I'm looking for some experiences, reviews, and/or opinions from those whom use small amplifiers.  Post your brand, model, and opinions.  Thanks!

I use a JL HD1200/1 class D mono block to power my JL 13w7 in a Prowedge sealed box, and it's a little brute! And it's one of the most efficient amps over a 1k watts I have ever used. Stock everything in a 2013 Dodge Avenger R/T. Only electrical I have is a 1k watt capable battery in the trunk with a 4 gauge wire ran from the front factory batt. When the worthless dealer installed it they had all gains, bass boost turned to 100% and it took it for months before the first sub blew. What was strange is there was almost no distortion, or at least where the sub was rear firing and so loud, I couldn't hear it, but the amp is still working after I installed it myself in my woman's Avenger 3-4 years later. And it's about the size of a sheet of paper, if that big. 

Edited by Billy Jack

I was recently introduced to VE Audio, having installed their little AB 150.2 two channel and D600.1 mono block. 

The AB150.2 is a Class AB and is a very solid little thing at that. Very clean and strong output that easily drives the matching components very well with no perceivable noise floor.  It's rated at 150wrms x 2 @ 4 ohms and I don't think it has any issues providing it. 

The D600.1 is my favorite between them though. It's about half the size of the AB150 but seems like it just doesn't run out of steam. The D600 is rated 300wrms @ 4 ohms and 600wrms @ 2 ohms. It's powering a single CDT Audio HD12SQ in a simple prefabricated sealed truck style enclosure with enough gusto to surprise everyone who's listened to it.

These are the smallest amps I've ever used and I really can't find anything negative about them. Perhaps my only possible complaint would be that the cooling fans in the AB150 are just a little noisier than I would like but I believe that's getting a little nit picky. 

58 minutes ago, altoncustomtech said:

I was recently introduced to VE Audio, having installed their little AB 150.2 two channel and D600.1 mono block. 

The AB150.2 is a Class AB and is a very solid little thing at that. Very clean and strong output that easily drives the matching components very well with no perceivable noise floor.  It's rated at 150wrms x 2 @ 4 ohms and I don't think it has any issues providing it. 

The D600.1 is my favorite between them though. It's about half the size of the AB150 but seems like it just doesn't run out of steam. The D600 is rated 300wrms @ 4 ohms and 600wrms @ 2 ohms. It's powering a single CDT Audio HD12SQ in a simple prefabricated sealed truck style enclosure with enough gusto to surprise everyone who's listened to it.

These are the smallest amps I've ever used and I really can't find anything negative about them. Perhaps my only possible complaint would be that the cooling fans in the AB150 are just a little noisier than I would like but I believe that's getting a little nit picky. 

I have never heard of VE audio, is that a abbreviation for something, or is that the actual name?  And yes with such small size amps, and no real heat sinks, a fan is probably needed for full tilt play. That or there using less then top shelf parts  with less then stellar heat ratings, but I can't say which as I have not had any experience with them. 

I have also used the Alpine PDX M12 and it was a good little amp to. I don't think it was as efficient as the JL but close. I had the same car for both amps and the Alpine came first so the electrical should have been better, but I got more voltage drop with the Alpine. But I was wired at 1ohm instead of the 3ohm the JL is wired to not sure if that matters on regulated amps as much. 

4 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I'm looking for some experiences, reviews, and/or opinions from those whom use small amplifiers.  Post your brand, model, and opinions.  Thanks!

4ch or mono?

I've installed many of the PBR line from Rockford, they are super tiny and put out a lot of power for their size with the only caveat being they can tend to run a little bit hot, though that being said I've never had one shut off. 

My F150 will be using a pair of LP2150s. Only takes up less than half of the room under my back seat. 

I've used the micro NVX amplifiers and have no issues with them. I've also used the focal fd series with good results. Here's the focal compared to the US Acoustics Barbara Ann 

BD7E0CAF-02A8-403A-B038-A2CC50005251_zps

4424173B-88B9-4CBA-82D6-5BF39B8855B3_zps

16 hours ago, Billy Jack said:

I have never heard of VE audio, is that a abbreviation for something, or is that the actual name?  And yes with such small size amps, and no real heat sinks, a fan is probably needed for full tilt play. That or there using less then top shelf parts  with less then stellar heat ratings, but I can't say which as I have not had any experience with them. 

