Tater tater

Just got my 2 18 in Zcons

Wow!!! Today I received my two 18in Zcons,and I just want to thank SSA !!!!You guys hooked me up with both of my subs with the carbon fiber dust caps and I didn't expect that!!!!!That made my day !!!!!!  I was so surprised to see that since I did not order them with that upgrade.I figured maybe that's why I did not get the free To shirt but hey that's way better than a T shirt.You guys make The best subs hands down!!!!I'm going to be proud to be reppin SSA!!!!I will be powering them with the Soundqubed 4.5k which also purchased through SSA!!!Thanks Mark for also getting back to me on you tube with my port questions.He recommended 15.25 cu in per cubic foot.So that's what I 'm among for.As soon as it warms up here in Michigan I will start my build in my Grand Marquis.I will also Post some pics on the forum when I get started.Thanks to Aaron for answering my phone calls and questions on amps as well.You guys are a stand up company!!!!I'm a customer for life!!! SSA FTW!!!!!!

IMG_5436.jpg

KIMG0036.JPG

KIMG0039.JPG

KIMG0037.JPG

Also the vehicle I will be installing these in my Grand Marquis!!! So far I have also got A 220 amp alternator,I have bought a new pioneer head unit,I have an XS power D 6500, (gonna get 1 more battery),I have Knu konceptz kollesus flex ofc,Og ,and Big 3 and all my fuse block s and battery terminals,and amp inputs are from Toolmaker.I can't wait for this rebuild,I'm taking out my 3 15 in kicker CVR,for the swap of the 2-18 in Zcons.If anyone has any other suggestions for my build please feel free to share.Thanks .

Hey Brian, I am glad they made it safely.  We did run out of the freebie shirts and need to get new ones made asap.  Looking forward to your build log.

Nice choice on woofers.
 You'll love them.:dancing:

Someone is going too be loud...

Waiting for the build pics.

So is this going in walled? 

Those zcons are beasts , real good choice.

Hey thanks guys for all of your response's,and the welcome to the forum.Well I can't do a wall just yet and I know I will be cutting it close on my trunk but Im pretty sure I will just barely squeeze by on the air space needed ..I have been crunching numbers and I should have roughly 14cu .The trunk of my car is huge but I'm definitely going to use every nook and cranny to make it as big as possible.As soon as it warms up a bit I will strip my whole trunk and start putting in my Second Skin Damplifier Pro down,and run all my wire.I will definitely start a build log so stay tuned guys and appreciate all of you.

Welcome brian. The zcon 18 was how i got introduced to ssa and years later i still haven't left. Mark and Aaron go above and beyond for their customers and i am proud to be on there forum and talk closely with these guys. Any questions or concerns we are here to help!

Thank you for the glowing review on the SSA Store.

Thanks Infinite I will definitely seek advice when needed,and no problem Aaron you guys earned it.

I've done many designs for people with kicker cvr.....You're gonna crap yourself when you hear what real subs sound like. You are in for a HUGE surprise! Good luck on your install, and post pics! We love pics!

Thanks Jay C 76 , I will definitely post my pics and man I can't wait!!!!!!!That just raised my excitement level to border line heart attack!!!!I'm so unbelievably happy!!!!

Excellent choice of subs man

Hey thanks frog case!!!

My last couple builds has been with 2 zcon 18s . There some bad ass subs forsure

Not to sure about 2 of them in a trunk though

My trunk is huge I'm going to make sure it is 14 cube tho I think the lowest I'll have will be 10.5-11 cube which I think will work but.I have an 03 Grand Marquis so if you could brake alook at Google of my trunk and tell me for sure what you think.Id appreciate it.Thanks.

I will be taking out  my 3 15 s and I'll post a pic to see what everyone on thinks of it empty .And see if they think it will hold the Zcons.Im picturing it like a wall just laying down if that makes sense.

For sure I got 56-58 in wide by 22 in deep,and 20 in tall but how ever there is 2 big pockets on each side of trunk,and the trunk dips down a couple extra inches where the spare tire goes.so I'm hoping those 3 spots will give me the added space I need to get a couple more cubic ft.

Just did an install in an 03 crown vic and there trunks seem huge but only was able to get around 8 cubes after all dissplacements . But this was able  to remove from the trunk though so maybe could have been a little bigger if built in the trunk

For sure I got 56-58 in wide by 22 in deep,and 20 in tall but how ever there is 2 big pockets on each side of trunk,and the trunk dips down a couple extra inches where the spare tire goes.so I'm hoping those 3 spots will give me the added space I need to get a couple more cubic ft.I will build it to the max of the trunk it will not be able to be removed.Thanks for the input.

Going to be close with the appropriate amount of port and woofer displacement. Please post some pictures with the trunk panels removed so we can get a better idea of total space. Either way this shall be interesting, good luck.

Will do S.Deyong and thanks for the willingness to help I surely appreciate it.

As soon as the warm weather is here to stay I will take out all my old equipment and take some photos and begin to run wire and ,the I'll be taking like 10 days off work to get the build done so please bare with me and as soon as the warm weather is here to stay in Michigan it's on and I will be looking for suggestions and guidance from you all thanks again everyone.