camberJ

New looking for ideas

Hey peeps, glad to see this board! I just got my dream truck, 2010 Ford Raptor Crew Cab and would like to upgrade the audio system. Might got some ideas around here so I signed up.

Well what are you willing to spend? What all are you wanting to replace? Are you sticking with factory radio or replacing? Are you want sq or spl? Will you be adding runs of speaker wire and bypassing factory wire or are you going to try and sneak into the factory wires and just swap speakers. We would love to help point you in the best direction we just need a little info on your end. And also pics of said raptor because forum rules are pics or didnt happen. Other than that welcome to SSA!

:WELCOME:

Thank you for the welcomes. The budget is tight right now so I have to wait for the wifey's go signal. The radio seems fine but we'll see about that.

Can't go wrong with soundqubed if your on a tight budget, a few hundred dollars could have you a sub stage, and if you like the factory radio you could get a line output converter and just use the stock mids, and add a sub stage, as it will be the most noticible change. Then later you could always upgrade a piece at a time. Second thing I would do is change your factory speakers, then after that you could get a amp for your mids, highs. 

Welcome

23 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

Can't go wrong with soundqubed if your on a tight budget, a few hundred dollars could have you a sub stage, and if you like the factory radio you could get a line output converter and just use the stock mids, and add a sub stage, as it will be the most noticible change. Then later you could always upgrade a piece at a time. Second thing I would do is change your factory speakers, then after that you could get a amp for your mids, highs. 

Thank you Bill. Yeah someone here mentioned about line output converter. Might go with that route.

:WELCOME: