Digital music I've downloaded on my galaxy s5. It was downloaded at the highest bit rate available from Google play music . Transmitted via Bluetooth  to the deck . 

7 hours ago, Cwallaker said:

Digital music I've downloaded on my galaxy s5. It was downloaded at the highest bit rate available from Google play music . Transmitted via Bluetooth  to the deck . 

Ok.  That could be your problem.  Use a CD.  The amount of GARBAGE on the internet EVEN at high bit rates is unbelievable.  The quality difference can turn the best stereo in the world into garbage.

That being said, a properly ripped CD at 192k+ is fine so it isn't like you need FLAC or 320k.  Others that say differently haven't done a real blind A/B.  

I figured it was part of the problem . The other is the fact that overexcursion  has torn the surrounds on one of my mids ....  I think one of my tweeters has failed as well . I ordered a pair of evil 6.5 . I got the 8 ohm version because I have such a large amp for my mids . I had originally planned to run at least a few drivers on it .  The 8 ohm should drop the amps output to like 175 watts . So it looks lie I get to start over once my replacement diaphragm,  and mids get here . I sure hope they can hang . These millies are mid bass monsters . I'm hoping to get the surround replaced ,If I can find somewhere to do it ??