gibsonusa5

amp help?

So I just picked up a box and 2x10 Rockford Fosgate subs for my Ram. So the subs are 4 ohm 150watt RMS each with a peak of 300watt. Here's the problem. I listen to rock mainly so I don't care about a TON of bass, but I do like a good amount. The subs are bridged or whatever, and that's where I don't know what amp to get without spending a fortune. The two subs don't have two wires each I guess that's what bridged means? 

So my question is, what channel, RMS, ohm all that stuff, what would be the best amp for me? I'm so lost and the audio guy near my house is just trying to make money off of me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I'm certain we can help with the amp. In the interest of helping you learn and for us to ensure we're helping as much as possible, would you feel comfortable pulling one sub out of the enclosure to verify the wiring and such?  If you could take a few pictures of the back of the sub, where it's wired, and if the entire enclosure we can explain a great deal about what you have. Otherwise it's an educated guess based on the little bit of information you've provided so far. 

On another note welcome to the forum and I look forward to helping you out!

26 minutes ago, altoncustomtech said:

I'm certain we can help with the amp. In the interest of helping you learn and for us to ensure we're helping as much as possible, would you feel comfortable pulling one sub out of the enclosure to verify the wiring and such?  If you could take a few pictures of the back of the sub, where it's wired, and if the entire enclosure we can explain a great deal about what you have. Otherwise it's an educated guess based on the little bit of information you've provided so far. 

On another note welcome to the forum and I look forward to helping you out!

16736370_1852073068340445_331873338_n.jpg

16735819_1852073085007110_879465242_n.jpg

16754082_1852073088340443_794908710_n.jpg

Ouch, don't put that seat down...

Do you have a multimeter?  A measure of resistance on the coils to approximate impedance would really help.  If not, the full model number of those subs would also typically give us this information.

37 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Ouch, don't put that seat down...

Do you have a multimeter?  A measure of resistance on the coils to approximate impedance would really help.  If not, the full model number of those subs would also typically give us this information.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/details/p110s4

and why not put the seat down?

I think he is referring to thr ring mark left on the seats from the woofers. Meaning the woofers are touching the seat before excursion of any kind.

Generally you want a few inches of space...

:WELCOME:

If I where you, and obviously on a budget, I would amp those subs and build something around those subs, and in the middle of the seat, to keep the seat from touching your subs at max excursion, other wise your gonna end up with torn surrounds, and folded cones, which want be pretty, or sound to nice. Maybe some 1x1 around the sub and in the middle to support the seat, and hopefully not make it to odd looking. Or if no one uses the back much, just leave it up better bass anyways.