Sign in to follow this  
Shogen

Xcon recone question

So I was going to purchase a Xcon recone but it occured to me to double check compatability. Since I know designs have changed in the last few years with certain subs.

I had to go through all my posts/thread topics to find it since I know I didn't order it directly through the store/website since it was special order.

Turns out I purchased my Xcon back in 2011. Would the current recone work for my sub?

Yep it should however the spider setup is going to be different in the newer recone but it should sound exactly the same.

Thanks Julian... I'm waiting on a email reply as well to be safe.. 

6 hours ago, Julian said:

Yep it should however the spider setup is going to be different in the newer recone but it should sound exactly the same.

Ts will be a little different but nothing you will hear by ear.

So motor is unchanged? gap sizes and all? 

2 minutes ago, Jay-C76 said:

Ts will be a little different but nothing you will hear by ear.

I know with my older Icon Aaron said there was no gap change on the motor. I have the older version with the pole vent.

15 hours ago, Shogen said:

So motor is unchanged? gap sizes and all? 

Motor changed but the gap size stayed the same, I myself have a first gen XCON and I spoke with Aaron last week about getting a recone and he told me that the soft parts are similar with the spider setup being different and the coil sizes the same.

Yes, the current softparts will work great with a slightly older Xcon.  The Xcon has only had minor tweaks over the years, nothing major like a full motor overhaul that the Icon had for example.

awesome info guys! Thanks!

8 hours ago, Julian said:

Motor changed but the gap size stayed the same, I myself have a first gen XCON and I spoke with Aaron last week about getting a recone and he told me that the soft parts are similar with the spider setup being different and the coil sizes the same.

5 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Yes, the current softparts will work great with a slightly older Xcon.  The Xcon has only had minor tweaks over the years, nothing major like a full motor overhaul that the Icon had for example.