Tater tater

Wiring suggestions for my 2-18 in Zcons

Hey guys I have the Soundqubed 4.5k and the dual 2 ohm Zcons,I was thinking about Wiring them to 8 ohm to break them in for a month or so.Or should I do the 2ohm? Or do I go for the gusto and do the .5 ohm? Also does anyone know for sure if that 4.5 k is Half ohm stable?Thanks for all your support and Suggestions.

Hey guys I have the Soundqubed 4.5k and the dual 2 ohm Zcons,I was thinking about Wiring them to 8 ohm to break them in for a month or so.Or should I do the 2ohm? Or do I go for the gusto and do the .5 ohm? Also does anyone know for sure if that 4.5 k is Half ohm stable?Thanks for all your support and Suggestions.

How is your electrical right now . If not the best I would stick with 2 ohm for now . . But if your electrical can take it go ahead and wire half ohm

I have a 220 amp alt,an X's power D 6500,and Knu konceptz kollesus flex ofc Og.

I'm going to get 1 more battery soon .

I would wire at 2 ohm at first and see how your volt are looking

OK thank you frog case and oh yeah I forgot to mention the big 3 done as well

On 2/13/2017 at 11:57 PM, frogcase2002 said:

I would wire at 2 ohm at first and see how your volt are looking

Agreed. :)

On 2/13/2017 at 10:09 PM, Tater tater said:

If this is a daily ground pounder deffinetly don't wire at below recommended, 1ohm on that amp. Better to be safe then fry a $850 dollar amp, and be bassless for what, almost no audible gains. That and if zcon's are stiff like some subs you may want to break them in a little before going balls to the wall on the power. Now if you burping and can measure impedance, or are competing then you could, but it's hard on equipment, mainly the amp, as I'm sure the ZCON'S can take 5k no problem for short bursts.  

Edited by Billy Jack

I'd stay at 2 for daily. If you plan to compete, you can always ohm it down for the competition then ohm it back up for daily.

Seen this done MANY times.

17 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

If this is a daily ground pounder deffinetly don't wire at below recommended, 1ohm on that amp. Better to be safe then fry a $850 dollar amp, and be bassless for what, almost no audible gains. That and if zcon's are stiff like some subs you may want to break them in a little before going balls to the wall on the power. Now if you burping and can measure impedance, or are competing then you could, but it's hard on equipment, mainly the amp, as I'm sure the ZCON'S can take 5k no problem for short bursts.  

I beat my zcon right out of the rip. Did this daily for over a year.   Single 12 on a bc3500.  Had good electrical though.  Sold it to my buddy and he fried it on a audio pipe 1500 within a week... OP just make sure your voltage is on point and let it rip.  Zcons can take a beating... Frogcase2002 had a pair of 12s that he had to jb weld the basket several times and they still banged. 

Thanks guys for all the advice I'm definitely going to wire them to 2 ohm then, because it is for daily, however I am trying to make it to slamolgy this year for my first comp.

6 hours ago, ohio45113 said:

I beat my zcon right out of the rip. Did this daily for over a year.   Single 12 on a bc3500.  Had good electrical though.  Sold it to my buddy and he fried it on a audio pipe 1500 within a week... OP just make sure your voltage is on point and let it rip.  Zcons can take a beating... Frogcase2002 had a pair of 12s that he had to jb weld the basket several times and they still banged. 

Only subs I ever fried where Kove Armageddon 15's on a US2000X. But they where used when I got them so who knows how old they where or how long that big ass amp had been hammering them. She was pounding like mad, gain at 1/4 way up no boost, and I smelled coil and turned it off and when I tried to play them again they where froze. I replaced them with 2 4inch coil 12's, and holy hell we had to keep welding the trunk back on and the sunroof ripped all the way to the door. I never metered it, but it had to be near 150db if not more. The 12's took that amp at half gain for a year until I sold them, and like you the guy put low power on them and burnt one up. 

Edited by Billy Jack

:suicide-santa::roflmao:

D2's...wire them to series with a "jumper" at the sub to bring each pair of coils up to 4 ohm & then series wire the pair of subs, this will bring you to a final 2 ohm load and save you some feet of wire. Also if one coil fails it will break the circuit and save the other sub from possible overpowering.

Billy Jack and Jay C76,,,Thanks for the heads up and I will definitely follow byou guys advice.One quick question I bought some knu konceptz Twisted 8 awg ofc will this be good enough wire or will it be to big? I was looking at some mechman 10awg or the sky high 10awg but I wanted to keep the same brand of my 0 awg of Knu konceptz.So hopefully the push terminals will be big enough for the 8 awg Knu konceptz.I guess I should just check.Thanks in advance.

Wire can never be to big lol . . That wire should be fine

tater, you live 15mins from me are you on the local fb audio pages?

OK thanks Frog case,and Jason Brittain I don't have DB but I'm in Southgate Mi where you located?

3 hours ago, Tater tater said:

OK thanks Frog case,and Jason Brittain I don't have DB but I'm in Southgate Mi where you located?

i'm in romulus, my box builder is also in romulus. kolton who also run 3 zcons lives in monroe. roger who just sold his 4 evils just moved to romulus. kevin sells ofc 0g wire (if you don't mind orange) he lives in taylor. he runs crossfire, another guy lives in southgate? has a crossfire 4th order wall in a car similar to yours. a few teamates live in taylor/dearborn hieghts areas. a lot sunday nights during the summer we have park n pounds at gibralter trade center in mt clemons @ 6pm- . actually just had 1 this past sunday. here an event coming in few months. there's more i just don't have them set on facebook right now.

16832390_1265515156876534_3566005846376569927_n.jpg

Edited by Jason Brittain

4 hours ago, Tater tater said:

I used to live in Melvindale myself right behind the big pink best weastern off 94 right past the giant uniroyal tire, if you know Detroit you will know what I'm talking about. I have been down every street in South Gate at one time. I now live in south eastern Kentucky.  

Oh yeah that's cool Billy jack!!!!I know right where you are talking about!!!Do you miss Michigan?? Or are you happy you live in Kentucky???And Heck yeah Jason that is cool dude!!!!When I get everything put together I will have to meet up with you guys!!!!For sure I will try and get to that event in May!!!I I would enjoy meeting up with fellow Bass heads!!!  I will for sure make it sometime this summer to the trade center!!I wish they would have never closed the one in Taylor!!!!!

Oh Jason why is your team name???

51 minutes ago, Tater tater said:

Oh Jason why is your team name???

Teamoutlawd its a pretty relaxed team. Some compete, but most dont. Think theres like 50 of us. And at any given time therea a handful that will give a hand. No bs or drama it's pretty much the Only Rule.

20160907_013507.jpg

Edited by Jason Brittain

19 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

I used to live in Melvindale myself right behind the big pink best weastern off 94 right past the giant uniroyal tire, if you know Detroit you will know what I'm talking about. I have been down every street in South Gate at one time. I now live in south eastern Kentucky.  

I just bought a house here in melvindale lol