Cwallaker

Preview of my new box for 2 xcons

Does bracing like that really do anything that a couple of dowel rods or all thread can't do? 

8 minutes ago, ohio45113 said:

Does bracing like that really do anything that a couple of dowel rods or all thread can't do? 

Well... more bracing= more better . 

All thread isn't sexy, these braces are.

Very cool.

The bracing is so "hot", you could use a plexi window to show it !

Nice box.

I'd use the 2 amps, linked if possible. I don't like running too low impedance.

7 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Yes.  An example.  Someday perhaps I'll take some modal measurements and share...

9035abf9e112017d5f711ff21c839bae.jpg

Like the box design btw!

That's a cool design 

Practically drooling here. Damn!

I always seem to have better luck with a file hosting service. Imgur lets you post entire galleries with one link and scroll through the whole thing L/R. Thanks for the update!

On 2/2/2017 at 10:03 AM, Cwallaker said:

A sneak peek of my new box . It is being built by Dave Marin of High Output Enclosures.  It will be bed lined with a red port perhaps. It will have 5.0 cu ft net ,and is tuned @33 hz . I have two options for power . I can continue  using two p1000x1's both have birth sheets of 1500 watt's , or I can use a synergy wfo 3500; but it'll have to be run at .5 ohm since I have dual 2ohm xcon 12's . 

Should sound great either way . 

BracePrev1.png

preview1.png

preview2.png

What does High Output Enclosures charge for a box like this? If you don't mind me asking. The guy I have build my boxes is always super busy around this time of year so I may have to find someone else to build my box for my Cruze. Still trying to figure out what subs I want to run. Sorry not trying to get off topic just curious about the pricing.

4 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

What does High Output Enclosures charge for a box like this? If you don't mind me asking. The guy I have build my boxes is always super busy around this time of year so I may have to find someone else to build my box for my Cruze. Still trying to figure out what subs I want to run. Sorry not trying to get off topic just curious about the pricing.

I think I'm around $600 shipped . That's coated with bedliner .  High output enclosures is quite busy too . 

Thinking of running inverted subs . I've never run that way . Stupid question ... do I wire the same polarity?  How will the extra air space effect the tuning ??

I wouldn't. Not braced for that. That enclosure is accounting the drivers being in there so it would have too much air space and would be tuned incorrectly. You would need a completely different design for inverted drivers.

Also, yes, you would wire the same. Just an observation brother.

1 minute ago, Randal Johnson said:

I wouldn't. Not braced for that. That enclosure is accounting the drivers being in there so it would have too much air space and would be tuned incorrectly. You would need a completely different design for inverted drivers.

Also, yes, you would wire the same. Just an observation brother.

Wait .. what ? I knew it would change the tuning a bit . I assumed it would be a bit lower . I had no idea the you would need to brace different, or design diffrent; well other than airspace . Tbh I'm going to try running them inverted anyway . The worst that can happen is I won't like the sound right ?? I wish I had sprung for a plexI window to show off the great looking subs .... 

Without quick calculation and just by looking at the pics, I'd say you tuned originally around 32 to 36 htz. Inverted will set you to 56 htz or higher. Hence hurting the subs music if not careful. 

Then again, it my work out great. Trial and error is what I always preach.

You're changing the entire dynamics of the enclosure by doing this. Just Saying

If you're that head strong about it, I would highly recommend the opinion of the original enclosure designer and builder before trying this. 

Just my suggestion brother. Good luck

I had it built for a 33 hz tuning as recomended by Aaron from SSA. You're right ; I'll stick with the original design . Plus I got to thinking that would put the sub above my window line , and might encourage theft . 

Woah, looks awesome!