes. I bought them off a guy on Instagram . Im going to email Hertz with the serial number, and see what's up. The bass is punchy , but kinda overly punchy. It almost seems like there is more bass trapped inside the door shell than what's coming out of the driver . Unfortunately I have to work all weekend so I won't get to really do much listening except to , and from work . I'll try to find the auto eq settings , and report back.

Switch the phase of one of the kids RIGHT now and report the results.

2 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Switch the phase of one of the kids RIGHT now and report the results.

When I goto network 3 , push the center button it only changes phase on both . Not sure how to select just l or r.

2 hours ago, Cwallaker said:

Ok after some button I figured it out and it helped . Why did that help?

Cancellation is a bitch and autoeq and setup is useless.

Exactly why I said to describe what is wrong with what you have.  I know you said it was hard, but gave us one thing and that part was already easy to make better.  There are MANY more little things just like that :)

23 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Exactly why I said to describe what is wrong with what you have.  I know you said it was hard, but gave us one thing and that part was already easy to make better.  There are MANY more little things just like that :)

Thanks man . I really do apreciate the help . I've looked through all the menus and I can't find the one that shows what auto eq set it to . I can find eq 1&2 where I can adjust them . I can find the presets, and I found where to turn auto eq off . Which I did , and it sounded way off . 

Also I really think low freq are making it to my tweeters , but only on certain songs .  

Unplug everything but the tweeters.  I always listen to every driver on its own and then every driver with every phase possibility independently.  Both before and after T/A.  Those tweeters have balls and can take some heat (in particular if you don't have the first run where the quality control was a bit iffy), but just because they can doesn't mean that is what they will sound good doing.

EQ2 should be the network EQ.  Perhaps Pioneer hides the auto eq settings from you...but I don't remember as I sold the vehicle mine was in more than 6.5 years ago and when I tried the Auto setup it was horseshit.  No T/A, no EQ, and cross points set at 12dB and using the Fs of the tweeter and a generic 63Hz on the sub KILLED the auto setup.  Embarassing how bad it was.

You might have to run your channels full range at the head unit and cross over at the amplifier (s). Josh caught hell setting his head unit, which is why he added the DSP. Looking at you amplifiers, it might be a possibility to tune easier.

Run your EQ flat and only T/A at the head unit.

Just a suggestion.

Edited by Randal Johnson

54 minutes ago, Randal Johnson said:

You might have to run your channels full range at the head unit and cross over at the amplifier (s). Josh caught hell setting his head unit, which is why he added the DSP. Looking at you amplifiers, it might be a possibility to tune easier.

Just a suggestion.

I have the eq set to flat . I am only using t/a ,and x over at the head unit at the moment . Can I flip the switch on the amp to high pass , and set the x over to like 1200hz since I  belive that's the lowest I can go in the head unit ? Will that still allow ne to change slopes ect above 1200hz  at the head unit .  I am sure that on certain songs I can hear the bass line trying to come through the tweets . 

59 minutes ago, Randal Johnson said:

Just a suggestion.

Que??  You do realize he has probably the best interface in a headunit EVER for beginners to setup.  The features and utility of the PRS are awesome.  While I prefer a parametric eq, for someone who has never eq'd a system they are amazingly confusing and the PRS includes 16 bands of INDEPENDENT Left/Right eq which is 100% necessary for setting up a nice frequency response and stage.  No way to nail a car if your eq is applied equally to left and right.  In comparison his amps controls are 20+ years behind.

4 minutes ago, Cwallaker said:

I have the eq set to flat . I am only using t/a ,and x over at the head unit at the moment . Can I flip the switch on the amp to high pass , and set the x over to like 1200hz since I  belive that's the lowest I can go in the head unit ? Will that still allow ne to change slopes ect above 1200hz  at the head unit .  I am sure that on certain songs I can hear the bass line trying to come through the tweets . 

No.  Make sure your amps are run at full range.  If you use both the crossover on the amp and the headunit your phase will be screwed up even more.  There is NO reason in your setup to have anything in the amp but a gain stage.  The rest will just make it worse.

