Cwallaker

Preview of my new box for 2 xcons

6 hours ago, Randal Johnson said:

Without quick calculation and just by looking at the pics, I'd say you tuned originally around 32 to 36 htz. Inverted will set you to 56 htz or higher. Hence hurting the subs music if not careful. 

Then again, it my work out great. Trial and error is what I always preach.

You're changing the entire dynamics of the enclosure by doing this. Just Saying

If you're that head strong about it, I would highly recommend the opinion of the original enclosure designer and builder before trying this. 

Just my suggestion brother. Good luck

Umm, what???  Making the enclosure larger (by inverting) you will LOWER the tuning not raise it.  Also the whopping < .3cuft change will drop you a Hz or so which isn't something to stress over.

Also the loads on the box will be the same dynamically.  The static moment from hanging the sub off the front will change, but it is also really nothing to think or worry about.

Invert if you like, it won't harm anything.  GREAT looking box btw.

Whatever, it's all good. I'm not a designer or builder. Forget I said anything.

I just know I personally wouldn't do it if it wasn't designed for it. Carry on brother.

I agree that I should just run it as designed . I didn't plan for inverted . If I had I would have had the cutout with a little round over to prevent damage . Also I don't want to attract ant extra theft attention . The reasons why not out weigh the reason to .

53 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Umm, what???  Making the enclosure larger (by inverting) you will LOWER the tuning not raise it.  Also the whopping < .3cuft change will drop you a Hz or so which isn't something to stress over.

Also the loads on the box will be the same dynamically.  The static moment from hanging the sub off the front will change, but it is also really nothing to think or worry about.

Invert if you like, it won't harm anything.  GREAT looking box btw.

As bad as I hate to agree with dude, he is right on this one. ^  I was going to type almost the same thing. The only reason not to run inverted, is if the sub want work, like my 13w7 with it's hidden screw holes, or if your box is already to big or to flimsy. Obviously if you have a monster sub like a SMDV2, and a weak box with 1/2 inch, or 3/4 wood and no bracing, you wouldn't want to stress it and possibly break the box. Other then that do it. :stupid:

2 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

As bad as I hate to agree with dude, he is right on this one. ^  I was going to type almost the same thing. The only reason not to run inverted, is if the sub want work, like my 13w7 with it's hidden screw holes, or if your box is already to big or to flimsy. Obviously if you have a monster sub like a SMDV2, and a weak box with 1/2 inch, or 3/4 wood and no bracing, you wouldn't want to stress it and possibly break the box. Other then that do it. :stupid:

Be cool brother. Like I said, it's all good. Right or wrong, I don't argue with moderators. I respect them. No need to kick a man when he's down. 

4 hours ago, Randal Johnson said:

I just know I personally wouldn't do it if it wasn't designed for it.

Just to clarify for the OP.  The design wouldn't change inverted or not.  He is fine either way.