VE Audio is the brand name and they're not widely known or used yet. Honestly I'm not sure they ever will be simply because  they're an SQ focused company and products and the prices they are sold at don't lend themselves well to people taking a leap of faith trying something new with almost no reviews or background. 

I got my VE Audio equipment from the distributor for that very purpose though and like I said I couldn't be happier with the amplifiers. I have a few issues with the components but they're very small issues with the response that are easily cleaned up with a little bit of simple EQ adjustments. 

The only place I know of to find them for sale is on the SPL-LABS store on WebStore.com or directly from Shizzzon (Sean Madison) who used to be a very active member on the forum here. 

Shannon, do you have any contact info for the VE distributor?  Thank you.

25 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

Shannon, do you have any contact info for the VE distributor?  Thank you.

Absolutely!

Sean Madison

shizzzon@gmail.com

(502)-471-0002

SPLLABS USA on Facebook 

4 hours ago, altoncustomtech said:

VE Audio is the brand name and they're not widely known or used yet. Honestly I'm not sure they ever will be simply because  they're an SQ focused company and products and the prices they are sold at don't lend themselves well to people taking a leap of faith trying something new with almost no reviews or background. 

I got my VE Audio equipment from the distributor for that very purpose though and like I said I couldn't be happier with the amplifiers. I have a few issues with the components but they're very small issues with the response that are easily cleaned up with a little bit of simple EQ adjustments. 

The only place I know of to find them for sale is on the SPL-LABS store on WebStore.com or directly from Shizzzon (Sean Madison) who used to be a very active member on the forum here. 

Yes I have spoke to Shizzon a few times on here, and you tube. That SUV of his with all the Evil's, and tartamps is a bad bitch. Did not know his real name was Sean. Is everyone besides me on SSA named Sean? Lol 

Went and had a look at the VE audio and yes there some little things and not very exspensive for sq equipment. $249 for a 650watt amp isn't to bad about midrange pricing to me. What's a Audiocontrol or Hertz 600 watt amp $400+?

39 minutes ago, Randal Johnson said:

Not the same person brother. I think you are talking about Scenchez. Shizzon hasn't been on here in a LONG time.

I instantly thought of scenchez when I saw that email. I would've thought the same as billy lol 

1 hour ago, Liro213 said:

I instantly thought of scenchez when I saw that email. I would've thought the same as billy lol 

Is he not the guy who became Americas first taramps dealer. He himself had the blazer I think it was with 6 evils and 2 30k taramps on 240volt. I could have swore his name was shizzon? It's been a couple of months since I spoke with him he's a African American gentleman real good guy. 

Sencheezy is his screen name he has a Video up on YouTube and in the description it gives a code for 10% off a evil on the SSA store that's who I thought we where talking about.

Nope, Sencheezy and Shizzzon are two different guys. 

Sencheezy is Senchez Richardson, Shizzzon is Sean Madison. Both were very active members on the forum here at one time before their endeavors grew well beyond having time for the forum. 

Both are good guys though, really good guys. 

10 minutes ago, altoncustomtech said:

Nope, Sencheezy and Shizzzon are two different guys. 

Sencheezy is Senchez Richardson, Shizzzon is Sean Madison. Both were very active members on the forum here at one time before their endeavors grew well beyond having time for the forum. 

Both are good guys though, really good guys. 

Oh ok.

Polk/NVX/PPI have all been good to me.  Have 5 of them currently and one micro.  Micro is a mono on my subs and I have zero desire to upgrade

I have wanted to do a stealth build and mount one of these $20 dollar China amps on the speaker box, and see how many noobs believe all the sound is being supplied by the tiny $20 dollar amp. Not NVX or any of those, I'm talking about these little eBay $20 dollar deals. 

Edited by Billy Jack

I also use one of the Alpine KTP-445A micro amps, that fits behind your stereo. It's not as strong, as say a regular 4 channel only 45x4, but it did make a difference. They would be great for a bike or side by side.