4 minutes ago, Cwallaker said:

I have the eq set to flat . I am only using t/a ,and x over at the head unit at the moment .

Sounds like you have the Auto off.  Do yourself a favor and shut off your sub and listen only to your front stage for a few days.  Adding bass muddies up how your ears respond and your brain listens.

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Unplug everything but the tweeters.  I always listen to every driver on its own and then every driver with every phase possibility independently.  Both before and after T/A.  Those tweeters have balls and can take some heat (in particular if you don't have the first run where the quality control was a bit iffy), but just because they can doesn't mean that is what they will sound good doing.

EQ2 should be the network EQ.  Perhaps Pioneer hides the auto eq settings from you...but I don't remember as I sold the vehicle mine was in more than 6.5 years ago and when I tried the Auto setup it was horseshit.  No T/A, no EQ, and cross points set at 12dB and using the Fs of the tweeter and a generic 63Hz on the sub KILLED the auto setup.  Embarassing how bad it was.

I'll try a little on my lunch break , and after work if I can .  

So these amps have the c.l.e.a.n. setup on them . When Initially set them up I used -5 db for the mids /highs , and -10 for the subs . The amps have an input clip light , and it never lit on the test tones , all the way to the decks limit of 63. So now I have a lc1 that controls both sub amps . At 51 on music (some music) it lights red for input clip. The output clip lights are normal during these episodes, but the bass does distort , it kinda gets a nasally tone untill I turn it down . It doesn't do this for all songs . 

5 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

No.  Make sure your amps are run at full range.  If you use both the crossover on the amp and the headunit your phase will be screwed up even more.  There is NO reason in your setup to have anything in the amp but a gain stage.  The rest will just make it worse.

Sounds like you have the Auto off.  Do yourself a favor and shut off your sub and listen only to your front stage for a few days.  Adding bass muddies up how your ears respond and your brain listens.

Ok I'll give that a try.  Sub off .. check !

All settings on the amp off too.  Gain or gain balance per channel is not included in that statement btw.

28 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Que??  You do realize he has probably the best interface in a headunit EVER for beginners to setup.  The features and utility of the PRS are awesome.  While I prefer a parametric eq, for someone who has never eq'd a system they are amazingly confusing and the PRS includes 16 bands of INDEPENDENT Left/Right eq which is 100% necessary for setting up a nice frequency response and stage.  No way to nail a car if your eq is applied equally to left and right.  In comparison his amps controls are 20+ years behind.

Fuck Sean, I said that this could be a last resort suggestion if he couldn't figure the head unit out. Don't get so uptight, I'm just trying to help. 

Op I will call Josh and see if you two can get in contact (since he competes with his) and see if he can give you good information. If you still need assistance after working with Sean.

You said easier...it isn't, but had you tried with both pieces of gear you would have known that.  The prs is extremely easy to use and you don't have to be in the back seat to adjust stuff.  Somewhat one of my first rules of active.  If you can't adjust from the listening position it is a fail.

7 hours ago, Randal Johnson said:

Fuck Sean, I said that this could be a last resort suggestion if he couldn't figure the head unit out. Don't get so uptight, I'm just trying to help. 

Op I will call Josh and see if you two can get in contact (since he competes with his) and see if he can give you good information. If you still need assistance after working with Sean.

Better make that call quick he will definitely need help after dealing with Sean. 

2 hours ago, Cwallaker said:

How do I control the eq independently for each channel?  I didn't know it could do that ?

Did you buy your head unit new or used ???

Go on the Pioneer's website and download the unit's manual. They normally explain most of their features in detail.

1 minute ago, Randal Johnson said:

Did you buy your head unit new or used ???

Go on the Pioneer's website and download the unit's manual. They normally explain most of their features in detail.

I bought it new . I had just had surgery, and had a shop install it . They kindly ran auto everything ,and disposed of the packaging . I actually downloaded the manual earlier on my phone . I'm reading over it now .