Sign in to follow this  
gibsonusa5

First Post- Amp help?

So I just picked up a box and 2x10 Rockford Fosgate subs for my Ram. So the subs are 4 ohm 150watt RMS each with a peak of 300watt. Here's the problem. I listen to rock mainly so I don't care about a TON of bass, but I do like a good amount. The subs are bridged or whatever, and that's where I don't know what amp to get without spending a fortune. The two subs don't have two wires each I guess that's what bridged means? 

So my question is, what channel, RMS, ohm all that stuff, what would be the best amp for me? I'm so lost and the audio guy near my house is just trying to make money off of me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

By chance do you know if the subs are dual voice coil or single voice coil? This will help us know what your final impedance will be and what amp would best fit your needs. Just in case you arent sure how to tell voice coil count how many positives and negatives does each woofer have. Welcome to SSA!

You only have a set of terminals : one positive and one negative. Ok we get it. We need to find the final impedance : 2 Ohms, 4 Ohms ?

Can you see what is written on the subs, or near the terminals ? Like DVC 4 or SVC 4, DVC2,...?

We need to know that. So we can tell you what kind of amp you need.